CCL: Ori vs. Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

CCL: Ori vs. Death Metal

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:26 am

STATS AND CONFIGS:
Ori (Spirit Smash config): Speed 7, Traction 7, Torque 2, Weapon 3, Armor 11 (+2 plow)
Death Metal (Toothed bar config): Speed 4, Traction 2, Torque 1, Weapon 16, Armor 7

STRATEGY:

Rush about halfway across at the start, then slow down to follow where she’s going and hopefully ram her before she spins up all the way. And uhh this is a brick vs. spinner fight. Keep chasing and ramming and smothering her and try to get her into the hazards.

If she’s upright, I can pretty much take the hits on any part of my wedge other than getting totally sideswiped. If she’s inverted, be more cautious. I’m not sure her blade’s higher than my chassis but it can skip up. Approach slower so I don’t give her a ton of bite, and try to “catch” the blade on the face of the top “ears.” I can afford to take a couple stray hits on the corners, especially if she’s at low speed, but not many. Fortunately I have a flipper. Be conservative with it and only flip if her blade’ stopped and she’s solidly on my wedge. If she’s inverted flip whenever it’s safe, if she’s not then only do it if I can trap her in the corner and/or throw her onto the wall drums.

I know there’s going to be “Billings Bait” maneuvers from her. Try to bait her into turning early by just bumping the throttle and then braking, and/or sit in one place until she moves to attack me and THEN ram her. Mix in genuine attacks: if she’s showing me her side go after the weapon. If she’s showing me her back she’ll probably turn in the direction of her counter-torque, so veer off to the side to anticipate which way she’ll turn and catch her weapon. If she goes the other way she’ll be fighting her counter-torque to try to turn more than 180 degrees before I fly right past her.

After 2min into the fight, start trying to get her out. Aim attacks to make her bounce toward the OOTA wall if possible, and push her that way whenever I can. If I get her pinned at the OOTA wall after 1:30, wait as long as I can to let the wall descend a little further and then go for it.

If I somehow end up inverted I have a flipper, use the damn thing.

GL HF

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CCL: Ori vs. Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:58 pm

Starting upright

OK, so damage...Ori has 11+2 front plow...I can do 3 damage off the bat, then there's shock damage, which would be 2.5 damage. Even more, there is corner damage...the edge of Ori's plow just looks inviting for some corner damage (+1) and oh, those front wheels, as well (that's 5 damage there!) I think I can cause some serious damage there to Ori if I get to the right spots!

Start out with weapon fully spun up. Give Ori some fits by turning away in different directions and using the patented 'Ray feint'. If Ori falls for it, great...lay into the corners/get at the wheels/chassis enough and hopefully disable it enough that I can get the KO. If not, then I meet plow, which is still 3 damage...not exactly paint scrapes.

Ori has dangerous speed and will likely box-rush me. I will try to swing my weapon around and lay into its side and hopefully catch Ori behind its plow/wheel. Ori may have a speed advantage, but I can still turn on a dime! Take any opportunity to turn into Ori...my long toothed bar has reach!

If Ori starts taking this, turn off of Ori's plow and try to catch it's wheels/sides. Ori will be hindered after taking out a wheel or two....enough where I can start causing significant damage. Again, try to avoid the low wall of the arena and allowing Ori any chance of getting me OOTA. I chose the toothed bar for a reason....knock each other away to prevent Ori from using its flipper. And I still cause max damage to parts of Ori and I should wear it down over the course of the match!

Avoid the low wall side at all costs if the match gets that far along. I'd rather get sent into the drums at this point. If it goes this far, go all out aggressive, cause as much damage as possible to get the JD!

GL, HFL...nice to face you again!