CC: Chemical Reaction vs Death Metal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CC: Chemical Reaction vs Death Metal

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Chemical Reaction: Spd: 5 Tra 4 Tor 2 Armour: 7 Weapon: 12

Death Metal: Spd: 4 // Tra: 2 // Tor: 1 // Wpn: 16 // Arm: 7

(Using a Disc Config For Chemical Reaction and starting inverted)

The only way I feel to deal with Death Metal is to gamble right from the start with a weapon-on-weapon contact. Death Metal’s traction has the potential to give him problems when both weapons hit each other.

I want to ensure I’m facing my weapon at Death Metal

My locomotion is tracked and has good enough to hopefully prevent Chem Reaction from spinning away from the hit.

Death Metal’s armor is weak enough to be damaged especially from his back to at least hit something important inside his chassis. However, I’m going to have to rely on the weapon duel to forcefully make Death Metal face backward or move him near the arena side walls in order for this to work.

Just give it my all and put up a brave fight against Death Metal

Good luck and may the best robot win 😊.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CC: Chemical Reaction vs Death Metal

Post by Shaba117 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Using Angled-edge S-7 bar as declared and running the weapon counterclockwise (same with the direction of CR's disc in his signup post-and nowhere does it state/show that the weapon spinning clockwise just to note)...
...and of course, I can change my weapon direction with the angled-edge bar, as well.

First off, I will do 9...NINE damage with each hit to CR and I definitely have the weapon reach advantage here. I will hit first as CR also can't outmaneuver me with only a slight drivetrain advantage. That first hit will cripple CR (it's tracked, which is especially vulnerable) and it should only take another hit or so to net the KO.

If we do meet weapon-to-weapon, there's a reason that I chose to spin my weapon the same direction as CR: Having the weapons spinning the same direction will be beneficial due to causing a larger hit as well as the weapons 'meshing', which will cause less damage to me than if they were rotating in opposite directions. Less damage to me and more to CR :)

Thing is, CR can run either as an under or overcutter. I am prepared for both as my bar can change spin direction. Even if we meet weapon to weapon, that's still severe damage being dealt to CR.

Spin up and head for the center of the arena and just line up with CR whether he's leading with weapon or wedge (there's no armor bonuses so it doesn't matter what I connect with...it'll hurt CR). If CR tries to bait me towards walls/hazards, just sit there with weapon pointed at them...I'm patient enough.

Now, CR does have a 12-power weapon and I must be aware of that and not take him lightly. I expect CR to last a few hits, so to minimize recoil and lesson the chance of me interacting with walls/hazards, I will power down my weapon until I'm stable again before spinning back up and meet him with my weapon facing him so that I have my weapon armor bonus to help. Also, if this fight goes long and the razor's edge wall has lowered, do my best to avoid attacking CR from that direction to avoid kickback into that side of the arena-I'll rather take a shot from the wall drums on the opposite side then a potential OOTA.

GL, TBR!