Upcoming Projects for Drowning City

Important news and update announcements regarding Advanced Robot Combat.
Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:05 pm

I plan to give this forum some new life and in order to do that, we need to keep having new things to do. Let's face it...fantasy leagues won't last forever. They always seem to come back after a certain suitbale amount of "break time", but there needs to be more. So therefore, I plan to do much of the following:

Release "The Sequel Must Go On"
The movie is done, but we haven't released it so everyone can see it yet. Hey, why can't the whole forum enjoy this? Well, I hope to get it online somehow and the best way of doing this is to use DC's huge FTP space. Hopefully, some of you will get a chance to see just like Paul and Philip have.

Re-introduce some old favorites
There have been some great ideas produced on ARC that have only been around once or twice. For one reason or another, they didn't last too long but the ideas themselves were still great. One that comes to mind is "A Killer Walks Among Us". Being a big fan of Lost, I love ongoing mysteries and having an ongoing game for everyone to enjoy would be fun. Another thing was ARC: Survivor, which has succeeded in the past. The only thing is, it hasn't been around in awhile, it takes a lot of work for whoever is running it and whether or not interest is still there is questionable. Steve's "Mindgame" was fun as well.

New League
Whether Backlash continues to run or not, I would like to try out a new league of my own. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but one possible thing I might include is a ARC Olympics type deal or even a team game (not Tag Team Terror, folks) and maybe bring a new look to some ofthe leagues that we've been doing for the past five years.

Celebrating Anniversary
Despite a slow time for us, did you all forget that on Sept 11th, we had our 5 year anniversary??!! Pretty amazing when looking back on everything. In celebration, I would like to do a few things such as an ARC Achievement Awards setup. Also, I plan to even do a short movie/documentary in the future looking back at how the community has evolved and stayed together. I know I've taken a long break from filmmaking, but this would be fairly simple to do.

Well, those are some of the ideas I had on the horizon. If you like or if you don't, I at least want to try...and try anything that would keep everyone interested and active. Ideas are welcomed, too, so make sure to express yourself if you want to.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:52 pm

Another survivor would be cool. Being the defending champ, lol, I think I could find time to run it. The Olympic robotics idea sounds interesting enough as well.

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Wasn't ARC Survivor the thing that I started? If so, that was fun.