whoa haha

Important news and update announcements regarding Advanced Robot Combat.
Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Or, at the very least, if you weren't appreciative of anything I said, you could always like, y'know, talk to me, say, "hey man, don't say that. I don't appreciate it" and I'd be like "oh, okay, sorry man, I'm just messing around". I don't know. I think I seen some adults do that once, or something.

Toxic

whoa haha

Post by Toxic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 pm

My popcorn I prepared tastes really good right now.

playzooki

whoa haha

Post by playzooki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 04:12 PM</dd></dl><div>My popcorn I prepared tastes really good right now.[/quote]actually quite a good argument

prince palatine

whoa haha

Post by prince palatine » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Toxic</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 04:12 PM</dd></dl><div>My popcorn I prepared tastes really good right now.[/quote]Chuck us some my way mate&#33;

Badnik96

whoa haha

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:17 pm

ok ok ok this entire thing is shit that shouldnt be happening

alex if you wanted your admin priveleges so bad then you shouldn't be spouting passive aggressive troll bullshit all over the forum and skype. im not sure what made josh decide to revoke them but honestly he probably has at least a decent reason for it. if you should be mad at anyone for cbnbc it's lian for taking this damn long to finish it.

there honestly isnt any need for any hostility here anyway, this is a forum about goddamn fantasy combat robots of all things. we're the obscure of the obscure and we don't need any rifts, especially over something as trivial as this.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

whoa haha

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 03:53 PM</dd></dl><div>That's insane. You have to realize how insane that sounds. I don't get clemency for something that happened 5 years ago? Then why ever make me admin or mod in the first place, after that happened&#33; I mean, you really don't trust me to not pull shit like that?

Because that's what I'm getting out of this. I wasn't deadmined because I didn't want to continue crazy bots, or because I made passing comments that you guys only wanted to finish it because you wanted your 40 win records to count. I was deadmined because you think I really would've gone and deleted all the crazy bots stuff, because of something that happened, five years ago&#33; And it wasn't even that bad, it was the rankings thread, which was something I was maintaining so had access to anyway&#33; Doesn't even matter if it was 'childish' (it was) it wasn't like I deleted all of the aftermath threads, like you seem to think I would do here. [/quote]I didn't really want to respond to any of this anymore, but this comment man... You have to know better than that. That situation had nothing to do with you getting de-admined. The only way it factored into anything at all is that it was an event that happened. And unless I myself was 100% sure it would not be an issue again I didn't want to leave it up in the air. Not even being 99.9% sure was enough. But even disregarding that, it affected the timing of the action by a matter of hours at most since it was happening anyway.

And clemency? You WERE given clemency&#33; You got a majority vote at some point to have admin status granted to you. I'm not sure what further clemency you expected. It doesn't remove the fact that the action happened. If that offends you or is disagreeable to you... well sorry, but you shouldn't have done it in the first place.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I can't namedrop spatula can I? lol. Yeah yeah I know we discussed this before, but its impossible to decide your own fights in a fair and impartial manner, simply because you're the one fighting in it. Your argument against Hephaestus or whatever was specifically that you didn't like my RP. Or that you liked your own RP better. OF COURSE YOU DIDNT lol, you wrote your own RP and made your own robot so of COURSE you'd think it'd win. [/quote]Okay that's nice and all, but it's all conjecture. And let's get down to brass tacks on this thing. You don't give half a shit about any of the other fights that I may have voted for my own bot on and this is all about that fucking stupid Tali vs. Heph fight. And I know this because you've never said a single word about Kody doing the same thing during the same tournaments. This is particularly egregious because he was winning multiple championships during that timeframe (well he also won multiple championship outside that timeframe as well ;) ), so don't you think someone might have called him out about even the possibility that he was being less than ethical? Well obviously not because it has never crossed my mind and it obviously didn't cross anyone else's either since I never heard a word about it. And hell, I think I might have won one championship during that span with Dr. Robotnik so clearly I was using every bit of muscle I had to better my CFL resume, I mean the results are obvious. Man if I knew you were that eager to get wrecked by Teresa, then I would have just given you a clean 15-0 vote and been done with the whole thing. :v:

And man, if you think that me giving a slight vote in favor of Tali in that match where I gave accountable analysis on my thought process is on par with deleting a thread in a hissy fit moment, then maybe you aren't the best person to lecture people on ethics or the moral high ground so there's really no reason for me to discuss the rest of your points.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>That situation had nothing to do with you getting de-admined.[/quote]

Then why even say this:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As for "prewarning". Well it wouldn't be the first time that, once a decision was reached that you didn't care for, you decided to take it out on a currently ongoing tournament by perhaps deleting/removing posts out of spite. Would you have done something like that again? I guess it's fairly unlikely, but your record is against you there so I decided not to risk it.[/quote]

Deciding 'not to risk it' means that you couldn't even trust me to not delete all the crazybots threads or whatever. That's some real shit dude. Those are Serious Accusations. Clearly it had something to do with me getting deadmined otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. IDK though&#33;

I mean, I still seriously don't know what I did to be deadmined&#33; I suggest that it was because I said you and kody wanted to bank your 40-0 wins. It wasn't that. I take your above post to mean that you didn't trust me to not delete threads. It wasn't that either. It was me being... a troll or something? But I don't really know what I did to 'deserve ire', other than saying that I thought crazy bots sucked, an opinion that I wasn't the only one to voice.

I mean, as far as trolling goes, like I said, other than talking shit about crazybots, or saying someone's robot sucked, that's pretty much all I've done. And I stand by my statement that if that's all it takes for someone to get so upset, well... then they need to get some thicker skin.

And if someone did get that upset, and actually talked to me, and told me to stop? I would. But you, or kody, or NFX, or lian, or whoever else said nothing at all&#33; I don't get that, if that REALLY bugged you so much, why say nothing? I can't imagine I'm that intimidating lol. Why just say nothing, and then deadmin me?

I mean, you made your post about crazybots. I don't like crazybots, but I didn't dispute your points. I said I didn't want to write, but I'd still vote. You communicated with me and I said, fuck it, fine, we'll do it. That's what really gets me. I don't care about being an admin or whatever (other than the convenience of making subforums and whatever since, seriously organizing all the signups and having an upcoming events and whatever else I did was pretty sorely needed, at least for me since I like not having to go through 30 pages to find that crap). There's like 10 admins on a site with 13 members&#33; I care that no one says anything, and then a decision is made.

Kind of like in Aftermath right? Where everyone decided to rewrite some of mine and kody's results right? I remember kody wasn't anymore happy about that then I was, but it wasn't because our results were being rewritten, it was because no one talked to either of us. The decision was just made. IDK.

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 05:21 PM</dd></dl><div>And I know this because you've never said a single word about Kody doing the same thing during the same tournaments.[/quote]I wasn't even there dude&#33; I left during FRR5 and came back when LoRE started. I missed the FRR5 finals, Ruination1 and Crazybots1. And for what its worth I said multiple times I didn't like anyone voting on their own matches, and I really don't like the tournaments where you and kody were the only writers (although idk if it was out of necessity or whatever since, again, I wasn't there).

Basically this is me. I come back during LoRE, get to the playoffs, and see people voting for their own crap, and I'm like, what the heck. Why is this happening. I didn't even really know you and Kody voted for your own stuff until I started looking through the other tournament threads.

Badnik96

whoa haha

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 pm

to be fair i think your trolling is what lead to them thinking you couldnt be trusted into deleting threads as a semi-joke and de-adminned you. if you stopped to think before doing things this entire mess could have been avoided.

tbf i wasn't informed of this before anything happened so i can't really say anything for the admin team but since it was a majority vote (says josh) then clearly something is wrong.
Team Ignition

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 05:21 PM</dd></dl><div>And man, if you think that me giving a slight vote in favor of Tali in that match where I gave accountable analysis on my thought process is on par with deleting a thread in a hissy fit moment, then maybe you aren't the best person to lecture people on ethics or the moral high ground so there's really no reason for me to discuss the rest of your points.[/quote]Lol, you mean where the other two people voted for Heph, and you gave a vote that was Just Enough for Tali to win. Okay. Accountable analysis on your thought process was that you didn't like my RP, which, of course you didn't because it was showing how conceptually Tali didn't make sense. But okay, now there's no reason to discuss the rest of my points lol. That's very adult.

Badnik96

whoa haha

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:24 pm

can we just put all of this past tournament stuff behind us and move on? i know i don't feel like going back and fixing things from a year or two ago just so one or two people can sleep at night
Team Ignition

Siphai

whoa haha

Post by Siphai » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 08:20 PM</dd></dl><div>to be fair i think your trolling is what lead to them thinking you couldnt be trusted into deleting threads as a semi-joke and de-adminned you. if you stopped to think before doing things this entire mess could have been avoided.

tbf i wasn't informed of this before anything happened so i can't really say anything for the admin team but since it was a majority vote (says josh) then clearly something is wrong.[/quote]Like I said dude, I'm not sure exactly what trolling it was. Was it me dissing other people's bots? Was it saying crazybots sucked? Was it saying kody and josh just want their wins to count? Two of those weren't even trolling (well, okay, bringing up the original CH or Spectrum is trolling but, thats in good fun, and if it wasn't, kody would have or could have just said something.)

Was it me/spatula saying how weird it is that kody's winning so much? It can't be. That wasn't a troll, that was a serious discussion. We all sat down and talked a little bit about our mindsets, and how we should form writing staff in the future. It was productive.

I'm just seriously at a loss to what I was doing, or what I did, because no one talked to me about it&#33; :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

Badnik96

whoa haha

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:50 pm

saying the only reason cbnbc was still going was to preserve kody and josh's records may possibly have something to do with that, and kody's pissed enough about it that he won't even enter this thread to talk about it. honestly i think having a nice clean discussion about this before doing anything would have been the best choice, so i think both sides are at least at part in the wrong here. im not trying to defend anyone, i just want everyone to calm down.
Team Ignition

prince palatine

whoa haha

Post by prince palatine » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:15 pm

All I'm going to say, even I want Crazy Bots to die. Poor timing and my poor management of it is not what this forum needs, but obviously being pestered to continue gets on my nerves. Just gonna wrap the tournament up then wash my hands clean of it.

succotash_54

whoa haha

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jul 29 2015, 08:50 PM</dd></dl><div>saying the only reason cbnbc was still going was to preserve kody and josh's records may possibly have something to do with that, and kody's pissed enough about it that he won't even enter this thread to talk about it. honestly i think having a nice clean discussion about this before doing anything would have been the best choice, so i think both sides are at least at part in the wrong here. im not trying to defend anyone, i just want everyone to calm down.[/quote]That. I only learned about this post de facto as well, but when my input was solicited and I was brought semi-up-to-speed, I got the impression that this went bad on both ends.

To be fair, steadily becoming increasingly annoying to your fellow staff is sufficient grounds for demotion in most forums where I've been a denizen. When the staff can't get along with each other, you've got problems. That said, it seems like Josh and Kody let this slow-boil for too long before doing anything, and now this.

The other thing I've gleaned from my debriefing is that we as a community, and as a combined staff, need to be more sympathetic to real life situations. We're all getting older. I remember the days when I was the only one who was legal to drink (besides ACAMS that is). Not true anymore. Next year, I'm constitutionally old enough to be President of the USA. We've all got situations in life that we didn't have when we first congregated on the Comedy Central boards. We age, but behind the monitors, we sorta forget the rest of the gang have been aging too and now have adult problems. We're an online community, let's start acting like community and start being good neighbo(u)rs to each other.

My input.