The Cherry Bomb Classic 3

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Cherry Bomb Classic 3

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 am

Well folks, who's up for a little bit of robit fightin', eh? After a second iteration that...well, the first rule of CBC2 is that you don't talk about CBC2... The Cherry Bomb Classic is back. Gimmicky sponsors? Check! We've got Volvo this time. Monsterworks' patented storylines? Yup! Wacky arenas? Fam, you know it! A bajillion different weight classes and side events? ....eh, we're trying to learn from past crash and burns and scale that back a bit, so you palookas get only the traditional four: Lightweight, Middleweight, Heavyweight, and Superheavyweight. Wanna sign up for them? Do it below.

The Tournament

Listen, I'm not about to give you some flowery anecdote about how big this event's gonna be. It's gonna HUGE. Lemme tell you: YUGE. Well, actually, not all that big: four weight classes, with a cap of twenty-one bots in each. Now, here's the hard part: You have to actually post here and reserve for each of the weight classes that you want to participate in individually, just like in ROBOT2. Also, just like there, you're not obligated to be in all four. What's a bit different is that you're going to 'hard' reserve three bots, and then the fourth will be a 'soft' reserve. In the event that a weight class fills up, the soft reserves will be bumped out in reverse order of how they signed up.

Each weight class will consist of three groups of seven bots each, which means that each bot will receive one bye week. The top three bots from each group will qualify for single-elimination playoffs, though the eighth and ninth seeds will will face off first to see who makes it in. Then everything will proceed normally. No, it's not that complicated.

Dates

Signups will close on the morning of Monday, January 28, 2019 to give us some time to do seedings and brackets, and then the tournament will begin on February 2. Due dates will be the standard Saturday 11:59 PM EST. If you need an extension for whatever reason, ask me a couple of days ahead of time, and I'm not about to be a dick about it.

Rules

Saying that you weren't sure about the rules is no excuse for messing up an RP/result/first date. It's all written right over here. It's basically just the REDDIT rule set with the Thunderground modifications. Give it a read if you ever find yourself in a waiting room or at a bus stop. If there's something you don't understand or need clarified (and by 'need clarified', I don't mean 'passive-aggressively' comment on something that you don't like in it), feel free to ask me in discord or on the forums.

Arenas

The weird and wonderful arenas are a big part of the Cherry Bomb Classic experience, and they're back again this year, just...a couple less than last time. This year, we'll have six of them for the regular season and one for the playoffs, as voted upon by you, the community, in this poll. The regular season arenas will be divided by weight class and each will appear twice, with three for the lightweights and middleweights, and three for the heavyweights and superheavyweights. The playoff arena will be used for all playoff rounds and weight classes.

In order of when they'll feature, the superior seven are:

Round One: Vertigo (all) - weeks 1 and 2
Round Two: The Asylum (LW/MW) & The Woodshed (HW/SHW) - weeks 3 and 4
Round Three: Gothiq (LW/MW) & Stormhavn (HW/SHW) - weeks 5 and 6
Round Four: Shooting Star (LW/MW) & Buzludzha (HW/SHW) - weeks 7 and 8
Round Five: The Asylum (LW/MW) & The Woodshed (HW/SHW) - weeks 9 and 10
Round Six: Gothiq (LW/MW) & Stormhavn (HW/SHW) - weeks 11 and 12
Round Seven: Shooting Star (LW/MW) & Buzludzha (HW/SHW) - weeks 13 and 14
Eighth Place Eliminators: Vertigo (all) - week 15
Quarterfinals: Vertigo (all) - week 16
Semifinals: Vertigo (all) - week 17
Championship: Vertigo (all) - week 18

With the size of the draw and the available writing staff, the tournament will alternate weeks between lighter weights and heavier weights, so RPing and writing will both be pretty low-burden affairs, with only two fights per week. Assuming that all goes as planned, CBC3 will finish up on May 18. For further information on the arenas, take a look over here. There are some formatting errors due to the forum move, but they'll be rectified before the tournament begins. I highly recommend familiarizing yourselves with the arenas. Using their features wisely has often proven to be the difference between victory and defeat.

Staff

Writers and the other people who volunteer are the engines that run these events. If you can participate, you can also pitch in to make this work for all of us. The more writers that there are, the faster that results get posted and the less that each writer has to do. Writing isn't just work, either. Joining the staff allows you input into decisions, ensures that your concerns will be heard, and helps you see how this is working. It'll also make me like you.

The staff we have so far are:

1) The Monsterworks
2) Hooray For Lexan
3) Shaba 117
4) Trihunter
5) Mole55
6) YSMQTHLQYH
7) NWOWWE
8) Rocket
9) Wolf51-50
10) V900
11) this could be you!
12) aren't you lucky!
13) this spot has your name on it!
14) Your name would look real nice here...
15) It's yours if you'd only ask.
16) last is not least!

Official Bracket and Entrant Guide

Lightweight: Challonge
  1. The Monsterworks: unknown
  2. Team 57: Tidal Wave (Drum spinner)
  3. Team Loading: Carnivore (4WD clamp)
  4. Team Design Flaw: Evil Destroyer (Turret HS)
  5. Team Ignition: unknown
  6. Square Go Robotics: unknown
  7. Team Stealth: The Thieving Magpie (RH flipper)
  8. Team Instant Regret: Terpsichora (2WD VS)
  9. Team TBR: unknown
  10. Alpha Robotics: Storm Worm (4WD flipper/lifter)
  11. Angry Goat Robotics: Cuddle Time (4WD clamp)
  12. Team Blood Gulch: unknown
  13. Code Red Robotics: unknown
  14. Aquatic Robotics: unknown
  15. Team Worst Swordsman: Hobart 2: Fear Naught (tracked VS)
  16. IceCubed Robotics: unknown
  17. North-West Sheds: Sleipnir (8WD brick)
  18. Team Foxtrot Uniform: Harrowdown Hill (2WD VS)
  19. (End of the Line LLC: Piranha Plant) (turret saw)
  20. Team Covenant: Eudial II
  21. (Team Mongoose: unknown)
  22. Waiting list (1) - (Cool Story Brobotics: Twin Typhoons) (melty cluster)
  23. Waiting list (2) - (Team Eagle Robotics)
  24. Waiting list (3) -

Middleweight: Challonge
  1. Team 57: Chronic Jobber (HS)
  2. Team Loading: Marksman (RH flipper)
  3. Team Design Flaw: Pressure Flop (turret hammer)
  4. Team Ignition: unknown
  5. Team Stealth: Harpy (4WD brick)
  6. Team Instant Regret: Manglerfish (2WD saw)
  7. Team TBR: unknown
  8. End of the Line LLC: Super Youkai Warhead (saw)
  9. Nighthawk Robotics: Jawsome (smotherer)
  10. Cool Story Brobotics: Jevil (vertical thwack)
  11. Alpha Robotics: Diablo Genesis III (2WD flipper/clamp)
  12. Angry Goat Robotics: Scion (vertical thwack)
  13. Team Blood Gulch: unknown
  14. Code Red Robotics: unknown
  15. Aquatic Robotics: unknown
  16. IceCubed Robotics: unknown
  17. Team Foxtrot Uniform: Neophyte Redglare (RH/FH lifter)
  18. The Monsterworks: unknown
  19. (Square Go Robotics: Vortex) (Screw drive lifter/drum)
  20. (Team Worst Swordsman: Dragonfist) (shell spinner)
  21. Team Eagle Robotics: unknown
  22. Waiting list (1) - (Team Mongoose: unknown)
  23. Waiting list (2) - (North-West Sheds: Athena) (4WD saw/VS)
  24. Waiting list (3) - (Team Covenant: unknown)

Heavyweight: Challonge
  1. The Monsterworks: unknown
  2. Team Loading: Perdito (RH flipper)
  3. Team Design Flaw: unknown
  4. Team Ignition: unknown
  5. Square Go Robotics: Hellfire (RH flipper)
  6. Team Stealth: Death Metal (HS)
  7. Team Instant Regret: Compound Fracture (4WD brick)
  8. End of the Line LLC: The Trashman (forklift)
  9. Nighthawk Robotics: Long Arm of the Law (clamp)
  10. Cool Story Brobotics: Petaflare (crusher)
  11. Alpha Robotics: Coup de Grâce IV (hammer)
  12. Angry Goat Robotics: Handgun Bobcat (10WD clamp)
  13. Code Red Robotics: unknown
  14. Team Worst Swordsman: Tabor Mark 3 (omnidirectional assault spatula turret lifter)
  15. IceCubed Robotics: unknown
  16. Team Obscure: unknown
  17. North-West Sheds: Spitfire (2WD clamp/flamer)
  18. (Team 57: Bass Drop II) (hammer)
  19. Evil Toaster: Bang! (2WD eggbeater)
  20. Team Covenant: unknown
  21. Team Eagle Robotics: unknown
  22. Waiting list (1) - (Team TBR: unknown)
  23. Waiting list (2) - (Team Blood Gulch: unknown)
  24. Waiting list (3) - (Aquatic Robotics: unknown)
  25. Waiting list (4) - (Team Foxtrot Uniform: No, Dude! You'll Get Crushed)

Superheavyweight: Challonge
  1. (The Monsterworks: unknown)
  2. (Team Loading: unknown)
  3. (Team 57: Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo) (tracked brick)
  4. (Team Design Flaw: Equisde) (Omnidrive lifter)
  5. Square Go Robotics: unknown
  6. (Team Stealth: Triple Six) (RH flipper)
  7. (Team Instant Regret: Starfish Prime) (HS)
  8. Team TBR: Steelvor (RH flipper)
  9. End of the Line LLC: HAN-D (hammer)
  10. Cool Story Brobotics: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II (undercutter)
  11. Team Blood Gulch: unknown
  12. Aquatic Robotics: unknown
  13. Team Worst Swordsman: KEGATRON (control drum)
  14. Team Obscure: unknown
  15. North-West Sheds: TAT (drum)
  16. Team Mongoose: Agent X (2WD lifter)
  17. Team Foxtrot Uniform: Space Cadet (RH flipper)
  18. (Alpha Robotics: Fenrir) (drum)
  19. (Angry Goat Robotics: Delorean Cowboy) (VS)
  20. Team Eagle Robotics: unknown
  21. (IceCubed Robotics: unknown)
  22. Waiting list (2) - (Team Covenant: unknown)
  23. Waiting list (3) -

Well, ladies and gents, That's about all there is to say. I mean, if you have more, you can check out our discussion thread Otherwise, get in there and kick some ass!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: The Cherry Bomb Classic 3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 am

First

Now for the actual sing up

LW: Evil Destroyer

Moar images/alt weapon bars
wow detail too much
Lifting piston thing all the way up, probably will never be this high in combat
*Flood light not included
Extended bar in overhead position (doesn't need to be mounted this way)
Undercuter 'bar'
Stats:
Speed: 1
Traction: 1
Torque: 1
Weapon: 21(15 spinner / 5 turret / 1 lifter?)
Armor: 7

It's a shuffler with a bar spinner mounted on a turret that also goes up and down, because why not.
All alt bars can be mounted on both mid cutter and overhead position.

MW: I Suck At Names

More Images
Stats:
Speed: 4
Traction: 3 (+1 because threads)
Weapon: 16 (15 Spinner / 1 Lifter)
Armor: 6

Secondary config:
Weapon: 16 (13 Spinner / 3 Lifter)

So this bot has big vertical bar spinner mounted on a lifting arm, allowing the spinner to be kept away from the floor or to use in on the the rear side of the robot, where it will also have a pressing wedge.
The side of the lifter without the wedges has metal pieces coming down that prevent the spinner from hitting the floor even if the lifter is dead.
And no, it can't get stuck on it's flat side as the entire weapon assembly is mounted above those, so it will roll and end up somewhat upside down, where the lifter can act as a srimech

HW: Something Something Cluster Bot

I bet my ass that if you saw the pictures of this on discord you didn't expect a cluster bot.
More images for more detail
Close up shot.
Rear backup lifter.
Close up on the brand new optional bar thing in case that the these bois get written as falling on their faces when trying to lift stuff.
And no, it doesn't stop the lifter from pressing.
Stats (x2):
Speed: 9
Traction: 8
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (2 for each)
Armor: 1

This is a 2-part clusterbot if you didn't figure it out already, both individual identical parts are called Something because i suck at giving names. Each of them is a mini Equisde-esque mecanum lifter/clamp combo, and because 3 points give you either 2 2-powered weapons or 3 2-powered weapons, they are equipped with a redundant rear lifter that may or may not be used.

SHW: Equisde
XD for short, just don't ask.
BTW this is the soft reserve

Alt extended lifter
Extra long lifter with ridiculous proportions
Extended lifter - Claw edition
Yup, it has 12 wheel omnidrive.
The side panels are hinged and it has a lifter that can press.

Stats:
Speed: 11
Traction: 12
Torque: 4
Weapon: 1
Armor: 2
Last edited by YSMQTHLQYH on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 am

The Monsterworks

Lightweight

Over the skies of Northwestern Europe a century ago, a technological revolution was taking place. After millennia of failed attempts, man had conquered the wild blue yonder, and tentative aircraft of wood, fabric, and steel wheeled and darted in a complex and deadly dance, each of their pilots seeking survival and victory over his foes. For those fortunate enough to escape alive, more missions would await. Those who excelled, however, had greater goals than mere survival. They were chasing glory, renown, and a chance to carve their name into the annals of history. Most of all, however, they were chasing one specific medal...

The Blue Max

Blue Max II by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

What is it? Well, it's a radial ICE-powered x-axis spinner. No, it's not going stall when you inevitably flip it. Just like the airplanes that it's based on, it has a dry sump, pump, etc. setup that allows it to run inverted. I was originally going to call it Blitz, hence the name in the render, but it reminded me of an old build, so I decided to make this my successor to it. In terms of how it fights, I guess you'll have to see, but good luck high-centering it. And flipping it on its side? A full throttle turn plus loads of weapon torque should fix that quickly. Yup, it's basically a roly-poly ball of doom.

Stats: 4 speed / 2 traction /1 torque / 16 weapon / 7 armour

Middleweight

Do you like turtles? I like turtles. I also like prehistoric animals. I also dieselpunk looking monstrosities and death hammers. Lets combine those four things, shall we?

Carbonemys

Carbonemys II by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

So yes, it's a goddamned death hammer. No, it's not a walking one, at least. Mostly, I just wanna have a bigass banhammer to toss around and be able to make turtle jokes. The wedges are shock-dampened and they act like hinged dealios. There is ample ground clearance so that thsi turtle may be slow, but it can go anywhere. Good luck high-centering it. The drivetrain is ICE-powered, with tank style steering and the fuel pump+dry sump+etc. setup that allows it to run even while inverted. Those exhaust pipes and lights are functional. The hammer obviously has some BIG BOY power and the bonus as well for a total of 16 damage delivered on impact, from an angle where most bots don't have a lot of armour. Range of motion is 22.5 degrees below the horizontal plane. Wile the treads are a bit vulnerable, it can still run (poorly) on the road wheels beneath if they're torn off. The 'shell' has a lot of dead space because aesthetics and hammer defense.

Stats: 4 speed / 1+1 traction / 1 torque / 15+1 weapon / 9 armour (+1 plow or +1 weapon)

Heavyweight

You know what I haven't tried before? An honest-to-goodness flipper. You know what colour scheme I haven't really used? Black, white, and gold. So why not combine the two?

Black Diamond

Black Diamond (Hightop Edition) by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

It's a classic-style rear-hinged Britflipper meant to be reminiscent of Bigger Brother in both stats and flipper design. Yup, that also means no bungee-cord flipper business. Can easily self-right. All or any of the white teeth are removable.

Stats: 8 speed / 6 traction / 2 torque / 5 weapon / 9 armour

Superheavyweight

Tell me, friend: do you like bad music? Are you a crustacean enthusiast? Do you, perchance, enjoy dancing? Have you ever watched this video before?

You may believe that this qualifies you as 'crabcore'. If you do, I'd like to take a moment to put the brakes on that. There is one more qualification that is a must: you need to have an appreciation for an obscure, objectively shitty pseudo-subgenre of heavy metal. Pass that doozy of a hurdle, and I officially anoint you worthy to live the crabcore life. Speaking for myself, I know that...

I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!

I Dance Crabcore, Motherf*cker! (claws closed) by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Yes, this is a bot: one where Industrial Dieselpunk meets Mad Max, meets a fleeting heavy metal trend. And yes, it hugs you and then slices you up into teeeeeeny little pieces. Above, is a view with the claws closed and the saw at its furthest downward extension. Below, the claws are open and the saw is 'up' in its resting position.

I Dance Crabcore, Motherf*cker! (claws open) by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

So basically, it's a clamp and saw kinda deal. I wanted to do a horizontal clamp because they aren't done as much and also just to be in keeping with the theme. With the placement of its wheels, it functions as a 2WD wedge. The Omniwheel H-drive allows it to circle strafe or, if it also turns in the direction that it's strafing, to legitimately side/diagonal strafe. Unlike mecanum drive, omniwheels in an H setup don't require any special inputs or algorithms, just a second channel for the one wheel perpendicular to the others. Basically, it can drive normally on normal wheels. For fights where more knockback resistance is needed, I can swap out the omnis as the two main drive wheels for a pair of regular ones with rubber tires and just not throttle the remaining omni in the middle.

The various teeth, bars, and spikes (including those on the wedge) can obviously be removed if needed. The 'rivets' are purely ornamental - nobody rivets a battlebot - as are the support bars/tubes coming up from the base of the claws. Those 'pods' are actually solidly attached to the chassis and are part of it. Obviously, I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! can self-right using its saw arm and it's designed to be basically impossible to high-center. That's about all. Stay crab, my friends.

Stats: 6 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 7 weapon (5 clamp/5 saw) / 10 armour (+1 claws)

Alt: 6/5/2/7(5/5)/10 (+1 top)

Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 am

Maybe?

LW: Tidal Wave 2
Shields off

Drum spinner, removable shields, you all know the deal by now

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Weapon: 14
Armour: 6

MW: Chronic Jobber
Bar

HS Disc with optional bar instead. Rear black part is just a solid piece there to protect the ass

Traction: 2
Weapon: 16
Armour: 7

HW: (soft) Bass Drop II

Fixed drum (that doesnt spin) on two hammer arms. Rear wedge is there to attempt to deflect shit upwards. Hammer can go from where it is pictured to 90 degrees below the robot. Front wedge is loose on the axle of the front two wheels, with a piece under it to prevent it from going under the bot. Guess it can kinda rotate when the wheels are moving but its nothing thats super consistent.

Weapon: 12
Armour: 8
(Fixed stats so they equal 30 - HPK @ 10:09pm March 3rd)

SHW: (soft) Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo

Not a 4-bar. Lifter with a hinged pointy rear wedge. Lightened the armour a bit to make it a bit more nimble

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Weapon: 3
Armour: 11
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

GuldenFlame

Post by GuldenFlame » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 am

No designs were stolen in the making of this post.

Hard: LW
Carnivore

Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armor: 12 (+2 Rear Wedges)

Think Predator. The front forks are all hinged and the rear wedges have extra armor.

Hard: MW
Marksman

Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 1 Weapon: 5 Armor: 11

Your standard 4WD bronclone. Nothing Special here.

Hard: HW
Perdito

Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 1 Weapon: 3 Armor: 13

A 2 WD box with a flipper on it. I may have made these first 3 robot with my IRL robotics team in mind. Even the name of this robot was stolen from my team.

Soft: SHW
Last edited by GuldenFlame on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:05 am

Team Ignition

LW: Shade Fist
2WD vertical drumbot with static wedgelets at the front a la Black Dog. Drum is reversible, and it can also flip itself using gyrodancing if need be. It's fully invertible, but it has no wedges when inverted. Drum motors are contained within the drum for ultimate compactness.
Against hammerbots/overhead weapons, Shade Fist has a set of H O O P S that it can attach. These are flexible and designed to absorb impact when struck.

Speed: 6
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5 (+1 to the drum)

MW: NKC
2wd dustpan saw with a lifting arm set inside, geared to raise when the arm lowers. can self-right and all that stuff

Weapon: 9
Armor: 9 (+2 to the plow)
Torque: 2

HW: Necroblade
4WD invertible undercutter with removable hinged wedge at the back. Disc is single-tooth.

Weapon: 13
Armor: 5
Traction: 5

SHW: Phantasmic Slammer
4WD 4-bar launcher. Front wedges are hinged and limited so they don't lift too far or beach the robot on themselves. Flipper arc is based on Ziggy's and should allow it to self-right when flipped.
"Fuck hammers" attachment for all those pesky overhead weapons.

Speed: 8
Weapon: 2
Armor: 11 (+2 to the front of the bot including the side wedges and the front of the flipper)
Traction: 7
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Post by Shaba117 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 am

Reserving for LW, MW, HW, & SHW, with SHW being my 'soft reserve'. Entries will be the same as for TU, but I just need to tweak the stats some.

LW: The Thieving Magpie
2WD rear-hinged pneumatic flipper-can OOTA opponents up to 5ft & easily self-right.

EDIT: Specifying area that receives weapon armor bonus

STATS: SPD-7 // TRA-6 // TOR-2 // WPN-5 // ARM-10

MW: Harpy
Nachtfalke's little Sister...4WD ramming 'brick'-can run inverted (though a bit less effective when running inverted with the plow). Both spikes/plow are hinged.

Stats: SPD-8 // TRA-8 // TOR-3 // WPN-0 // ARM-11 (+2 plow)

HW: Death Metal
Still as onerous as ever and seems to just randomly 'glitch' just to piss me off (with the occasional electric shock), I swear. But, once in the arena, Death Metal means business-you're gonna need those armor bonuses...and prayers to the Bot gods!

Stats: SPD-5 // TRA- 2 // TOR-1 // WPN-15 // ARM-7

SHW *soft reserve* Triple 6

Powerful 4WD pneumatic flipper that can easily self-right. Horns are purely for aesthetics and come off fairly easily. There are also spikes on the sides and the rear wheels extend out of the back to prevent stranding.

EDIT: Specifying area for weapon armor bonus

Stats: SPD-6 // TRA-5 // TOR-2 // WPN-7 // ARM-10
Last edited by Shaba117 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 am

LW -KIlljoy 3 - A 2WD robot with lifting forks and a saw. Each arm can rotate 360° to grab, saw and lift opponents. It can self right with these and the drive pods have small skirts at the front to ensure it can get under opponents. It is made entirely of titanium and uses brushless motors.

Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 (Saw: 6 / Lifter: 6) / Armour: 9
CAD

MW - Vortex 3 - Vortex continues with its' experimental 4-bar mounted drum spinner. The drum is now mounted on a longer arm allowing for a bigger punch from the 4 bar flipper. This is on a new screw propelled chassis to allow it move sideways as well as forwards, backwards and rotate left and right. The front wedge is 10mm Hardox and has a hinged skirt to allow it to get under opponents easier. It is invertable and can use the 4-bar drum spinner to self right.

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 7 (Lifter: 5 / Drum: 5) / Armour: 10 (+1 front wedge)
CAD

HW - Hellfire - Hellfire returns hoping for more success than it's featherweight cousin. Armoured entirely out of 10mm hardox, It has a 1m long, high pressure pneumatic flipper with an additional spatula tongue to help it flip dangerous spinners without getting too near. It is 2WD powered by 2 Ampflow motors. It also side skirts to avoid being outflanked then out-wedged and rear roll bars to stop it resting on it's back after a flip.

Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 6 / Armour: 11
CAD

SHW - Shellshock - After a reasonable run in ICEcrown, Shellshock comes back with enough improvements to be a SHW. The biggest improvement is a redesigned shell that now has two huge teeth or two flails. The flails give Shellshock a diameter of over 2m when spinning and allow it to deal serious damage from a distance. The spinner is still powered by the same wankel rotary engine and now has a larger Glacier-style self righting hoop to make self-righting easier. The chassis now has a conventional 4WD system for better traction after hits.

Speed: 3 / Weapon: 15 / Armour: 9 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1
CAD

Last edited by Noisy on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 am

Hard reserve in LW, MW, HW, soft reserve in SHW

Lightweight:
Terpsichora

Ko Config

Ken Config
Weapon: 11
Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge)

Nen Type: Specialist

Terpsichora is a Pulsar-style drisc spinner based on Neferpitou from Hunter x Hunter. There are two configurations. "Ko" configuration has a relatively thin, bolted-on wedge with sharpened forks that can get underneath the defenses of almost any opponent, and the deadly claw-like discs are at full speed. "Ken" configuration ditches the forks in favor of a thicker, shock-mounted wedge for fighting powerful spinners. To make weight the weapon battery has to be replaced with a smaller, lower-voltage one, which reduces the weapon's rpm, but those claw-like teeth can still grab and launch opponents, and hit hard enough to be dangerous.

Can self-right by the weapon hitting the arena floor.

Middleweight:
Manglerfish
Alternate Configs:
Four-pronged Plow
Two-pronged Plow
ABR Plow
Anti-VS Plow

Stats:
Chassis Armor: 7

Normal Configs - Four-pronged Plow and Two-pronged Plow:
Weapon: 10 (3-point saw arm)

Anti-Spinner Configs - Anti-VS Plow and ABR Plow:
Weapon: 8 (3-point saw arm)
Armor: 9 (+2 front plow)

I actually built a sawbot! Meet Manglerfish, which is actually based on multiple deep sea fish including a Stoplight Loosejaw. Has a selection of sturdy shock-mounted plows and a diamond-coated rescue saw blade. Two of the plow options, the ABR and Anti-VS Plows, are extra-beefy to stand up to spinners, but their heavier weight means some of the weapon batteries have to be removed, making the saw a bit less effective.

The saw arm has a range of motion of 180 degrees, from All the way behind the robot to extending slightly below the front forks. The saw actuator uses a harmonic gearbox with a friction clutch, so it can move freely in impacts but it won't flop around under its own weight. This allows the arm to easily be held at any angle. If it's being kept behind the robot, the springy "lures" on top help prevent wheelies. The fangs on the saw guard are soft plastic.

Note: the back of the chassis has a bevel to prevent high-centering. Also note that the ABR plow has thick "ears" on top extending an inch above the chassis to help stop high-mounted spinners.

Heavyweight:
Compound Fracture

Stats:
Weapon: 3 (lifter)
Armor: 11 (+1 front wedge assembly)

The familiar unpainted metal box, now with new attachments!

Has four configs. First, a lifting wedge with side outriggers which have angle limiters to keep it from faceplanting.
Second, a sloped plow for fighting horizontal spinners. The config is still invertible, but the weapon isn't. It still has outriggers,
but they're tucked under the wedge. The outriggers can move downward a bit, allowing the plow to be depressed around 30 degrees. Third, a scoop for dealing with certain verticals, those pesky flails, and anything that can skip off a wedge and hit opponents on top. There's no outriggers on this config but it's shorter than the other wedges. Fourth, a set of long forks to deal with opponents that have long tongue-ey wedges. Again, has angle-limited outriggers.

Range of motion is approximately +/- 90 degrees for the wedge and forks, +75/-30 degrees for the plow, and +/- 60 degrees for the scoop.

Superheavyweight:
Starfish Prime
Stats:
Traction: 3

Undercutter Config: Weapon 15, Armor 7
Flail Config: Weapon 14, Armor 8 (+1 weapon bar and flails)

Starfish Prime is a horizontal spinner with a special party trick: it can fight as either an undercutter or a flail!

How the config change works: First, the drive wheels. In the undercutter config the wheels stick out both the top and bottom, allowing Starfish Prime to run either way up. For the flail config they are replaced with smaller wheels mounted an inch higher. These ONLY stick out the "top," which really becomes the bottom: in the flail config the entire robot is upside-down.
The flail config is not invertable. It can also start inverted in undercutter mode. The power switch access holes are on the back of the robot to allow safe inverted powerup. Second, a pair of standoffs (shown here) are attached to the frame to allow the flail to clear the ground in front. In either config the tips of the weapon are about 4" off the ground in the front when the chassis is inverted. Third, the weapon drivetrain has two stages of chain reduction from the LEM-200 motor, with a friction clutch on the intermediate shaft. The first stage has a 2.5:1 ratio, the second stage is 1:1 in undercutter mode and 2:5:1 in flail mode. Accounting for aerodynamic drag, this gives the 42" long bars and the 10 ft diameter flail about the same tip speed of about 250-270 MPH.

Finally, the weapons themselves. The two undercutter bars - one straight and one curved - are 42" long, weigh about 90 lb, and store 80-90 kJ at 2,000 rpm. The flail assembly consists of a 5' long, 57 lb central bar and two 10 lb flail teeth at the end of 2' long Kevlar ropes, giving a total diameter of 10 feet (accounting for the height of the impactors). Each flail stores about 30 kJ at 750 rpm, with the central bar storing an additional 13 kJ. While the flail bar is longer and thinner, it's a slightly softer steel and is tempered to be springy, or worst-case bend slightly if it takes a direct hit, and the flails' ability to move reduces the stresses on it. The flail bar also has over an inch of vertical clearance from the chassis. The flails' central bar is long enough to keep them from getting caught on the chassis.

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 am

LW - The Beast From The West II

Weapon: 14 (Disc 13, Arm 1)

Beast's weapon has a spinning disc with is connected to the arm, the arm itself can also act as a self righting mechanism incase it's flipped over, but it can run inverted also (if the weapon is fully down). The maximum angle the arm can go up to is 180 degree's. It is a 4WD bot.

The bot also features some changeable wedge tips for the bottom part of the disc's arm

MW - Lethal Carriageway Mk3

Traction: 7
Armour: 12
Weapon: 1 (Lifting Forks)

LC3 is a revised version and upgraded version of LC2, the drum is removed and is instead reverted back into a ramming brick. However this version features lifting forks that would help control matches and also be used to clamp the opponent. the front wedge is a feeder wedge and helps get underneath opponents. This robot is 6WD and can run inverted.

HW - Pendulum II

Pendulum is an axe-bot and is 2WD. it has curved rims on the wheels to help prevent getting beached onto it's side when the wheels are moving. the robot can self right using the axe's power.

Weapon: 12

SHW - Dysprosinator

Armour: 12
Weapon: 2

Moved to SHW category, this robot is designed to handle/tank opponents that have a spinning weapon, the robot is 2WD with wheels for locomotion, render was made by V900

The top armament showing the wheels is covered in Polycarbonate, the rest is metal. The weapon is an electric powered lifter which features wedglets in front, the robot itself can also self right.
Last edited by British-Robotics on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:11 am, edited 9 times in total.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 am

LW - Piranha Plant

Speed: 3
Traction: 2
Armor: 13
Weapon: 9 (5 pipe-turret, 5 lifter, 5 saw+arm)

They could have chosen anything, anything. But they chose a fucking leaf.

Just like in every Mario game ever, you'll be hard pressed to defeat this thing with standard attacks. Every inch of it is covered in 13 armor, and the bottom half of the clamp has even more at 15. Though, the clamping arms leave some openings near the top of the bot. Maybe you could sneak some flames in there...

Oh yeah, here's also a slithering system I made in 5 minutes.
just kidding it has wheels now. tricked u. you got joked
DOUBLE TRICKED it has ultra HD MS paint quality mecanum wheels now. multi-track save file deletion

Pipe is a turret, outer "shell" isn't actually attached to the robot at all, effectively acting as a 360-degree hinged wedge.

MW - Super Youkai Warhead

Traction: 4 (+1 treads)

Super Scope 3D setup
Armor: 11
Weapon: 8 (6 saw+arm, 2 clamp)

Exteeeending Aaaaarm setup
Armor: 12 (+1 front)
Weapon: 7 (5 saw+arm, 2 clamp)

Did you know? Kappas are said to steal souls (or "shirikodama") by reaching into the victim's anus and painfully yanking it out of the orfice. That's essentially the main goal of this bot. Enjoy your impromptu prostate exam.

It also has big tubes on the top and bottom containing approximately a quart of cucumber juice each. Front wedges are hinged about 15 degrees downward and <5 degrees upward.

HW - THE TRASHMAN

Traction: 5 (+1 treads)
Armor: 11 (+2 plow)
Weapon: 2 (1 forklift, 1 clamp, 1 hungry hungry hippos extender, 1 flame)

Trash cans x2
Speed: 1
Armor: 1
Weapon: 0

AND THEN I START EATING GARBAGE

You know how most lifters are these low-to-the-ground, sleek little shits that look more akin to Roombas than combat robots? Forklifts don't really lend themselves well to being short. It's got a plow in the front to both act as a lifter and defend against spinners, and an obnoxious overhead device to keep robots in place or scoop them off the plow. The forklift can push said plow into the ground to act similar to a regular lifter.

The trash cans (constructed out of wood and soda can aluminum) can be used to high-center bricks and disorient spinners. Weight distribution is split 90/5/5%, that hole in the forklift's top arm spews fire.

There is an egg located inside the bot's front. Please do not disturb it.

SHW - HAN-D

SPEED: 4
TORQUE: 1
TRACTION: 2

SETUP ONE
ARMOR: 10 (+0 RAMPLATE)
WEAPON: 15 (14 HAMMER, 1 PISTON)

SETUP TWO
ARMOR: 11 (+1 RAMPLATE)
WEAPON: 14 (12 HAMMER, 2 PISTON)

SETUP THREE
ARMOR: 12 (+2 RAMPLATE)
WEAPON: 13 (10 HAMMER, 3 PISTON)

NO MANUAL GIVEN FOR HAN-D MODEL
ADDITIONAL VISUAL DOCUMENTATION
Last edited by V900 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 am, edited 10 times in total.

Nighthawk87

Post by Nighthawk87 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 am

Reserving for middleweight (Jawsome) and heavyweight (Long Arm of the Law).

MW: Jawsome

Speed:5 Traction:4 Torque:4 Weapon:5 Armor: 12

Pretty much a 2WD smotherbot that can be best described as the derpy bastard of Tentomushi and Peerless Zhuge who was raised by Snookums. Comes with both a prong and dustpan setup depending on the opponents it'll face.

HW: Long Arm of the Law

Speed:6 Traction:4 (+1) Torque:4 Weapon:4 Armor:12

A tank tread driven bot with a lifting arm. The arm can rotate 180 degrees whether it's being used for overturning someone or for self-righting. Has 2 hinged wedgelets on the front to aid it in getting underneath opponents.
Last edited by Nighthawk87 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 am

Cool Story Brobotics is in
Hard reserving MW through SHW, soft reserving LW

LW: Twin Typhoons

So you'd better give us all you've got&#33; If you die, welp, that's the end of that&#33;
We're not gonna hold anything back, but if you go and die on us, you're totally dead meat&#33;

Speed: 13 / Traction: 1 (4 whilst Meltying) / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 to thwack teeth)

A devilishly dancing duo! Twin melty spinners, that are entirely identical, aside from their colour schemes. The one on the left is named Mai, and the one on the right is named Satono. Angled wheels to help avoid scrub. The +1 refers to the outer part of the thwack heads of the bots, including the wheel guards and spikes. Basically as much of the arms as I'm allowed on the 1/3 rule.

MW: JEVIL

Speed: 9 /Traction: 8 /Torque: 1 /Weapon: 0 /Armour: 12

There is no strategy to defeat the enemy. Good luck!

Expected a spinner? Nah. Anyway, this thwack can have the Devilsknife mounted sideways to allow for better horizontal thwackin', as well as spinners on the wheels. No, not combat robot spinners, spinners like the ones you get on fancy wheels. The black parts spin independently of the wheels, though still pick up momentum from movement, causing some pretty neat looking hubs. We've also got rainbow wheels as an option, for memes or something. Also there's a Jevil soundboard in there somewhere. I dropped it in by accident and can't quite reach it under the motors. Sometimes it goes off at random, but that's fine, right?

HW: Petaflare

Standard config
Nuclear Heat Visor V3
Two-Headed Death Raven

Primary configs: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 (12 Crusher, 1 srimech) / Armour: 6 (Effective 10 on crusher & wedge) / 0-Point Spark Cannons: 66 (64 in non-standard configs)

NHV config: Weapon: 11 (10 Crusher, 1 Srimech) / Armour: 8 (+2 wedge) (Effective 10 on crusher, 14 on wedge)

WARNING. WARNING. WARNING.

Armour bonus is applied to the green part of the front wedge, as well as the blue parts of the Nuclear Heat Visor config.

The nuke birb is back, I guess. Sporting a brand new srimech (with an actual point investment!), even more spark cannons, the klaxon, limited-hinged dampened wings in the primary config, a new Razer-inspired NHV revision, and a new Two-Headed Death Flamingo inspired config, featuring enormous hinged wings to help control the opposition. Hopefully it does ok.

SHW: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II
Subterranean Rose (2-Toothed disc)
The Embers of Love (Bar)
Rorschach in Danmaku (6-Toothed Disc)

Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armour: 7

Hello, hello!
Can you hear me?

Hello, hello!
Hey, answer the phone...

Hello, hello!
Now, I'm...

RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

Spoopy aside, HYB's back. Sporting a trio of undercutting blades (with scrape pad to prevent imminent motor death on spinup), a Valkyrie-style chassis arrangement, and the ability to drive inverted.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 am

LW: Storm Worm

You are slowly losing control

Decided to go with a virus theme. It's a 4WD bumper shaped robot with a flipper in the middle with small lifter arms on either side, and two full body lifter arms on the sides of the body. Hoops are there for decoration and aren't really anything special. They're removable, and by removing them allows the robot to become weakly invertible, not that it needs to be anyway.

The third picture shows two different attachments. The large curved pieces on top are hammer blockers made from the same bendable plastic used on things like Gabriel and Huge. The middle piece is connected to the flipping arm (so it's gonna move with the flipper, not obstruct it). Despite being only 9 armor, the blockers will simply bend when hit, then return to true. It even protects the wheels.

The other attachments are the larger, plow-like wedgelets. Sure, the forks and entire front end have 12 armor. But the last thing I need is horizontal spinners ruining my day. It's connected to the short lifting forks, so technically not an alternate config. They're also too bulky to actually lift with, but can still press and are included in the armor bonus

Weapon: 5 (3/3/3)
Armor: 10 (+1 front, including the flipper and small lifter forks)

MW: Diablo Genesis III - Image

I was gonna enter something else, but then this got robbed in the QFs :V

2WD electric clamp with a lifter or flipper config. Since there has been confusion in the past, it's flipper config releases electricity in a large burst until a catch locks the flipper in the up position. It has to be manually closed by pressing a button on the controls. Doing so releases it with a smaller amount of electric power when closing, activating the clamp. Has a choice between a normal wedge or an ABR, both with optional forks (as shown in the second picture). Underneath the weapon is a Vovoka style dustpan to make things easier to grab

Armor: 10 (+3 wedge)
Weapon: 3
Torque: 4

HW: Coup de Grâce IV

Less writer salt means better results... right?

Coup de Grâce is back. Fully upgraded this time with the following: a beefier wedge, optional wedgelets, visible side skirts, a bit more ground clearance, and most importantly: 2WD. Not a walker this time, but still dangerous with it's weapon that needs no introduction. Can self right with the hammer but here's another thing that's been added: instead of throwing all it's weight around each time it rights itself, I can have the gear changed from full power to half kinda like how a speed controller works. This works similar to the valve on HFL's Aphelion that would reduce the flipper power to half. So it'll self right neater than last time without the risk of damaging itself. Lexan panels protect the exposed mechanics of the hammer.

Armor: 8 (+2 front including the spheres on the sides

SHW: Fenrir

This is a soft reserve as I don't want to take all spots. But if one's open, we'll throw this thing in again.

2WD Minotaur thing with thin forks and wheels doubled up in a similar fashion to Crushtacean and Big Nipper. The forks are removable. The eyes glow red when the drum is at full speed

Weapon: 15
Armor: 6
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 am

Team Eagle Robotics signs up for their first (or technically second) official ARC tourney.

LW: Stab Runner
Competing in Orc's Wars Overclocked, Stab Runner will also compete here now. It is a fast 2WD wedgebot with a pneumatic stabbing spike. It used the most powerful stabbing motor for a very strong stabbing power, which is so strong that it actually push the whole bot forward every time it used it's weapon. It is also invertible, and basically has no ground clearance. It's wedge is titanium, however.

Weapon: 8
Armor: 11 (+1 wedge)

(Soft reserving)

MW: Axe n' Kill
Competing in Middleweight Mixup 2, this bot will also compete in here now. It is an axebot with 4WD drive and angled wedges that primarily function as a spinner killer. It also jumps a bit when attacking, but not much. However, it can't self right well due to the axe's position when retracted. Though it can technically drive inverted if one of the wheels touched the ground when inverted.

Weapon: 11
Armor: 8 (+2 wedge)

(Hard reserving)

HW: Terminating Cutter Gen III
Terminating Cutter Gen III is one of the newest HW by Team Eagle Robotics. Originally an upgrade to the team's Orc's Wars Overclocked entry for the Wildcard Warrior event, Terminating Cutter II, it underwent an upgrade to improve it's performance and aesthetics after it's lucky victory there against the veteran, front hinge flipper and first Orc's Wars World Champion, Bocuma III.

Anyway, back to the bot. It features a unique chassis design, made wholly out of aluminium, and a large and thick bar, powered by a strong motor. The bot also has large solid wheels. In addition, the bot also features another configuration, the VS one, which is basically the HS config but with the bar, supports, and motor flipped sideways, as well as additional supports to prevent the bar from hitting the ground.

Weapon: 14 (both configs)
Armor: 7 (+4 weapon bonus)

(Hard reserving)

SHW: OverCleaver
Originally named OverGasher, this bot's name is changed after British users on GTM pointed out the slang. OverCleaver is basically a SHW version of OverChopper. It featured a long, thick, and heavy overhead bar, powered by a powerful Dual Perm motor, that delivered heavy hits to opponents. It is also 4WD, with NPC drive. The wedge, meanwhile, is made out of steel, with two hinged wedgelets.

Armor: 10 (+1 wedge)

(Hard reserving)
Last edited by Billy5545 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 am, edited 6 times in total.