Front Towards Enemy vs TLV

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Front Towards Enemy vs TLV

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:59 pm

FTE

Speed: 3
Torque: 2
Traction: 1
Weapon: 16
Armor: 8

TLV

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5 (3 forks, 3 front wheel lifter, 3 clamp)
Armor: 10 (+1 front wedge with forks)

Lol 1 traction.

We're gonna rush to star this fight out. Aim for that weapon so that I can hit him and send him flying. I might be able to reach him before he fully spins up and he's basically a sitting duck until he's mostly spun up. If I'm able to stop his weapon, immediately start lifting with the forks and drive him around. Get him towards a wall and pin. Try lifting him onto his side with the wheel lifters.

If he's fully spun up, try to hit the weapon if possible. Don't be afraid to back up a bit if he tries to turn. He only has 3 speed and 1 traction, so I should be able to make that happen with some flanking. Just gotta time it. If he goes flying, chase after him and try to keep him spun down. Is he showing me his wheels so that he can get spun up? Ram into him and lift. Is his disc spin down and I'm under the disc? Lift with the forks. I can probably skewer his disc with my forks and carry him around that way

Avoid any corner shots to the wedge if possible. He's gonna do some sick dance moves to slam the disc sideways, don't play that game. Try to outflank him and have him hit the smooth part of the wedge.

GL!!

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Front Towards Enemy vs TLV

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:29 pm

Disc config please, spinning CCW.

Spin up immediately and use my strafing ability to get out of my square without waiting for the disc to get to a decent speed, start driving more "normally" once it gets going. Go the opposite direction of the wall drum, and juke my way towards the middle of the box somehow. Once spun up, point my front at the enemy / move in at an angle, and keep swerving from side to side to make my approach less predictable. TLV's front forks should be easy to bend or tear off, hopefully giving me some edges to catch on its plow. Its corners also aren't swept back at all and if I get a solid hit on them it could seriously mangle the plow or tear the whole thing off. Try to make that happen by throwing in last-second strafes to either side.

Avoid engaging in a direction where I'd knock myself close to the wall drum, swinging my chassis around and using it as bait if necessary. If my disc is stopped, use my strafe function to maneuver while the weapon's at low speed. I don't think TLV's lifters will come into play that much, but if does lift me and I can spin freely, spin up to like half speed and hope I either hit him or hit the floor and pinball away when he releases.