Don't Change Color, Kitty vs Diablo Victus

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Don't Change Color, Kitty vs Diablo Victus

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:31 pm

10,000 year earworm: Speed: 6 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 8 / Armor: 9 (+1 shield & weapon)
diablo: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 5 / Weapon: 3 / Armor: 11 (+2 front)

hehehehe I have better control >:3 . his bot is also much longer than mine, which means he's gonna have some awkwardness with turning as a 2WD bot. Earworm *is* invertible, although it's probably not gonna be the best at self righting if the weapon isn't going. so make sure the weapon's going if he's under me. be willing to run away if it isn't.

he's really committed to the clamping bit with his bot, with that 5 torque. he'll have to slow down my weapon before he can really use any of it though. I think it's notable to mention that his flipper closes rather slowly compared to most because of the clamping aspect. this makes him very vulnerable to me for a short period of time after a failed flip - or if he has to self-right.

the plan here is to rush to center arena at the start, and then engage with him. I want to do one of the following:
-go head on straight into him and hope my itty bitty forks beat his itty bitty forks
-do a last minute angle while going head-on and see how that works out
-do a last minute angle away and see if I can bait him in to firing early

if he gets under and flips me, run to hide around hazards and use my superior turning control to yakkity sax run away in circles around the killsaws until my weapon's back up to speed

if I get under, try to chain hits with the spinner into an OOTA, or bap him in to wall drums. try to always leave him upside down when I have to disengage: this will help me start the next engagement at advantage.

Wolf51-50

Re: Don't Change Color, Kitty vs Diablo Victus

Post by Wolf51-50 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:43 pm

Kingshark Wedge!

She has those massive shields on the sides as well as those pointy forks (owie) in front. Seeing the length of her weapon compared to her forks, are those gonna really get under me? Or is the weapon gonna hit me first? Methinks the second one. I also have some nice forks underneath my dustpan a bit longer than hers, and I'm going to use them!

Open the clamp up and rush, but stop short and see if I can get underneath with my longer forks. Watch for any angling in, although it'll be tough to do with the forks being at the center. If anything I'll probably hit shield before I hit wedge. Try to keep things square if I get under, then close the clamp. The idea is to use the gapped bars of my clamp to jam the blade and use her own blade's momentum to push her bot even further into my dustpan! Heck her weapon might even hit the bars of the clamp before we can even get under one another. Once I've got her in there I can drive her around (5 torque let's goooo). Take her to the wall drums for some sweet body damage. If she's too deep in the pan, opt for a hammer. If she's starting to escape, just head towards a wall and pin. Continue using this tactic in order to neutralize the blade quickly and send the colorful kitty on a journey

If she's getting used to said tactic or it's not working, resort to flips. She might have a smaller turning circle but she also has to get those forks in the middle of her wedge into play. And I'll probably hit her weapon before I hit the forks, which can aid in slowing the weapon with my wedge. Like I said, those forks are in the middle, the rest is all open for business. Lots of clearance. Adjust to get the right kind of angle to either get under the forks, or to get under a shield, which will make for an easy flip. When I flip her, immediately drive under her after. She can self right, but if it's right into the pan, who's to say that she'll be able to drive out in time or won't self right at a funny angle. Once again try to use my own bars on the clamp to push her further into the pan. Try to flip into hazards.

If she gets under me and I pop up, drive backwards to stay upright. But don't be afraid to self right if needed. I am invertible, so I can take my time self righting. If possible, run away, then self right while keeping the jaw open in the hope that she runs into the jaw while chasing me. I have the same amount of speed as her, so as long as I keep driving I might be ok. If twists and turns are needed, make hard turns to increase the hopes that I get bumped by a shield instead of taking a weapon hit on the butt.

Self right if needed, avoid the damn hazards

GL!!