RFN Mini - THE GREATEST PLAN! V. Break Dash

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

RFN Mini - THE GREATEST PLAN! V. Break Dash

Post by winternimbus » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:06 pm

THE GREATEST PLAN! - 6/5/1/9/9

BREAK DASH - 7/7/4/2/10 (+2 ABR plow)

going w/ break dash's ABR plow here

TGP is surprisingly fast for a spinner and has decent enough control, but their weapon is fairly weak. their weapon being weedy may work in my favor because it doesn't seem to do much damage to my body, but turtleback's likely going to make a bee-line straight for my wheels in an attempt to slowly but surely chip away at it.

fortunately, i've got decent control and i'm going to have to prevent them from flanking me by ensuring that their spinner's always going to be eating my ABR plow, more or less. turtleback *may* start the fight facing ass-ahead in order to buy some time to spin up and try to juke me here in an attempt to get me to hit their hinged forks (or wedge if they go that config) instead of the spinner. so i'm going to have to keep that in mind.

i'm gonna have to use my drivetrain and acceleration to my advantage here, and box rush them--making sure that they're right into my plow to get their weapon stopped and pinned against the wall. i'm going to have to spend alot of time being aggressive and reigning control of the match, trying to keep them pinned against the arena's walls, especially against the big time hammers.

however, TGP doesn't seem invertible which means that i can flip them over with my lifting plow and try to get them to be counted instead. if that's not the case, i could get them flipped and stranded on their sides because their spinner also seems to be more or less at the same length of the mounting bracket of their forks--which means i can also secure the bag and get them counted out by that means.

that being said, i'm going to have to stay more towards the arena--avoid hazards unless i'm trying to ram them into the hammer corners or the drum, watch for monkey business on their part, y'know the deal by now

gl turtleback!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Re: RFN Mini - THE GREATEST PLAN! V. Break Dash

Post by TurtleBack! » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:01 pm

Break Dash: 7/7/4/2/10

Hey look. Break Dash.

Anyways, the strategy is pretty simple actually. My weapon is fairly weak. I can’t just use it to cause damage against a 10 defense bot.

So how am I gonna defeat him by a KO?

Thats the neat thing! I don’t! Image

My strategy is actually going to be not to use my weapon for damage exactly. I won’t try to rip parts off (although it would be cool if I could). I will actually try to gain damage points. I will also stay aggressive and try to use my forks to control the pase of the match. I’m hoping the fact she doesn’t have a spinner wont ko my bot. If I get inverted. Try to self right using funni weapon.

Best of luck!