EGT Round 2: Der Adder vs Flare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

EGT Round 2: Der Adder vs Flare

Post by Botomatic1000 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Der Adder: Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 11 Armour: 7 (+2 Drum)
Flare: Speed: 9 Traction: 7 Torque: 5 Weapon: 0 Armour: 9 (+2 to the wedge)
House Robot: Circle of Pain, 7 speed/7 Traction/1 torque/20 weapon (10 each bar)/15 armour
Short Wedgelets on for this fight

Spin up as soon as the match starts as always obviously, having a fast spin up time as a Drum I have a pretty fast spin up time so I can afford to go straight for him, as I have the Wedge advantage in this. Even if he has 11 armour up front, wedges are sharpened thin at the end and it won't take long at all to dull it down with a hit or two from the drum, maybe even buckle the lip up a bit, making the Wedge useless so I can just keep hitting him and pinging him away with the drum. If he tries to flank me then I will immediately turn to face him, his high traction to speed difference mean it will be almost impossible for him to do a successful flank, possibly even showing his sides to me as he skids. If he does then I will go straight for them, pinging him about for a few hits, hopefully into a wall or the House robot where I will leave him there, staying just out of reach of the CPZ waiting till he comes out so I can ping him back in. If he does get a successful flank on me, he probably won't get under me anyway as he'll be turning the side of his Wedge into my skirts, meaning it will ride up and not get under me so I can just turn to give him a good smack to the side. Stay well away from the pit throughout the match. Always keep my drum and wedgelets facing him all throughout the match. Once I get a hit then I keep juggling him into the wall or a house robot, constant control and constant aggression.

Best of luck Sagaris!

Sagaris

Re: EGT Round 2: Der Adder vs Flare

Post by Sagaris » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Ram for him as soon as I can to make sure the drum doesn't get up to it's full speed. Then, like the battle against Tri's robot, aim to hit the sides and sides only. I have the speed and traction advantage so hopefully I can get some pushes on the side. To do the damage, I'm going to just try and slam Der Adder into the side walls as much as I can, even in hopes of a small chance it gets flipped over so the drum isn't as effective. I will try and push him into the house robots if near the corners to get damage on him that way too. If I'm struggling to keep him on my wedge long enough, go for the pit release. Then hang near the pit but no too close so one hit of a drum I topple in. If I'm really damaged, hide in the corner behind the pit in hopes of baiting him in close enough and use that torque for a shove.