Scion vs Psychosis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Scion vs Psychosis

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Psychosis: 6 Speed / 5 Traction / 1 Torque / 14 Weapon (12 spinner / 2 lifter) / 4 Armor
Scion: Speed: 9 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 0 / Armor: 10 (+3 to the middle of the wedge (does not include side shields, does include top of middle). wedge teeth OFF

100% he's gonna try and slam the spinner down on my chassis. the verticality of my wedge will make this extremely hard if he is on my wedge though - the angles mean he'll always hit the tall part first. In general all of his good options in this fight involve trying to get around my fuck you wedge, despite having a speed disadvantage, no real way to reach over the wedge, and a worse wedge than mine unless he presses.

He can theoretically beat me if he presses since I have the wedge teeth off, but I win regardless. if he gets under me, just...keep driving. he has no wedge length and I significantly out-drivetrain him so I can just push back lol. and if he tries to lift me he'll just rotate the chassis but leave the wheels on the ground as I slip off. in general the plan is to shove him into the central IED since he has 4 armor, but slamming him into pretty much anything seems like a fun idea.

if going head-on vs the plow mode doesn't work for some reason, I have 9 speed. angle in. I can also mix in angling attempts anyway, since getting under him is better for my ability to control the match flow.

if he ever goes into spinner mode, I could just come straight at him and tank it. if I do, watch for him to try and use the gyro forces to swing himself at some weird angle, and turn/frantically reverse to counter.

but why do that? Keep in mind that spinners have significant spin down time (and probably 2 or 3 seconds of spinup time, and his lifter is slow, etc.) - which means that once he starts spinning, he has a probably 15-40 second cooldown period before he can use it as a wedge again - he can try and stop it earlier, but he'll have to slam himself into the ground to do so, which is dumb - so I can also circle him in the opposite direction of the rotation of his spinner to force an opening, or force him to stop spinning, and then get under basically for free. Make it so that spinning is a trap for him if I can. if the whole going around him thing doesn't work tho, I can just tank it, as I mentioned, so do that instead.

when we get to 1 minute, angle in, shove him towards the walls, and get that free OOTA because lol 2.5 foot gaps for middleweight. aim to slam my own corner into a mini-IED when I do this so I don't go out too lol

TL:DR: force him to go spinner mode by completely invalidating his wedge mode, then completely invalidate his spinner mode by outflanking him. then shove him into hazards.

GL

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Scion vs Psychosis

Post by attackfrog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Dammit Gabe, you never told me if you were using the wedge spikes on this thing. I'll assume so.

So Scion has a tanky plow, it's faster, and it's got the torque to push poor Psychosis around easily. Meanwhile, Psychosis has... a crazy paint job? Uhh... Anyways...

Psychosis isn't too easy to get under, in theory, for a hinged wedge like Scion. But there are gaps in its defense that those forks could exploit, and there's also the thwack, which can reach over Psychosis's plow. I'm going to have to take a gamble here.

I'll start with my weapon raised, and spin it up at the start of the match. I'll head in, around the hazard in the middle, aiming to take Scion head on. It'll out-wedge me and likely start pushing me towards some hazards. I'll drive as far up that plow as I can and bring down the weapon arm as I do so. This should let Psychosis's spinner reach over the top of Scion's plow and hit its low-armored chassis behind it. Such a blow could be crippling, given how narrow the chassis is. If Gabe realizes what's going on and tries to back away, Scion is screwed then too: backing away will bring its thwack into contact with my spinner instead, and the thwack has the same armor as the chassis. If I'm lucky, I may even be able to cut it off and thereby render Scion immobile (though probably not with the first hit.)

The main thing I need to avoid is for Scion to get to Psychosis's side, but Psychosis is fast enough that that shouldn't be easy. I just need to keep the weapon spinning and raised up, and keep going for head-to-head clashes where I can reach behind the plow. It shouldn't matter how fast Scion pushes me around if I get in a hit every time it tries. The hit's likely to knock us apart, and hopefully I can spin up again fast enough to repeat the interaction.

Good luck, again!

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Scion vs Psychosis

Post by attackfrog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:17 pm

The_Angry_Goat wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:36 pm ... wedge teeth OFF
ugh