CBC3 MW Week 1: Jawsome vs ISAN

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC3 MW Week 1: Jawsome vs ISAN

Post by Nighthawk87 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Jawsome (Prong Chassis)
Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 4 Weapon: 5 Armor: 12

I Suck At Names (Primary Configuration)
Speed: 4 Traction: 3 (+1 Tread Bonus) Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 (15 Spinner, 1 Lifter) Armor: 6

Using our slight speed advantage we'll boxrush the lifter/spinner and (hopefully) catch it before it can reach full speed, keeping the shark dome pointing at him to minimize damage received. Once he's in our clutches we'll shunt him towards one of the micro-IEDs at the edge of the arena. They may not be able to do much to most competitors, but they should be capable of doing something to ISAN's treads given how low his armor is. We'll keep this up until a tread slips off and then take advantage of his reduced mobility to try and get the others off one by one. Should it go down to the wire we'll make a last-ditch effort to get ISAN towards the central ejector in an effort to rattle something loose internally with the return impacts. Not sure how well Jawsome can brave the floor spinners, but it'll pretty much be make or break at that point.

That's pretty much all I got as far as a strategy goes. Best of luck to you YSMQTHLQYH!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 MW Week 1: Jawsome vs ISAN

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:29 pm

>He is slightly faster, not much
>I have better control over my bot
>I don't see my entire bot fitting under that shark shell thing

Start with the rear side, the weapon spinning upwards from the wedged side.
Wait for a few seconds before moving out of the starting square to make sure i can get the bar to 100% before contact. Press the wedge, aim to get under the tip of the middle prong to hit it from bellow, if i get under and don't land the hit immediately move up my weapon to get a better angle, the idea is to bend upward the narrow tip of the prong, messing up his wedge game. If i fail to get under it's OK i can still hit the bottom of that shell-thing, probably getting corner damage, and it will mess up it's shape.
After a hit happens he will (hopefully) get thrown away, try to eyeball if i can somehow get my bar to full power before the next encounter, if so repeat the same strategy. If i think i can't, transition to phase 2.

In phase 2 first i will get away and turn around to face him with the other side (the one without the wedge) and move my weapon to a high position where his shark can't quite reach it. From this side it will be spinning downward and that's OK, it will probably give me a better angle from the top (if i see any problem caused by downward spinning, make it upward spinning). Now i can safely spin up even if he is controlling me and then hit the top of his smothering device.
If this doesn't work i can fall back on phase 1.
If his weapon breaks/falls off/whatever also go back and stick to phase 1.

In any case stay aggressive, try to drive him to the middle where the hazards and stuff are and avoid doing stupid errors.
And most importantly, GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53