ICEcrown week 5: Detroit Iron vs Hovercrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ICEcrown week 5: Detroit Iron vs Hovercrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Detroit Iron:
Speed: 8 | Traction: 6 | Torque: 4 | Weapon: 1 | Armor: 11 (+1 plow)

Hovercrap:
Speed: 4 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 17 (16 spinner x2) | Armor: 7
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: ICEcrown week 5: Detroit Iron vs Hovercrap

Post by Madman » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Detroit Iron: 8 speed / 6+1 traction / 4 torque / 1 weapon / 11 armour (+1 plow)

Hovercrap: 4 speed / 1 traction / 1 torque / 17 weapon (16/16) / 7 armour

-----

With 8 speed and 4 torque, I probably have the drivetrain to box rush despite the central hump. If nothing else, it shows aggression. 4 torque also means that I push as fast as he drives, and an effective 8/7 control ratio slaughters his 4/1. Once I have him on my wedge, he's gonna have a tough time getting away. I'm going to be pushing up the rubber skirt beneath him as well, which breaks the containment on the air cushion beneath him, messing with his ability to drive even more.

I have 12 armour on my plow. He does 16 damage. I don't want to let him get many free shots, but I can tank enough to do the job. He pinballs really hard after every hit, so just stay facing him, chase him down, and slam into him plow first. He also literally needs to slow down one of his weapons to help him turn. In particular, he has to slow the lower blade (which is more likely to contact my wedge first) to turn left. Force him to turn left a bunch in those rare instances when he's under control.

-----

Maybe not surprising, at this point: I wanna rush him, slam him, and smother him, feeding him into the hazards. I'm a brick. He's a spinner. Be relentless and try not to let him get up to speed. Use that left turning trick if I slip up and let him really get going.

Obviously, don't drive myself over the hazards like a somnambulant lemming. Be aware of my tracks' vulnerability as well. I'm sure my adversary will be. He shouldn't be able to ramp me cleanly, not without his lower blade hitting the ground at the back because of the angle. If he does get up far enough that it looks like it's going to happen, accelerate right through and under him to a safe distance. Hovercraft don't settle right away after something like that. To counter it and protect my tracks, just raise my wedge a TINY bit off the ground so I don't get cleanly under him and push him into the hazards as usual. He's gonna struggle mightily to push back. He's a hovercraft, fam.

-----

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ICEcrown week 5: Detroit Iron vs Hovercrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:13 pm

God dam match making algorithm.
Lets see, IF i get to full speed i deal 4 damage to his front plow and 6 everywhere else. Also his tracks cover the entirety of his bots sides and because they are tracks they take extra extra damage, so hitting his sides with at least 12 power will break half his drive.
So to win this fight all i need to do is manage to spin up and then hit that wedge until Laz starts shitting bricks, or get a lucky hit on his body. But the tricky part is spinning up, and here is how i plan doing it:

>Basically run away from it, not only because that will give me extra time before he reaches me, it also makes him attack me from the back giving me a better chance of riding up that wedge and getting on top off him, where i can get off in other directions where there is no wedge, and riding up wont make me hit the floor because of my gyroscopic stability. Facing away increases the chances of me riding up because my propellers are mounted above Hovercraps CoM, tilting the bot forwards, raising the rear end.

>He wont be able to push me because i will instead bounce off into oblivion. And hitting his wedge wont stop completely my rings (specially because i have 2), and even if i cant control my bot when its bouncing erratically, the rings are still spinning up. And there is no way that laz is a driving god capable of keeping up with the unpredictable mess that is Hovercrap bouncing around the arena.

Also there is a risky move that i would like to try if the opportunity presents:
If at some point we are far apart and my weapons are at full speed start approaching DI while staying close to a wall, if i see that stuff lines up proceed with this and this is the part where the juicy 400 word IQ strat kicks in: DRIVE TOWARDS THE WALL AND BOUNCE OFF IT TO HIT HIS THREADS BEFORE HE CAN REACT. Again i only need like 12 power to fuck up his drive so this would do enough damage. tbh he probably predicted this in his RP.

Watch out for shenanigans like raising his plow, stay far from the corners and dont drive like an idiot.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53