ICECrown Week 5: Labrys vs. Screamroller

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ICECrown Week 5: Labrys vs. Screamroller

Post by Rocket » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Labrys (4WD axe/spinner) (1-3)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 (13 spinner / 3 clutch / 11 axe) | Armour: 7 | Static Wedge (Hinged Wedgelets Off)

Screamroller (2WD drum flail) (3-1)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 15 | Armour: 6 | No wedge

Screamroller is more controlled and more pointable, and its weapon placement is much better than Labrys's. I should've just made a bloody axebot. Oh well. The drum is also more powerful than my spinner, so I'm going to have to get creative.

The drum has weapon armour, but the delicious orange supports do not; they're just holding the weapon up. The plan is therefore to spin up and hang back a bit, about halfway between the starting square and the central hump, waiting to gauge his angle of attack. Once he comes towards me, what I want to try is almost an angle-out. Wait until he's committed to the charge and then reverse, turning as I do so in order to get Screamroller's weapon supports exposed, then bring the axe down on them. With the +1 damage bonus from axes, that's a whopping six damage on the thing holding his drum off the ground - and that could break the part entirely, meaning that his drum could come right off! At the very least, the buckling of the support should throw the drum out of alignment. If it doesn't work out, back away if I can and try again. If it does work out, I've got two options.

If the drum's completely fallen off, it's game over. Just plough into him and roll him over, as there's no way on God's green Earth he's invertible. If the drum's out of alignment but still functioning, back off and try again from a different angle. Keep spun up and use the slightly slippy drive to my advantage, oversteering out of the path of his attacks and getting hits to his side.

Hopefully I won't drive like a mentally deficient walrus, because that would be bad.

Good luck, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ICECrown Week 5: Labrys vs. Screamroller

Post by attackfrog » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:14 am

I'm currently writing this on my phone from my Grandma's basement, thanks Alex. Anyways, the RP. Labrys has lots of juicy open surfaces for some well aimed flails to bite into. Even if the angle of impact is going to be pretty shallow, it's 15 weapon on 7 armor. Labrys also has low traction, so it's going to have trouble aiming itself at Screamroller, and if it has any gyro effect while turning it's wheels will all rise of the ground, stranding it briefly. Though I'll be fighting the gyro effect a bit too, I'll try to take advantage of my better traction to get a good angle on my opponent. If I get to its side, I should be able to shred its armor with impunity, and if I can't and we go head to head instead, its drum or hammer will be hitting the most heavily armored part of my robot: my drum. So the plan is to get at Labrys, hopefully from a good angle, and flail it to death.
I would also just like to point out of it hasn't been pointed out already that if the axe is clutch powered then it needs the drum to be spinning to fire: the clutch would transfer energy from the drum to the axe.

Anyways, good luck Rocket!