ICEcrown Week 4: Death's Head Sarsaparilla vs. Shellshock

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

ICEcrown Week 4: Death's Head Sarsaparilla vs. Shellshock

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Tale of the Tape

Death's Head Sarsaparilla: 2 speed / 1 traction / 1 torque / 17 weapon / 8 armour (+1 teeth)

vs.

Shellshock: 3 speed / 1 traction / 1 torque / 15 weapon / 10 armour

Analysis

1) These are two lumbering shell spinners that can dish out heavy damage. In this kind of fight, the most telling thing is, unfortunately, stats. When we meet tooth to tooth, he deals 15 damage against my 11 armour (weapon armour and applied bonuses). I deal 17 against his 12 armour. Advantage DHS. In terms of shock damage, he'll deal 8/2 (because my bonus weakens my chassis under the shell), for four damage. I'll deal 7/2 = 3.5, which gets rounded up. :P Basically, it's a wash there.

2) He has two levels of teeth but, eyeballing it, they don't seem to outreach mine, and they're not at the right heights to bypass mine either, which split the difference between them.

3) In a fight like this where we both have 360 degree weapons and neither will be able to rush and crowd the other, his marginal speed advantage isn't a big deal. I am the snail. You are the tortoise. Congratulations.

Strategy

1) Spin up immediately and charge out to just on my side of the central hump. Force him to go around it. If nothing else, it'll force him to focus on his driving instead of paying attention to his arena position.

2) Try to hit at angles that will send him into the corners and myself into open space. Try to force him to take the hazard damage. If not, then try to send him into the hump. It'll destabilize him and could cause him to coin over. At the very least, it looks good on my part. If he goes over, obviously do my trundling best to take advantage and hit his soft underbelly.

3) Overall, this is going to be the robotic equivalent of two lumbering sluggers, leaning on each other, mouths hanging open, guards down, trying to land a haymaker to finish things. Just make sure that I'm the slightly more tactical and aggressive brawler.

Best of luck, Noisey!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Re: ICEcrown Week 4: Death's Head Sarsaparilla vs. Shellshock

Post by Noisy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 pm

For every hit we make to each other, DHS will self damage himself by 4 while I wont self damage but his weapon will damage me by 7 however I will damage him by 8 everywhere except his teeth. So basically I'm going to go flat out and hope for the best. Its going to be one big hit and one of us will be moving after it. I'm hoping that because he will take 12 damage (my +8 weapon + 4 self damage) versus my 7 (DHS's +7 weapon + 0 self damage) I stand the better chance of surviving. I also think that my +1 speed advantage will mean the momentum of the hit will also be in my favour. And that my 4 teeth and "oscillating" shell shape rather than simply circular will be more effective for biting first.

At the start, spin up to full speed and move away from DHS until we're 100%. Then line up a shot that avoids the centre mound and and charge in will all 3 speed. Repeat this until one of us is dead.