ICEcrown Week 4: Screamroller vs. Maurdread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

ICEcrown Week 4: Screamroller vs. Maurdread

Post by attackfrog » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Screamroller: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8703#p70542
Maurdread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8703#p70550

Two giant vertical spinners, two internal combustion engines, one winner. This match is going to end with one of us a smoking wreck, I can feel it.

Maurdread's a little faster but it's got significantly worse control. Both of us are going to be going after the other's weapon supports, I suspect, but I think having better control gives me an advantage there. Having the flails out in front of the wheelbase gives me a range advantage too.

If Maurdread's just charging right in I'm going to have to face it head on and hope for the best: I don't want to get a wheel taken off as I try to dodge a charge. In that case I'll just try to aim my flails at one of the sides of its drum to try to take out the bodywork on that side and the weapon support underneath it. If I'm lucky I'll be able to disable the drum and finish it off.

If Maurdread's being more tactical, I'll put more effort into getting at its sides: we'll both by gyroing a bit , but I'll have better control there as my wheels stick out farther from the side of my bot. It's possible Maurdread could raise both its wheels off the ground if it turns fast enough while spun up. I'll try to take out its sides, its wheels if I can, and its fuel tank if I'm super lucky.

In summary, I'll be trying to take out the more weakly armored parts of Maurdread, and I'll keep going after them until one of us is a shredded ball of flames.

Good luck Mystic!

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: ICEcrown Week 4: Screamroller vs. Maurdread

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 pm

oh dear it's the flail drum that actually causes damage, right, so... here's the plan:
-don't try to go for it sides, didn't work for Taranis and won't work for us either
-keep our front pointed dead-on at his drum, it's gotta be square on weapon-to-weapon hits all the time, if he hits anything other than drum we're in big danger, so make sure his flails only ever get to hit our drum
-pray to god we can flip it over

GL