ICECrown Week 4: Labrys vs. Hovercrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ICECrown Week 4: Labrys vs. Hovercrap

Post by Rocket » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Labrys (4WD axe/spinner combo) (1-2)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 (13 spinner / 3 clutch / 11 hammer) | Armour: 7 | Hinged wedgelets

Hovercrap (Hovering ring spinner) (1-2)
Speed: 4 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 17 (16/16 spinnaaaaaaahs) | Armour: 7 | It's a fucking hovercraft, bucko

What the hell is it with me and fighting robots with 360-degree offences lately?

Anyway, Hovercrap really doesn't live up to its name; it might have all the self-control of the cast of Trainspotting, but those spinners are really nasty and we know how well Labrys holds up against those. I'm going to have to try proper thinky-people tactics again, and we know how well that goes for Labrys too. Oh well.

Ironically, this is the one time when my anti-shellboi strategy should actually work as advertised. The plan is to get just within axe range and fire the axe - not to hit the bodywork, though if I did it'd be nice, but to force the discs down into the ground and let momentum do its thing. I'll try and stay close while it bounces around the place, and if he slows down at all it's in with my own spinner.

If the hammering-the-disc plan doesn't work out after a few tries, it's time to mix things up a bit. I'll get in closer and beat the tar out of the bodywork with the axe. It's a risky strategy, but if I can hit him in the right place I might be able to stop him dead - five damage is nothing to be sniffed at, and if I can damage his propellors to the point where they fail then it's an instant win condition.

Hopefully I won't drive like a suicidal lemming on Beachy Head.

Good luck, Ys, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ICECrown Week 4: Labrys vs. Hovercrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Why do we both have the same color scheme?
Anyways, both bots have 4 speed so there is no way for contact to happen before my rings are at 16 power each. Keep my distance for spin up anyways, just in case.
Somehow hitting her disk will deal 5 damage, or 6, i will probably catch one of it's sides. And a hit anywhere else will deal f***ing 9 damage, even if her wedge has the geometric advantage i will still deal a sh*t load of damage.
Knowing that, all i need to do is land 1 hit, after that either part of her functionality gets compromised, making the fight easier for me, or she is just outright dead.
I predict that her strategy is based around her hammer/axe/overhead-clutch-weapon-thingy, so lets talk about that:
>Clutch-transfer, it's fire rate is slow.
>Doesn't have a long range, if she wants to hit me right in the middle where the juicier parts are, she will need to get VERY close.
>If she fires from a safer distance the hit will land on the top ring, it will do some damage there, but not a lot.
>Her chunky hammerhead can't hit my air cushion because of the top ring and that chunky shape.
>because of my geometry, her hits won't push me back as she probably wants.

I am pretty sure that she will use some variant of her strat in the last 2 weeks of using the axe from a distance, reverse at my speed to keep the same distance to attack safely and i will say that hovercrap will catch up labrys then because that axe wont stop me, she isn't faster, and the hop from firing the axe will make her stop for a few moments.

Now for the actual driving on my part: always keep distance when my weapons are't at full speed.
When up to speed go for an attack at her front
Maybe approach at an angle as a significant one will make it harder for her to adjust and/or hit me right in the middle, but not over 45° as that whould make specially easier for her to back away. But don't do this always or at the start of the fight as this has the drawback of making it harder for me to catch up to her.
When charging at her don't turn anywhere close to the moment of impact as that whould slow down one of my rings as both have a solid chance of landing a hit and i don't want to waste that improved chance.
Preferably stay close to the center of the arena, far away from the hazards.
Repeat all of this for less than 30 seconds the entire match.

Of course, don't drive like an idiot, stay away from the hazards, don't give her a chance to hit the rear part of my robot, watch out for her plans.
GL HF may the less dumb best bot win.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53