Mystery of the Apkallian System

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 pm

[note: ic moved quickly while i was otherwise occupied, traveling with brooke and kyraxa]

...left me... she left me...I thought I finally had a proper friend... a trustworthy friend... SOMEONE MUST PAY FOR THIS... calm... YOU DO NOT WANT CALM... YOU WANT REVENGE... i want to be alone...I want to be left alone...I don
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Great. Another riot. Calaveras is unlikely to be the cause of this one. One thing Casey has learned, though: if there's disorder, Black Moon isn't far behind it. Petz has something to do with this, she's sure. Now, if Calaveras and Berthier are anything to go by, Black Moon likes to cause chaos from a safe distance. She's not likely to be in the middle of the crowd. Calaveras was on top of a building, and Berthier just fires laser cannons from space. Perhaps Petz is up in the sky, as well...
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Kyraxa is happy with her basic plan and is ready to go whenever, but if the others want to assist, she suggests they run interference - keep in the space between the towers and hunt down the parties while Kyraxa does her bombardment routine to keep them moving.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:29 pm

"Any that you miss... will have to go through me" Heddwyn smiled coldly.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 pm

HEDDWYN [BEFORE HEDDWYN'S ABOVE POST]

Heddwyn goes down to the room and says 'will' to the machine.

And what appears are:

1. The Mesh Prince of Bel-Air

Originally tailored for someone named 'Will' in a faraway land, though nobody knows who this allegedly "fresh" prince was. It's a vest made of meshes upon meshes of carbon nanotubes, and titanium mesh itself. It can withstand extreme temperatures and nearly all energy-based weaponry. It does not protect the wielder from blunt force trauma, unfortunately. Also it's pretty damn snazzy. Because, you know, it's for a Prince. Smell ya later!

2. The Appleby
Seems to be a basic bow and quiver of 6 arrows. However, when aimed, it projects an image of an apple above the target's head. Moreover, the ghost of an apple holds the target in place for a length of time depending on their power. The arrows typically regenerate every 30 seconds, but if you use the full quiver before then, you'll have to wait a lot longer. However, they are magically embued by the goddess of harvests and can penetrate any material, so long as the will of the user is great enough.

3. Wrath of Mephistopheles
It's a red orb. A singular, translucent red orb. Or so it appears to be. In reality, it's an ancient, forbidden item that can only be utilized by agents of Hell, aka demons. Half a demon, quarter a demon, it doesn't matter. This orb drains the souls of those slain by its possessor and, at capacity, can unleash upon its wielder a horrific bloodlust that bequeaths upon him/her vast physical strength, speed, and durability. It can only claim a hundred souls at once before it stops, though it has a different, though massive, downside. Unless the demon has great will, they will not be able to distinguish ally from enemy.

After Heddwyn chooses his item he joins Kyraxa and Brooke.

----

ELECTRO

Moments after Heddwyn was done choosing his item, Electro is the next to enter, and merely says "strength".

And what appears are...

1. HM04
Called a Hidden Machine in its place of origin, this fancy device can teach you how to move massive physical objects out of your way, as well as assault your enemies with an astonishing 80 base power.

2. Overly Manly Mustache
An ornamental mustache that, when worn, transforms you into a beefy, body-building figure that laughs off physical blows but, when taking them, makes you speak incredibly gratuitous (and sometimes incorrect) French. It also looses the bonds of reason, so beware.

3. Golden Hammer
The man with the golden... hammer. Send your foes flying with a mighty whack from this Wrecking Crew style hammer, but some enemies will merely take the hits like a champ while your hammer squeaks like a... greased-up deaf guy. Yep.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:03 pm

heddwyn takes the Appleby
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm

CASEY

"Human emotions."

Casey's breath shudders for a moment.

"Amplified by what they believe."

She knows that voice.

"What they think is right... and wrong. Or where the line blurs..."

Casey's visor goes into overdrive.

"All they need is a little push... and they unleash the true devil within themselves."

She identifies a figure now somewhere behind her... green updo?

"It's kind of ironic, isn't it... they were killing themselves before we even got here."

Petz.

"Looking for someone?"

The lady Casey formerly knew as "Prisma" is languishing against a bent streetlight, which projects an eerie green aura around her.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:52 pm

This tells Casey a few things:

1. This mess isn't Black Moon's doing, and so isn't any of her concern as of now.

2. Petz might be easier to talk down than she thought.

3. With a lead-in like that, plus Koan's sass during their fight in the library, Black Moon almost certainly knows what she's up to. Not that that'll stop her.

4. She's probably blind for having missed her earlier. ( :v: )

"Not looking anymore. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were looking for me, showing up behind me like that."

She approaches the lamp post cautiously.

"So this one wasn't you, huh? Color me surprised."
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 pm

CASEY

"Surprising, you say? This place... all their wealth... their hospitality... they would waste it all for their petty beliefs. Imagine how much more... preferable it would be to watch them fight over scraps of warfare they've created themselves, and lap up their spoils after they bury their own remains."

Petz lets out a quiet chuckle.

"The misgovernment... the malady of the heart. You've already heard tales about us from my dear sister, Calaveras. How that misguided wanderer, Walden, slew his own people. Poor fool. And we revelled in it. After all... whom shall claim so kingly a crown? How bitter did it make those who oppressed him. Such filth spreads even back to its roots. All he needed... was a push."

So the Spectre Sisters weren't entirely behind Walden slaying his own people... were they? Hard to tell with someone as deceitful as Petz.

"The Daath. I'm sure that, as we were, you realize they aren't all they seem. However... none of you, even our own Berthier, understands the full truth."

The full truth?

"Such a flake Berthier is. Trying to destroy poor Calaveras like that just to keep our secrets safe. She wishes to harness the power of the system. Even she can't decrypt the riddle of who really pulls the strings."

It's you, isn't it, bitch?! Casey thinks to herself.

As if she can read Casey's mind, however, Petz replies, "I've finally figured that out myself. But my own sisters are so utterly incompetent, I have to pull them along. I still have my own maladies... my own sick heart, or the hole where it would be, still bleeds for them... so I'll eventually have to take Koan and Calaveras back from you all. But as for those disappearances most of you lot are so worried about, first I would try to stop this crowd before they kill themselves even more."

Petz turns her back on Casey.

"If you wish to die, however, do dare to strike me."

----

!!! Potential Boss... !!!

PETZ
Race: Humanoid
Affiliation: Black Moon Clan
Currently known powers: Petz can control particles on the sub-atomic level, able to rearrange them to create deadly viruses that infect organic life. She also, like Calaveras, has a measure of telekinesis, but hers is far more potent.

Stats
Strength: 5
Will: 25
Stamina: 5
Speed: 15
Intelligence: 25
Perception: 5

[entirely optional. Warning you right now; you... CAN take the challenge if you want. But no good will come of it :V]

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Petz is more involved in whatever the scheme is than Casey thought, apparently, and said scheme goes deeper than she anticipated. Begin phase two of The Plan
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:59 pm

CASEY

Another dark chuckle.

"So, that's what makes you entertain the notion that I would work with you..."

Petz turns around, a raised eyebrow contrasting the smirk her black-lipped mouth showcases.

"...now, what makes you so sure I'll keep you around afterwards? After all, you must surely have the same idea."

From out of nowhere one of the rogue Felidii yelling about "KAINE!!" from before tries to strike Petz from behind with a broken street sign. But with barely a thought, he is telepathically lifted off the ground, devoid of his previous momentum, and flung straight into the rioting crowd, scattering them. But Petz's eyes never left Casey's face.

"I don't expect the Daath, or you, made my sisters' stay here enjoyable, but our own treachery will be our undoing, so let us speak openly. I love her, but Calaveras is so utterly imbecilic and vain that she would sooner divulge our entire secrets than risk her own skin. Or maybe Koan wanted to spare the poor wretch some humiliation. I keep my own secrets a little closer to home.

"So tell me, since one of them let their tongues loose about it, what exactly about our ship is it that you want? Do you really so care about these poor creatures, invalids that battle their inner indecisions with each other, that you would use it to target the cause of their disappearances? Or... is it a personal purpose?"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Casey smirks, masking her nervousness. "Never thought you'd want to keep me around any longer than necessary, anyway; I know better than anyone that a sister can't be replaced." She knows her word choice matters more than ever now. Keep calm, talk carefully, and maybe Petz won't blast her into the sky. She seems like the type to appreciate some honesty.

"You clearly know better than to believe I don't have any personal stake in this, so I won't pretend otherwise. The answers I'm really after don't have much to do with the abductions. I have unfinished business on Earth, and frankly, I lack the raw firepower I need. Shutting a city down is one thing. Destroying one is a little bit out of my league. You're right about human emotions, you know. I've seen it firsthand - lived it myself, even. Oh, the things someone like me would do when pushed hard enough. I've had to justify myself so many times, in so many ways... that's what I'm interested in. Why are humans the way we are? Why is everything alive seemingly the same way? And the way you speak of it makes me think you might know. The abduction crisis? It's just a matter of curiosity at this point. If you want to solve it, I'll gladly work with you on that, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a background event. After we're done with your business here and mine on Earth, I don't particularly care what you do with me. At that point, my work will be done."

She knows she still hasn't really offered anything of use herself, besides some degree of loyalty for the next however long. The sisters are probably a good starting point to fix that, though.

"As for your sisters, I must admit I've assisted in some actions against them - under duress from the Daath and their other 'summons.' They don't take kindly to folks stepping out of line around them. Might I be able to redeem myself to you, by, say: helping you get them back?"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 am

CASEY

Petz is silent for a moment. Then...

"You know something? I'm rather pleased someone like you appeared here. It's rare to find someone with actual sense in this grand of a system... or one with such a way with words." Another smirk. "Those ill-witted ones I snuck in with... it's apparently too much for them to see the forest for the trees. Why not solve the issue themselves instead of involving beings from other worlds into the mess while dealing with casualties themselves? Their own humility is their downfall. And yet... I and Berthier merely discerned the cause from your last attack before arriving here. And we know exactly who is behind it. It seems that many have put their trust into the wrong hands."

This is it... thinks Casey.

"See, however... trust goes only so far. You've so delicately handled your speech to me... I cannot help but feel there is more to you yet. Telling you exactly whom is behind everything is out of the question until you manage to retrieve at least one of my sisters for me... but I can certainly share what it is. And how it works..."

Casey suddenly gasps. Petz was there... and now she's at Casey's side... like nothing... whispering in her ear... whispering... ?!?

And suddenly Petz is back in front of her... again, like nothing.

"Consider carefully what you've just heard. And do remember... I have no intention of playing any sort of heroic role unless it directly involves me or my affiliation."

Petz smirks again.

"Now... I believe you arrived with Koan and Calaveras, amongst the others. How do you suppose you can bring them back to me? They won't want to go willingly, will they?" Petz eyes the holy gun.

"As for Berthier, she is still monitoring the neighbouring planet, looking for the opportune moment to nab the supplies she needs. Apparently her brain fell asleep; she never told me she needed them until I was well on my way to this place. Working with her gets tiring... but I can convince her to leave Shamash in an instant, should I deem it necessary.

"Oh, and one more thing... don't think you're alive out of personal kindness. You breathe still because your life is profitable to me... for the moment. Yet it could be good for other things, too."

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:01 am

So that's what that was... what's Petz looking at? Casey follows her gaze to her bag: the holy gun is sticking out the top. Odd: she doesn't remember putting it there. Does it teleport now? Did Brooke do this? She's concerned at first, but knows it's for the better that someone outside the Daath's group controls it.

"Business as usual, then," she remarks on Petz's last line. "We're of like mind, Petz. You know better than to dump all your secrets at once, and so do I. Now, the important stuff. Here's what I know.

"Koan and Calaveras are indeed with my previous group, and may or may not come willingly, thanks to this... thing." She bumps the tip of the holy gun with her elbow. "It removes the evil from a person - whatever 'evil' is supposed to mean anymore - and the others entrusted me with holding on to it. Another one of their silly errors. Your sisters might not fight us when we reach them, but that doesn't mean they want to come with us. I believe the group is heading to Enki soon to fight the Judas and destroy some jamming towers so they can re-establish contact with Shamash, and your sisters are probably going with them. We'll likely have to fight through the other Daath summons to get to them. Specifically, these four:

"Kyraxa. Big warrior woman, bigger ego, even bigger weapons. We might want to deal with her from a distance or avoid her altogether.

"Brooke. Girl with one leg. Basically a time god. Way more dangerous than she looks. I haven't figured out exactly how her abilities work, but it seems like stopping time requires her eyes to be closed. We might be able to work with that. She's a priority target if shit hits the fan.

"Heddwyn. The half-demon that overpowered Calaveras on Shamash. I have a feeling that the evil-removal gun will be able to neutralize him.

"Electro. Little kid with lightning hands. He's more than likely not going to be an issue, but kids are unpredictable and he could literally toast me if he wanted to. Let's try to avoid hurting him if we can - personal reasons.

"There's also the Daath themselves, but they seem rather detached from combat. That's one of the things that led me to distrust them, in fact. Always sending us in to get injured before cleaning the mess up themselves when we'd suffered enough. But I digress. If we're able to reach Koan and Calaveras without having to fight anyone, all the better. I just like to make sure there's a contingency plan.

"A nice side effect of the evil-removal is that they're pretty docile, so if we can get to them, I think we're in the clear. Just to be on the safe side, though, we might want to make sure we have some way to incapacitate them if need be. I don't like having to resort to that, either, but I'm not going to try to reason with pissed off, super-powered women who have every right to hate me. Once we do get them back, I think we'll have to find a way to get Calaveras and Berthier to reconcile, after the whole attempted murder thing on Shamash. That might actually be the hardest part of this. Then again, I only know you and your sisters so well, so who am I to say?"
poopity scoop

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

HM04 seeming like a decent fix to his strenght problem with looking stupid (fuck you for that joke mustache item Kody :v) or having a big hammer to carry, Electro picks it up and decides to reinforce the assault group on Enki