ARC Rolling Rankings, 2nd Edition

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:17 am

Current ranks, as of March 31st:

<big><big><big>Standard Rankings</big></big></big>

<big><big><big>Major Rankings</big></big></big>

<big>See the full data here: Drive link</big>

Ranks = What you came here to see. Ranks builders based on their performance in the past 300 days.
Major Ranks = Also what you came here to see. This ranks builders based on their performance in major tournaments in the past 300 days. Major tournaments are ones that have at least 3 weightclasses.
W-L = Win/Loss ratios from all tournaments after CBC2.
Self W-L = Win/Loss ratios from all tournies after CBC2, with self-reported scores from signatures and older threads added. Take this with a grain of salt.
Totals = Current values of the points you've earned from each tourney in the past 300 days.
Totals_default = Ignore this. It's just the old point totals inserted from the 1st edition, used to calculate point deterioration.
Variables = How point totals for post-CBC2 tournies are calculated. Anything before CBC2 uses Monsterwork's old point calculation.
GC, RFN1, etc. = Points earned from each tourney without deterioration.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Details</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Dual Phase Tournaments:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>A dual phase tournament features a group stage of some sort, usually conducted in traditional round-robin format or Swiss. The field of entry for these tournaments will usually consist of sixteen or more teams. A dual phase format is most commonly employed in major tournaments such as the FRR, Robot Bastards, Ruination, and Cherry Bomb Classic series, though it may be seen elsewhere.[/quote]
Point values for group stage matches:
-If you win, you get 60 points.
-If you lose or forfeit, you get nothing.

Point values for playoff/finals matches:
-If you win, you get (80+20*Z) points for each won playoffs match, where Z is the total amount of playoffs matches you've won. Basically, each playoffs match you win will count for more than the last. Get all of your bots into playoffs and you'll be riding on easy street.

Single Elimination Tournaments:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>In this format, robots are paired off for 1v1 matches. Winners advance to the next round and losers exit the event. Single Elimination is often employed by smaller tournaments that usually focus on a single weight class and are often not recurring. Generally, though not always, their fields of entry are made up of sixteen or fewer teams.[/quote]
(note: this section includes double elimination tournaments too)

Point values for the entire tournament:
-If you win, you get 80 points.

Point Decay/Deterioration
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>To better reflect teams' current forms and to prevent rank inflation, making it impossible for newer teams to rise. Points gradually decay over the course of 300 days until the total reaches zero, when the tournament's point value is removed from the records. The number of points decaying is based upon the number originally earned as opposed to the number currently remaining. This applies to both the singles and doubles rankings as well as single-elimination and dual phase tournaments.[/quote]</div>

Archive:

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Mar 31st</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
<big><big><big>Standard Rankings</big></big></big>

<big><big><big>Major Rankings</big></big></big>

<big>See the full data here: Drive link</big></div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Feb 28th</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image

See the full data here: Drive link</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Jan 31st</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image

See the full data here: Drive link</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Dec 20th</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image

See the full data here: Drive link
Ranks = What you came here to see. Ranks builders based on their performance in the past 300 days.
W-L = Win/Loss ratios from all tournies after CBC2.
Self W-L = Win/Loss ratios from all tournies after CBC2, with self-reported scores from signatures and older threads added. Take this with a grain of salt.
Totals = Current values of the points you've earned from each tourney in the past 300 days.
Totals_default = Ignore this. It's just the old point totals inserted from the 1st edition, used to calculate point deterioration.
Variables = How point totals for post-CBC2 tournies are calculated. Anything before CBC2 uses Monsterwork's old point calculation.
GC, RFN1, etc. = Points earned from each tourney without deterioration.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Details</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Dual Phase Tournaments:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>A dual phase tournament features a group stage of some sort, usually conducted in traditional round-robin format or Swiss. The field of entry for these tournaments will usually consist of sixteen or more teams. A dual phase format is most commonly employed in major tournaments such as the FRR, Robot Bastards, Ruination, and Cherry Bomb Classic series, though it may be seen elsewhere.[/quote]

-If you win, you get (80+20*Z) points for each won playoffs match, where Z is the total amount of playoffs matches you've won. Basically, each playoffs match you win will count for more than the last. Get all of your bots into playoffs and you'll be riding on easy street.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>In this format, robots are paired off for 1v1 matches. Winners advance to the next round and losers exit the event. Single Elimination is often employed by smaller tournaments that usually focus on a single weight class and are often not recurring. Generally, though not always, their fields of entry are made up of sixteen or fewer teams.[/quote]

-If you win, you get 80 points.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>To better reflect teams' current forms and to prevent rank inflation, making it impossible for newer teams to rise. Points gradually decay over the course of 300 days until the total reaches zero, when the tournament's point value is removed from the records. The number of points decaying is based upon the number originally earned as opposed to the number currently remaining. This applies to both the singles and doubles rankings as well as single-elimination and dual phase tournaments.[/quote]</div></div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Nov 9th, Original post</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">

Hey there. I made my own version of the ARC Rolling Rankings after Monsterworks stopped updating his. Here's the current standings as of November 9th:

See the full data here: Drive link

The points system is much more simple this time around. No more "40 points for this thing, 20 points for this other thing, 240 points for doing a headstand and reciting the alphabet backwards". This is just "X if you win, 0 if you lose".

(The exact values of the point values below are subject to change, but they'll be the same more-or-less.)

Dual Phase Tournaments:
-If you win, you get 40 points.

-If you win, you get (60+10*Z) points for each won playoffs match, where Z is the total amount of playoffs matches you've won. Basically, each playoffs match you win will count for more than the last. Get all of your bots into playoffs and you'll be riding on easy street.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>To better reflect teams' current forms and to prevent rank inflation, making it impossible for newer teams to rise, <del>exactly one fifth of earned points decays every two months after the final results of the event that they were earned in are posted.</del> Points gradually decay over the course of 300 days until the total reaches zero, when the tournament's point value is removed from the records. The number of points decaying <del>at each two month interval</del> is based upon the number originally earned as opposed to the number currently remaining. This applies to both the singles and doubles rankings as well as single-elimination and dual phase tournaments.[/quote]

Misc differences/notes
I don't want this to be too TL;DR so I'll condense it into a bullet point list:
-The point values listed above are not retroactive.
-Point deterioration is calculated (mostly) automatically rather than having to go through and edit the entire list every 2 months. I guess Monsterworks was either a masochist or a big fan of manual labor.
-The only exceptions to this are CBC1 and RB2, since those were already affected by the former method of point deterioration. Notes are listed above. After 3/30/2018, point decay will be entirely automatic.
-Instead of recording Career Highs and Career Lows, overall match Win/Loss record is (automatically&#33;) measured instead. W/L ratio is not affected by point deterioration. This isn't retroactive because I am definitely not going through a year's worth of tourney results by myself. :v: Feel free to self-report for yourself or others though. I'll add it to the spreadsheet if you do.
-The coloring for movement and rankings are automatic too.
-"What's Robo*Con?" That's the name for the tourney I plan on hosting sometime soon.
-"Wow, you must be really autistic to keep track of this." This is a website dedicated to fighting robots that don't exist. Where do you think we are?

Observations
Even though there haven't been any actual matches since September, implementing the new deterioration system has shuffled the ranks a bit. Particularly Alpha Robotics and Team Foxtrot Uniform, who rose 3 spots as a result. Also notable are Tartarus Robotics Group and Team Ignition, who both fell 2 spots. Both still remain in the top 10, however. Team Crustacean continues to plummet down to the bottom of the rankings due to inactivity, with CBC being his only source of points. While I won't give away too much, I would suggest for anyone near the top that entered CBC1 to earn some points before December 15th rolls around.

This post will probably get re-organized as I update it with more results. Still on the fence about biweekly updates. Image
</div>
Last edited by V900 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:58 am

Nicely done, Sauce&#33; It's looking very good so far, and fourth's a very good place to be. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:46 am

Still happy to be 13th still :). But I would like to carry on climbing the Rankings ladder and reach the Top 10

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:10 pm

whats up i'm numbah fourteen
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

V900

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Updated

Things to note:
-I changed the color scheme to better fit the forum's coloring
-Also fixed a few minor calculation errors that aren't worth mentioning
-Points earned for each post-CBC2 match has increased, but none of the tournies have actually started yet.
-Since there were no matches at all this month, any changes in ranking were entirely due to deterioration and CBC1 dropping off the rankings entirely. That being said, Kody went down a whopping 13 places and Jamied went up 5 places.
-Monsterworks is still #1, but missing a major or a few smaller tournies should put him at #2 if Goat does well enough in them.
-Anyone with 0 points is ranked as "N/A" instead of a number.
-Added self-reported W/L ratios using people's signatures and this thread. Probably not the most accurate due to how few people have records in their signature, though. I also didn't include any records that were mostly forfeit losses. Really, it'll probably get replaced with something else. Got any suggestions? The data's all there if you want me to calculate something.

V900

Post by V900 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm

boop

Things to note:
-There were matches this month.
-Basically, anyone who entered in GC or RFN and won matches saw their rank increase. Those who didn't, well, didn't.
-The_Angry_Goat is now ranked #1. Good job fam.
-I went up 16 places.
-Added Trihunter to the list.
-I didn't add Avalanche yet, because he currently has 0 points from losing 2 matches in his only tourney so far. :v:

V900

Post by V900 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

boop x2

R4 is up next, how would people feel about a set of rankings exclusively for major tournaments?

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Might be cool.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Don't we kind of do that already with the win-loss tallies and stuff, though?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 pm

well i'm glad i said it might be cool cause now i'm 19th out of 33, which means im not in the bottom third

miracles exist