Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Madman</dt><dd>Apr 27 2017, 11:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Looks fuckin' good. I might eventually clarify how much damage some of the hazards do, at least roughly, but overall I really like it.[/quote]Many thanks&#33; I will get to that as well soon enough, but I'm glad it's got a pretty good reception already. I'll have a check up on the weapon power rules and what it translates to, and then hopefully I can get a good idea of what to have from there.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 am

Damn it, there's goes my ideas for my own arena atm, but heck a really nice look to yours. Those Hazards look deadly.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 pm

It's like Robot Wars but even more craziness&#33; Nice work&#33;

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Apr 28 2017, 05:40 AM</dd></dl><div>Damn it, there's goes my ideas for my own arena atm, but heck a really nice look to yours. Those Hazards look deadly.[/quote]Thanks, glad you approve of it&#33; I especially liked how the hazards and other things came out actually, I think we've got quite a good selection of ones you don't often get on ARC- and along with the arena layout compared to the regular ARC battlefield, it should make for some quite interesting fights&#33; But yes, sorry about that. To make up for it though, you're very welcome to use the arena for your own upcoming competition once I've got the hazard power levels down. I think it'd be quite a good test run for it&#33;

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>attackfrog</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>It's like Robot Wars but even more craziness&#33; Nice work&#33; [/quote]
Appreciated&#33; I do think that it's become a lot better since moving away from the standard Battlebots-style arena layout (with the red/blue squares, Killsaws, Pulverisers, etc.) that you often get on ARC, and having it more become its own place with its own identity and unique traps and tricks instead of say, just the ARC Arena with a Pit. The other big inspiration for it actually was the Extreme Robots (the current UK live circuit) arena, especially with the small sections for OOTA-ing and the blade-like hazards mounted in one wall.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Also, had a bit of a think about what power the hazards that deal damage will have. It's only early days yet at this point, so they can be amended as needed, but here's what I was thinking-

Floor Flipper
10 Power.

Broiler
5 Power (for both the flames underneath and the side-mounted flamethrowers).

Impalers
6 Power.

The Drop Zone
5 Power Minimum for a flipper to OOTA, 7 or more to do so reliably. 12 Power minimum for a vertical spinner to OOTA, 14 or more to do so reliably.

The Mangle
14 power (though offset by the fact that it only works for 45 seconds to a minute with each button press that activates it).

Rough-grain Floor
Lose half of your robot's mobility for as long as you are pressing your wedge down.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Although I've just uploaded this new machine of mine in ROBOTS, here it is for here as well.

Axtinguisher, a Middleweight flamethrower-axe. Inspired by a combination of Blacksmith, Powerjack (AKA Decapitator MK1) and Matt Helms from No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, it's the first serious design I've done that incorporates flames, and it's designed to be well-balanced and very powerful on top of generally looking fuckin' awesome. :v:

Speed: 5
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (13 for axe, 1 for Flamethrower)
Armour: 9

The stats are fairly tentative so far, so any advice is greatly appreciated. Thoughts?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun May 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Holy shit&#33; I have missed your designs in ages and I have to say&#33; That is truly badass&#33; Axtinguisher is going to give Lethal Carriageway a run for it's money&#33;

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Appreciated, man&#33; That should be a good fight, will be interesting to see how well the axe works&#33;

Anyway, time for my next design-
Dead on Arrival, a Lightweight vertical drum spinner that I came up with the design for whilst helping Peskius with The Surgeon. It's a bit more unusual than most bots of its kind, but hopefully it should work well&#33; Thoughts?

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armour: 6
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 am

And for probably the last one of my new machines for ROBOTS, there's this guy.

Tenebris, Featherweight Rammer, Flipper, and general spinner-fucker-upper. :v: I wasn't exactly trying to do anything new with him as you can probably tell, but you know what it does, and it should hopefully do it quite well.

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 2 (interchangeable flipper arms)
Armour: 12 (+2 to darker front wedges = 14, 10)

Tentative stats so far, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:10 am

can't see anything wrong with this. looks downright scary.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Wolf51-50

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:12 am

I'm going to be honest, I thought TD2M was coming back. But this bot is great&#33; More uberbricks in the community. The stats look good as well. If there was one thing that I in my own opinion would do, it would be to have the wheels slightly exposed towards the back in order to make it easier to climb off of wedges. However, the flipper may be able to aid in this as well
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

British-Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 am

Decent FW design there mate, that'll be Chewer's first opponent in CBC 2. (Great >_>) But other than that, I can see this be in the top two

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Mon May 29, 2017 4:00 pm

I quite like the drumlets idea&#33; Really cool stuff all around.

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Many thanks for the responses so far, everyone&#33; I definitely liked how all these new machines came out, so hopefully they'll be able to do well in ROBOTS. Just the Heavyweight left to do now, but I haven't got much idea of what to use for it. Most likely one of my older machines, but does anyone have any suggestions for what I can use and/or improve for it? Thanks.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Wolf51-50

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:44 pm

While I'm unsure if it can be improved without changing the design too much, I like the look of Bulletproof Bomb. I can also see Barley Picker doing quite well
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL