The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:48 am

Damn it... oh well, might as well have some FUN!!!

The ghost of a smirk crosses her face. The Amazon Stone transforms back into the dao that she used against the armoured man; wielding that, and the blade that she won against said armour man, JunJun prepares to attack, though mainly acting as support.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:06 pm

(wheeeeee! the game's not dead yet!)

Saalima finds that there is, indeed, one heavier than the others: the very one that Kuruth'Ondor has leapt at. But, as he lands, she notices something odd: the weight has shifted to one on the upward stairs. This one begins to... glide, perhaps? over the groups heads

Kuruth'Ondor's sword unsatisfying passes through the target, as it did previously. He turns to view the rest of the area as three of the beings lunge toward him.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:12 pm

JunJun notices one of the little buggers has taken flight, passing above. With startling agility, she leaps to greet it with a single thrust of the dao, keeping the other blade back as to not let her guard down.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Kuruth'Ondor notices Juno's sudden leap. Why that one in particular? he wonders. Dismissing his opponents is perfunctory. Especially as they offer virtually no resistance against his blades, he can cut through them as if they're mere ribbons, and with his finely honed warrior's strength and stamina, he's certain that he could keep this up for hours. There must be a more clever approach to this, he muses to himself, but if needs be, I may be able to simply cut them down faster than they can regrow. He moves through the enemy, a whirling dervish of destruction.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:50 am

JunJun pierces through her target with ease, and it vanishes. She notices, however, that another one has gone below her as she leapt, making a dive for Dr. Taylor. Taylor panics and kicks it in the face as he backs into the corner.

Kuruth'Ondor's attacks have thinned the herd significantly. New copies are suddenly slow to appear, it seems. They are coming in from unconventional angles, he discovers, as one appears directly over top of him and lands on his head.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:59 am

Saalima decides that having these robots on her ally's heads is a recipe for disaster, and therefore rips asunder the one that has landed on top of Kuruth
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 am

...damn it.

JunJun lands after the attack, and watches Saalima's back.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:07 am

It is good to see them working as a team, Kuruth'Ondor decides, since it is the key to them potentially getting out of this place alive. Sneakily, he uses one of his four hands to take a grappling hook from his pouch and he hurls it straight and unerringly at the metal man who attacked Dr. Taylor. It speeds towards him like a projectile. Another attacker comes for the huge warrior's feet, and he stomps on its head. There isn't any crunch, though. How unsatisfying.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Kuruth'Ondor's grappling hook catches Taylor's attacker by the ankle, to the surprise of pretty much everyone involved. Then, as might be more expected at this point, the assailant vanishes.

The clones are gone, as well. It takes a moment for everyone to realize this. After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, a voice echoes through the stairway: the same one that taunted Dr. Taylor just a minute earlier.

"Unexpected critical failure. Rose, you'll need to take the Amp. I'll leave it in the w- shit, I'm not in closed comms."

And with that, the group is left alone. Dr. Taylor still has his back pressed against the corner.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:55 am

Saalima yawns, her face masking her disappointment would have been nice to catch that thing properly...still, good to know that this Junjun character isn't entirely mistrusting of me.... "so what was zat, hm?" she asks of no one in particular
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:49 pm

(okay, not dead for real this time. i'm gonna make a post in the signup thread about it later. sorry about the unannounced delays guys. i'm gonna try to use this post to speed things up a little, make up for lost time)

"So what was zat, hm?"

Nobody is able to answer, but all turn to Dr. Taylor in the corner. He looks around briefly, checking that the assailant is, indeed, gone. Once his breathing slows, he attempts to answer Saalima's question.

"That... that was the culmination of bullshit, is what that was. I'm sorry... I don't have a good answer for that." He takes a deep breath as he steps forward. "I think... I think the Spring Corps clowns finally got serious. Taking the Amp... that's a bold move. Oh, right, you probably don't know what that is. Come back with me to my office, I owe you an explanation of what's happening."

<hr />
Taylor's office is surprisingly spacious for what it is. As everyone files in, they note a number of chairs along the wall nearest the hallway and a collection pictures hung on the opposite wall. They all contain Dr. Taylor, and the majority of them have him wearing a suit, standing straight with a collection of other professionally-dressed individuals. A single, comparatively small picture near the corner has him in a tee shirt, sitting with a small child on his knee. A wooden desk, covered in clutter, bisects the room.

"Take a seat, take a seat&#33;" Taylor urges as he sits at a rather large chair behind his desk. Saalima glares at him from her wheelchair. He's oblivious.

"I guess I should thank you for saving my life. Um... thank you. Now that we're all comfortable," he continues, not even waiting for everyone to sit, "I can give you the story proper. I'm sure I've told you about Haven by now, but with all the recent action my memory isn't quite up to par. Big floating country in the sea, radioactivity is everywhere else, that stuff. Now, when you have something as big as Haven floating out in the middle of the ocean, well, how do you power it? Only recently, we weren't sure either. Enter the Amps. They're little yellow cube-things, but kind of... slanted... blanking on the proper word..." he tries to form the shape with his hands. It's minimally helpful. "Anyway, some genius found that if you put one of the things under significant pressure, it secretes this fluid. They called it... oh boy, trihydrocarboblahblahblahblah, it's a very long name. Now, this stuff is interesting in that you can burn it for energy, just like they used to with coal before there was a need for a place like Haven, but there's no waste. No fumes, no byproduct. Nobody's sure why it works like this, but, well... it does. And the real kicker? There doesn't seem to be any limit to the amount you can get out of one Amp. It's apparently infinite. You'd think this would solve all of our problems, but of course, this wasn't enough for somebody."

The lights flicker in the room. "Oh, that's the backup power kicking in, don't mind that," Taylor quickly explains. "Anyway, I was... yes, it wasn't enough for somebody. One of the scientists who investigated the Amps thought that we could get more out of them," he scoffs. "Can you imagine? More than infinity? Well, he brought this up to the Haven Council, and they understandably shot it down. Of course, he wasn't happy with this, and went rogue. Apparently he found some safe area somewhere in the wastes and now works from there. Calls his new organization `Spring Corps.` Can't say I support what he's doing when the problem he's trying to solve has, well, been solved already. Usually he just convinces the braindead idiots of the general population to attack vital parts of Haven to try and coerce the council into working with him, but... well, if he has the... whatever they were... that we saw, working with him, and he's going directly for the Amps, I fear he may have more dangerous plans. The thing that concerns me most, though, is that one of those Amps is, indeed, supplying all of Haven's power. If he takes that one, everyone's shit out of luck."
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:48 am

Saalima frowns at his offering of a seat, a quick glance at her leg too in case anyone is bothering to look.

"I was more interested in zat robot specifically. zought I suppose zis is also interesting..." her words trail off to a thought - unsaid, perhaps unnoticed; can these people succeed where Dr. Taylor has failed? return her to her home?

she thinks for a bout longer, mulling over the situation, then, muttering to no one in particular "zough I do find it interesting zat you can justify wrenching people from their world into your world, yet zis... more than infinity... is somehow...

more wrong?"
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 am

"Well, the thing about dragging you here... that was an accident. You all are the first time something sentient got pulled through. I didn't think it was possible until Gus brought you back here and showed me. We are going to try and send you back, though, it'll just... take some time. As for the robot thing, my best guess is that it was some machine, or, some... something, from Spring Corps. Never known a machine to swear, though."

Taylor shifts in his chair.

"As far as `more than infinity` goes, the guy's a crackpot. The only reason we haven't solved every problem we could ever have at this point is that the flow rate of the trihydrowhatever is, well, abysmal. The stuff itself is incredibly efficient fuel, and there is a theoretically infinite supply, but we can only get at so much of it at a time. This guy thinks there's a safe way to access all of it at once. You know what that sounds like to me? Universe-ending bombs, that's what. No thank you."
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:19 am

Saalima takes note of this weapon possibility, conceding that point, at least mentally. but she's charged up right now - still angry, still unanswered.

"and do you really suppose we are ze first&#8253; we are ze first you found. who knows how many have perished at your ignorance? and for what&#8253;
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:42 am

JunJun is bewildered. We... got pulled out of one of those things he's talking about?&#33; What on earth... and what's this about a maniac trying to destroy everything? What kind of messed up continuity did I get enlisted in?

Taking a look at Saalima, JunJun frowns, trying to piece things together. "She has a point, actually. We're almost certainly not the only ones to have landed here. We're probably the only ones still alive, though. And what are you going to do now, about that, about everything? A lot of this all seems like guesswork to me."

She folds her arms, not entirely believing they're the first Dr. Taylor knows about either.