Turbolulz vs The Book of Carnage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 am

Turbolulz:

Speed: 12
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 5
Armor: 8

Lollerskate:
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 0
Armor: 1

The Book of Carnage:

Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 4
Weapon: 4
Armor: 11

<hr />
The first thing I notice about BoC is the gap between where the wheels are and the front wedge. There's quite a bit of ground clearance there. Definitely enough for Lollerskate to slip underneath and high-end him from the center.

Next, the arena has a giant hazard in the middle that will basically nullify any attempt at a box rush. Charging over it is super risky, especially given his pretty much non-existent invertibility and dubious self-righting.

Finally, when I'm fully spun up, I have an effective 17 weapon against his 11 armor. Corner shots will hurt him a lot.

Strategy: Start spinning up immediately. Given the nature of safe spinup with combo melties, this might take some time, so I'll move Lollerskate slightly forward and over to one side, and be ready to intercept the book as it comes in. I want to come in with Lollerskate at a slight angle from the front to sneak under the ground clearance on his sides and get him tee'd up for a big corner shot from Turbolulz. If the main bot isn't at top speed at any point, get it there, and keep Lollerskate off to one side but still close by to intercept Book if he tries to take advantage of my spinup time. If he ignores Lollerskate, he'll get wedged. If he turns to deal with it, Turbolulz will have more time to spin up. Try to maneuver Turbolulz to the side as he comes in to make corner shots more likely.

If he's not knocked out by the last minute of the fight, try to use Lollerskate to get him stuck on top of the central flipper, preferably only partially to ensure he actually flips over. I'm not sure he's able to self-right, and this'll add some excitement to the match if it works. I do care a little bit about entertainment value :v:

If I get wedged, have Lollerskate come in and jam itself under BoC. It won't help the main bot off the wedge, but it will prevent BoC from doing anything with its advantage. If Lollerskate isn't an option, spin the bar to try and knock myself free. Don't drive over the center hazard or near the house robots. Avoid the walls/edges/whatever.

Good luck :D
poopity scoop

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Alright. Big spinny thing with another spinny thing on top, and a lollerskate. So what do I do here with a 200+ lb book? I try everything in Book's power to keep away from the melty. Instead, try going after the slower minibot by getting under it and snapping the page shut. Once I am close enough in which I'm out of harms way, but close enough, release lollerskate to send it straight into Turbolulz, counting for easy self damage. Now given the translational speed he's going at, he doesn't have very much control as he is spinning. So what I do to counter that, is run straight towards a wall and stop right there. Wait for Turbolulz to follow, and drive the hell out of there at the last second. He won't have enough time to get away from the wall and he'll either turn into a roflcopter (which would be most hilarious) or it will slow down his blade. With his blade not quite at full speed, I can get under him safely and bring him to a house robot. 8 armor is going to crumple up against either of those weapons, so that's how I'm hoping to get a KO. If by some miracle the melty brain technology stops working and the walls fall away in the arena, take full control with the clamp and 4 torque and push him off the ledge like there's no tomorrow.

Good luck Brad
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL