Team Pesky Robotechnics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Peskius

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Peskius » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Greetings everyone!
My name is Peskius, formerly Rooster899.
A looooong time ago. I once created a team, known as Clockwork Rooster...
..Since then I left the fandom...
... But now . . . I. Have. RETURNED!!!
I'm back. With a new name, new team, and a whole new arsenal of bots and weaponry!
Here I will insert my bots in the comments as they are developed. But for now I have 4 bots in the line up!
1 Middleweights and a 3 Heavyweights!

1: Point Blank
The most basic of the robots; yet still able to pack a punch!
Point Blank is an effective Middleweight axe-bot capable of delivering a drop in what feels like the blink of an eye!
With strong armour, internal wheels and a diamond edged axe. Point Blank promises to deliver in the competition!
Armour: 8
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 5
Weapons: 6
http://i.imgur.com/7sUOSLs.jpg

2: Collateral Damage
A slower but no less deadly machine.
CD combines the ability to be effective in both directions with a combination of weaponry. Armed with a choice between a horizontal saw and a pneumatic ram able to deliver fair hitting blows.
As well as a pair of sharp spikes on the rear.
Although CD may be on the slower side his thicker and more durable armour makes up for it. He may be sluggish but he can hold his own in a brawl, without any question!
Armour: 9
Speed: 4
Traction: 6
Torque: 6
Weapons: 5
http://i.imgur.com/kEUJsdn.jpg

3: Brititannia
A combination of inspired designs (a little of Beast, Firestorm and Dreadnought MkIII)
Brititannia is a true heavyweight flipper. With enough power in the base of the flipper to launch the front of a Reliant Robin up 3 feet!
Thick reinforced Hardox armour protects the core internals from damage from even the toughest bar spinners, as well as steel roll-bars coating the more exposed sides of the front up to where the flipper is placed.
With above average control but slightly less than average push. Brit will hold up against tough blows and deliver high altitude flips
Torque: 4
Weapons: 6
http://i.imgur.com/4UzyxJG.jpg

4: Yeager
My pride and joy, and most definitely my most unique build!
Yeager brings a strong mix of technology to the arena.
Armed with a smooth ramp going up the entire bot/ a 7000rpm drum spinner, capable of mincing up toasters/ printers and any poor suckers robot that slides along Yeager's ramp, and a two fingered claw with 9 tonnes of squeezability, once each of the moving segments are set into a locked position.
The claw also has the ability, and enough lifting strength of its own, to even right this heavyweight tracked monster!
Yeager's armour is thick, especially all the way along the ramp. However, to keep its position in the heavyweights, its armour is thin along the sides.
This hunter promises to destroy anything in its path, no matter who the challenger is!
Speed: 4
Weapons: 9
http://i.imgur.com/NkNANVC.png
http://i.imgur.com/HAbXa0C.jpg

I look forward to wrecking shop in the arena in future competitions and I'll see you there.
Peskius, Out!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Welcome back, man! The designs are looking good so far, looking forward to seeing how you do. :)
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:18 pm

just as general advice, the pushiest of push-bots rarely have more than 4 torque, and having traction greater than your speed offers absolutely no benefit, other than the reduced knockback that comes with higher traction (which is of itself of minimal benefit). I must say though, that is some fantastic drawing there.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:47 pm

holy shit, of all the people I thought would come back I did not expect you. :v:

welcome back though! Hope you stick around!
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:33 am

Another Brit :), Awesome, I really like the designs you've done very promising

Peskius

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Peskius » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah I'm back. Can't wait to get stuck in :p
I plan on entering the Cherry Bomb Classic next week, once I've fnished designing a few more bots to fit the required weight types of course.
I look forward to mashing it up in the arena with you guys ^^

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Looking forward to having you in! Just keep in mind that the deadline is the evening of the 11th, EST. Also, take a gander at the rules to see if any of the more novel weapons options appeal to you.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Peskius

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Peskius » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Entered my place in CBC
But I still need to finish the designs for my Light, Ant and Superheavy weights
My Lightweight, 'Aerial Annihilation', is finished.
Check him out here! ^^
https://i.imgur.com/E8feGDv.png

Now I just need an Ant and Superheavy design. My SHW is already in the last design stage.
But I'm stuck on what I could do for an ant weight. Could some of you maybe give me some suggestions?

Badnik96

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:13 pm

First of all there's no antweight class in CBC, it's featherweight :v:

Also you give your robots entirely too much torque.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by GF93 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:12 pm

The design itself is pretty good, but I'd tweak the stats a bit to make use of the excess Torque points. I'd suggest-

Speed- 7
Traction- 6 (+1)
Torque- 2 (-3)
Armour- 9 (+3)
Weapon- 6 (-1)

- so you've still got some torque/acceleration and a good level of power to the Flipper, but the extra points are used effectively on some more Traction and much more Armour, so you'll be able to last longer and have better control. Hope this helps!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Peskius

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Okay so I now have a strong little team set up and ready to battle!

1: Upsie Daisy (Featherweight)
A fresh little featherweight with a lot of lift.
Upsie Daisy, who's name is likely to change in the future, is a nimble and well handling FW with a single lifting ram in the center; Looking much like a single prod from a forklit, able to lift at an incredibly high pace.
Speed: 5
Weapons: 7
https://i.imgur.com/EQOJlJC.png

2: Arial Annihilation (Lightweight)
AA is a fast LW flipper bot with high power levels!
Based off of the legendary Dantomkia. AA combines sturdy armour with a strong flipper and rapid speed.
He's quick, controls well, is able to lift bots heavier than him high into the air as well as capable of self righting, and has thick enough armour to take several heavy hitting blows.
Speed: 7
Torque: 2
Weapons: 8
https://i.imgur.com/Xu8Jfrb.png

3: Brititannia (Middleweight)
A combination of inspired designs (a little of Beast, Firestorm and Dreadnought MkIII)
Brititannia is a true heavyweight flipper. With enough power in the base of the flipper to launch the front of a Reliant Robin up 3 feet!
Thick reinforced Hardox armour protects the core internals from damage from even the toughest bar spinners, as well as steel roll-bars coating the more exposed sides of the front up to where the flipper is placed.
With above average control but slightly less than average push. Brit will hold up against tough blows and deliver high altitude flips
https://i.imgur.com/NjwLlmf.jpg

4: Point Blank (Middleweight)
Point Blank is the most un-unique design I could possibly think of. He's an early design that may well be changed in future. But for now this is how he is.
Armed with a sharp diamond edged axe, capable of dropping the hurt at high speed. Sturdy armour and good manoeuvrability. Point Blank is a bot I like to use for comedic purposes. So don't expect him around too much XD
https://i.imgur.com/FdMtJal.png

5: Collateral Damage (Heavyweight)
Inspired by the mighty budgetbot, 101; Collateral Damage comes armed with an interchangeable weapon system. Made to fit the occasion.
On the one hand he is armed with a high powered pneumatic fist, with a sharp spike on the end, capable of boxing the competition at a high speed and bringing down a hard KO on it's opponents. It also provides an effective ram that's able to penetrate armour on impact!
And on the other hand he comes with a horizontal saw blade capable of dealing strong slicing damage on anything in it's path.
He also comes at all times with two small spear tips on his rear to protect his dignity!
His tracks combine good protection with firm grip and control. Metal underneath with rubber along the top.
While CD may look a little sluggish I assure you he can bring the fight when he needs too!
Armour: 9
Weapons: 7
https://i.imgur.com/ZNw3hgs.png

6: Yeager (heavyweight)
My pride and joy, and most definitely my most unique build!
Yeager brings a strong mix of technology to the arena.
Armed with a smooth ramp going up the entire bot/ a 7000rpm drum spinner, capable of mincing up toasters/ printers and any poor suckers robot that slides along Yeager's ramp, and a two fingered claw with 9 tonnes of squeezability, once each of the moving segments are set into a locked position.
The claw also has the ability, and enough lifting strength of its own, to even right this heavyweight tracked monster!
Yeager's armour is thick, especially all the way along the ramp. However, to keep its position in the heavyweights, its armour is thin along the sides.
This hunter promises to destroy anything in its path, no matter who the challenger is!
Speed: 3
Torque: 3
Weapons: 11
http://i.imgur.com/NkNANVC.png
http://i.imgur.com/HAbXa0C.jpg

7: Lawn Mower (Superheavyweight)
The heavy hitting monster of my team. Lawn Mower promises to demolish the competition!
Tracked, Heavy and armed with two very powerful horizontal bar spinners.
His weight makes him VERY difficult to flip. But even if he is flipped he's capable of driving on both sides.
Armour: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapons: 14
https://i.imgur.com/hOh9ndb.png
Last edited by Peskius on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peskius

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by Peskius » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 am

Guess who's back!~
Well back for now atleast. I've returned for the time being and have brought a new wave of upgraded bots with me. For now I shall show the only finished one; I can even show you it in the glory of digital art! XD
Meet Point Blank II!
http://imgur.com/BHoHYgI
Modifying the bland design of the original middleweight to make it more protected from spinners and with a new electrical hammer with a mix of tips!
Tell me what you guys think!

British-Robotics

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:31 am

Not a bad design :). Could be a threat in the future. I've also been busy doing some of my designs.

GF93

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:07 am

Definitely! It looks improved in just about every way compared to the original (self-righting, wedges, protection against both wedges and spinners, running inverted, snazzy red-black camo, etc.), so I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

Team Pesky Robotechnics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 am

The Camo style armor has that RW Series 2 feel to it :)