British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Sweet, liking how both of those look. Especially liking Chewer, that disc looks like it could be potent with the right statting behind it.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:47 pm

LW- Bamratrak

It may have a quirky name but it was built to be deadly, you do not want to see this robot in your back garden, meet the nefarious Bamratrak, a tracked lightweight wielding a spinning ring capable on spinning at 3000rpm, the tracks were made in order to avoid loosing control, I decided not to have wheels on the robot since it may have turning problems, I learned from this when I made Chemical Explosion 2 as a horizontal spinner. After studying Gyrobot off Robot Wars I wanted to find a way in order to control the robot when impacting an opponent. Hopefully the design is logical enough to at least manage the gyroscopic speed of Bamratrak's weapon. I then watched Tazbot vs Ringmaster and I looked at Ringmaster's design.

So I decided to give my robot's design a more slim disc body in order to get a nice design. Here are the stats.

Speed: 6
Traction: 6
Weapon: 10
Armour: 7
Torque: 1

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Awesomeness- liking the look of it a lot, you don't see too many tracked Ring Spinners about. Also, what a name! What does it mean, I wonder? :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:05 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 13 2016, 07:56 PM</dd></dl><div>Awesomeness- liking the look of it a lot, you don't see too many tracked Ring Spinners about. Also, what a name&#33; What does it mean, I wonder? :v:[/quote]The name is actually just scrambled up and made up, I wanted to give it a good name, "Bam" simply to hit or make an impact, "Ra" No, it's not off Yu-Gi-Oh, "Trak" Simply the robot is driven on tracks. And there you have "Bamratrak&#33;"

What do you think to the stats?

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:49 am

MW- Lethal Carriageway

A New MW I've developed where this robot has an electronic powered lifting wedge in front, it's made for brute force and power, and trust me you don't want to see this thing through a motorway, it's 4WD, has orange small lights at the side of the robot to give it some character, it has and extra wedge that's upside down from behind in order for extra protection when it's inverted.

LC can run both ways up thanks to the shape and the size of it's wheels.

Speed: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3
Armour: 11
Last edited by British-Robotics on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

British Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:22 pm

That is a very good spread of stats for that design
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:26 pm

I'm liking the look of that one a lot- solid design, great spread of stats, and I love the additional little things on it as well, like the flashing lights and the "BACK TO THE HARD SHOULDER" taunt underneath the Lifter. All-in-all, very well done. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:29 pm

HW- Jabtech

My first shufflebot to start off with, the main weapon is a pneumatic spike that is capable on piercing holes onto the opposition and pierce on exposed wheels. it has front hinged wedges for protection. It has rear spikes for extra protection from rear attacks.

Traction: 5
Armour: 7
Weapon: 10
Torque: 2

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Very nice.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:13 pm

LW-Torpedo

This robot is probably my second best LW I've come up with. It's a 2WD driven robot with a moderately powered flipper to get underneath the opponents, the flipper has a curved tip on top of the robot in order to assist the self righting when upside down. The back curved panels are there to prevent the machine from sitting at the back and help get back on it's wheels.

Weapon: 5
Armour: 10

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:14 pm

HW- Sparkster

Rocket Knight has had a complete over haul and now has become Sparkster, instead of a rammer it has now become a scoop/flipper type robot and 2WD, the spikes on top of the weapon is there to assist the robot when self right, it even has a curved plate at the back of the robot to give it some more assistance when self righting.

The armor is titanium and painted with chrome dark blue, it even has some nice logos on the robot referencing Sparkster. Especially the "Lets Go&#33;" quote on the back of the machine. I'm very happy with the robot's re-design.

The scoop when raised can stay up in order to hold the opponent off it's front or back wheels and push it to make it inverted.

Weapon: 4
Torque: 3
Last edited by British-Robotics on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen

British Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:21 pm

IMO you should keep Rocket Knight around - I'm a fan of the design

Liking this too though. has a very streamlined look to it that I enjoy
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:16 am

I've returned after a months break :). I'm still alive don't worry :). Alright, time to churn up some designs.

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 pm

MW- Upchuck III

A major tweak from the shape of Upchuck, the "fattiness" of the previous two versions have cut down and has become slimmer and much more agile. The flipper has the similar look to the previous versions so it can be recognizable.

Stats:

Weapon: 6

Venice Queen

British Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:15 pm

liking the wider stance
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122