Cha0sFerret's robots and stuff

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Dude, Fatal Error is fucking sweet. It reminds me of one of britespark's older robots, Monsoon.

(britespark is a retired member :v: )
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Yeah really nice bots.

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Really do like the looks of Fatal Error too, it's got a pretty decent design for a power flipper there. Should put on a good showing if it's entered into a tournament.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 am

I like Fatal Error, the design looks good, any protective skirts on the sides?

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>British-Robotics</dt><dd>Sep 17 2015, 11:24 AM</dd></dl><div>I like Fatal Error, the design looks good, any protective skirts on the sides?[/quote]No side skirts for this risk-taker :v:
If something starts to take aim at my sides I'll probably reverse and turn so it runs straight into my flipper.
poopity scoop

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:17 am

I got some (poorly attached) teeth for the shark. I'll have to completely remodel the shell to attach them properly.

I just realized I never statted this thing. I'll work on that when I have the patience for it.

In other news, I'm starting to like the blue/white color scheme, so I made this thing. I call it Sheer Cold. Yes, the Pokemon reference was intentional, and like the move it's named after it probably won't actually land any OHKOs.

2WD melty brain with hinged wedges to scoop up opponents and then deal damage with the flat part at the top. Basically a bar spinner minus the chassis.

Proposed stats:
-Speed: 12
-Traction: 3
-Torque: 1
-Weapon: 8
-Armor: 6

I've allocated armor under the assumption that smart thwacks are treated like shell spinners when determining weapon armor. Please let me know if that's not the case. Also, does torque contribute to spin-up time on these things? Because if so I'll have to re-do all of these stats. I've gone with low traction on purpose to ensure that Sheer Cold gets knocked away after a hit so it can get up to speed again safely. By minimizing 2 stats, I was able to concentrate on speed and weapon without completely neglecting armor.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Sep 25 2015, 11:17 AM</dd></dl><div>Proposed stats:

I've allocated armor under the assumption that smart thwacks are treated like shell spinners when determining weapon armor. Please let me know if that's not the case. Also, does torque contribute to spin-up time on these things? Because if so I'll have to re-do all of these stats. I've gone with low traction on purpose to ensure that Sheer Cold gets knocked away after a hit so it can get up to speed again safely. By minimizing 2 stats, I was able to concentrate on speed and weapon without completely neglecting armor.[/quote]I'm no expert here, but I think that traction determines weapon spin-up time... and IMO, your weapon power is really high. since the weapon stat determines the speed of a melty-brain, I feel like anything higher than a 4 is wasting points, since you're already a spinning ball of terror. Interesting and unique idea, though.

your shark teeth look like they'll have a much better bite
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Some cool looking stuff there&#33; I love the Sheer Cold reference. :D
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Sep 25 2015, 12:04 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Sep 25 2015, 11:17 AM</dd></dl><div>Proposed stats:

I've allocated armor under the assumption that smart thwacks are treated like shell spinners when determining weapon armor. Please let me know if that's not the case. Also, does torque contribute to spin-up time on these things? Because if so I'll have to re-do all of these stats. I've gone with low traction on purpose to ensure that Sheer Cold gets knocked away after a hit so it can get up to speed again safely. By minimizing 2 stats, I was able to concentrate on speed and weapon without completely neglecting armor.[/quote]I'm no expert here, but I think that traction determines weapon spin-up time... and IMO, your weapon power is really high. since the weapon stat determines the speed of a melty-brain, I feel like anything higher than a 4 is wasting points, since you're already a spinning ball of terror. Interesting and unique idea, though.

your shark teeth look like they'll have a much better bite[/quote]imo, 12 weapon isnt high. most hs have at least 13 weapon, i dont see why thwacks cant be different.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Sep 25 2015, 04:18 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Sep 25 2015, 12:04 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Sep 25 2015, 11:17 AM</dd></dl><div>Proposed stats:

your shark teeth look like they'll have a much better bite[/quote]imo, 12 weapon isnt high. most hs have at least 13 weapon, i dont see why thwacks cant be different.[/quote]no I think that the 12 for his speed (which is the weapon) is fine. his weapon stat, which governs translational movement, is 8, which I see as a bit high
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:21 am

I took another look at Suplex and realized I could have done better, so I went ahead and gave it a complete re-imagining. Here's Suplex 2:

Same basic concept as the original, but better executed. Ditched the spherical wheels for normal ones. The entire bot is lower to the ground, and the spindley parts are beefed up. The clamping arm now works more like a lifting arm that happens to be able to clamp stuff, and has spikes on the sides for spin-thwacking (now I want to add a wedge to it so it can actually be used as a lifting arm. Why didn't I think of this before rendering?). Also, the paint job is looking significantly nicer than before.

Proposed stats:
-Speed: 6
-Traction: 6
-Torque: 3
-Weapon: 5
-Armor: 10
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:40 am

Damn that's cool. I love this almost circuit-esque paintscheme you have on this one and Fatal Error.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:36 am

Looks like a very cool design there. With the lifting arm idea, I think it'd have more of a chance to lift itself up rather than its opponent, given how long it is, but it should be an interesting idea with this to see how it does. I'm liking your work so far, it's gonna be interesting to see where you can go with some more knowledge of the metagame.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 am

... that is now one of the coolest looking robots I have ever seen I am not joking...

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:20 am

It's cool, but like NFX stated above it could be a bit more practical. The wedge looks like it reaches out further than the thwack, so it might disrupt that. I guess if the lifter is the main focus, then it makes the thwack issue less.

Still, good job&#33;
This account is in a state of dimensional flux