Drowning City's Top Lists!

Best of the Best and the Worst of the Worst along with the ARC "Hall of Fame" found in here.
NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Sounds good to me.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Agreed. I did always think that it was due for an update anyway, so if there's anything to help with, I'll do what I can with it.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:33 pm

yeah, why not

BEES

Post by BEES » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:44 pm

If there's another ARCcon I'd try to go. There's nothing I enjoy more than being socially awkward with a bunch of other dorks.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Same here. I'm actually finally getting my damn passport done now and I have lots of money so I have no excuse. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Sep 16 2014, 12:44 PM</dd></dl><div>If there's another ARCcon I'd try to go. There's nothing I enjoy more than being socially awkward with a bunch of other dorks.

[/quote]Strictly speaking another ARCcon is always a possibility. It's really just a matter of being able to have the interested people meet at some place.

The original run of ARCcon's (05-09) had the benefit of being of being hosted at a convenient location, namely Paul/Minon33088's house. The only person that it was a big travel commitment for really was Philip and fortunately he was able to manage it.

Then there was ARCcon 10. It was supposed to be at Paul's again (he had actually offered it for the year) and Chris, Philip and myself met up at the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre like usual, but we were pretty much never able to get in contact with Paul at all during the weekend, so the 3 of us pretty much had to scramble around to find things to do to justify us actually meeting in a place that was no longer convenient for anyone. :P

I believe Philip made his move out to the west coast area shortly after ARCcon 10 so there weren't really any more people in the general area to put together another ARCcon. I think Chris and I kicked around the idea of meeting up with Alex and the other Paul up at Lehigh, but ultimately nothing ever materialized out of that. :-/

And of course the current ARC membership tends to skew much more internationally than it used to (compare how many members were located just within the state of Pennsylvania back in the earlier days). Now major members are in places like Britain/Scotland and Canada. Hell even Chris has gone from someone that used to live within a couple blocks of me, to living in Philadelphia (about 2 hour drive or so for reference).

HOWEVER, I would say that if it could be planned well enough, another ARCcon should always be considered as something that could be done. Obviously it would be centered around another location and preferably one that doesn't require people to sink significant quantities of money into (outside of hotel room costs, ARCcon was always pretty light on expenses).

Basically it would come down to finding out who serious intention of making it (by that I mean a definite commitment to attending, not just a "oh that'd be a cool idea"). I suppose members like Nick F., Lian, and Alex V would kinda be locked out of anything Stateside unless they were somehow able to wrangle up airfare, and of course the inverse would hold true as well, but it might be more reasonable for someone else international like Kody to make it depending on what the location would be, but that would be the case for anyone really.

I mean no matter what we're probably not looking at a large number of people no matter what, but that shouldn't matter too much. Virtually every other ARCcon got by with 5 people at them, so it could work.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 pm

maybe us uk members could meet up at an event. i can't travel more than 2 hours, though, and can only make it to robot combat events.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Sep 16 2014, 01:29 PM</dd></dl><div>maybe us uk members could meet up at an event. i can't travel more than 2 hours, though, and can only make it to robot combat events.[/quote]A UK ARCcon might be an idea, actually- four of us are there (Zooks, Nick, Lian, and myself), so I guess we could arrange a meeting somewhere. I live in Leicester, which is relatively in the middle of the UK, so that might be a good location for it- particularly considering Lian often comes over and meets me there on Saturdays, so that makes two of us to start with.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

BEES

Post by BEES » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:24 pm

My main barrier to going up to the mid-atlantic is my car, which I'll need to replace. Though I could possibly borrow my sister's. As long as I had some say in when the con was held, I would be sure to make it. I think the driving distance would be similar for Kody. Josh, Chris, and Alex are all in relatively close states. Dylan/Badnik is in Connecticut, unless I've got him mixed up with someone else. Though I'm not sure what level of financial independence he has. That's your six right there.

It's not impossible, the question is whether it's really worth it. Maybe if more of us had antweights it would be...
Last edited by BEES on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:29 pm

I can't drive, so I'd need to bus it. :v:

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 16 2014, 03:29 PM</dd></dl><div>I can't drive, so I'd need to bus it. :v:[/quote]Or considering Canada's weather, snowmobile it. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:44 pm

if you guys in the uk could make it to aws 45 in coventry, that would be good

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 16 2014, 03:32 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 16 2014, 03:29 PM</dd></dl><div>I can't drive, so I'd need to bus it. :v:[/quote]Or considering Canada's weather, snowmobile it. :v: [/quote]It was 41

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Spatula</dt><dd>Sep 16 2014, 03:24 PM</dd></dl><div>It's not impossible, the question is whether it's really worth it. Maybe if more of us had antweights it would be...[/quote]To be fair, outside of the first ARCcon, actually using live bots (a couple of Paul's and a goofy one Steve threw together) was a pretty minimal thing.

If we actually got everyone to meet in one place I'm sure we could find stuff to occupy a weekend with. Like ARCcon '09 had the "Beer and Bowling" night. We used to always do stuff like Trivia contests. Hell a big part of ARCcon was just about chilling and shooting the breeze in person instead of through a computer screen. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Another year and I could probably make an ARCCon. Independence from my parents is gonna be so sweet :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ