Looking to the future...

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Looking to the future...

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:12 pm

All those right angles scream undercutter fodder... TBH I liked the round design better, it looked more resilient.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Looking to the future...

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 am

Progress on new Anti-Virus. Not sure what to put in front though.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Looking to the future...

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:19 am

Wedge with "I Am Death Incarnate"? :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Looking to the future...

Post by GF93 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:25 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 11 2014, 11:19 AM</dd></dl><div>Wedge with "I Am Death Incarnate"? :v: [/quote]Wolfenstein 3D reference, I approve. :P

Alternatively- to continue the references to early FPSes, "Ultra-violence&#33;" might be something else that could go on the wedge.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Looking to the future...

Post by NFX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 am

Obligatory wedge

Maybe some wedge that moves when the opponent drives onto it
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Looking to the future...

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Meh. He stays a brick, just because.

But I made him look cool.

Anti-Virus 5.5

playzooki

Looking to the future...

Post by playzooki » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:52 pm

that looks amazing.

will be tough to fight

NFX

Looking to the future...

Post by NFX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Does look like a tough nut, as usual. Also looks like it is made out of cheese somehow.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Looking to the future...

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 11 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Also looks like it is made out of cheese somehow.[/quote]I'd probably say it's closer to a sponge.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Looking to the future...

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm

&#33;&#33;&#33;TRANSACTION&#33;&#33;&#33;

This robot

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Drowning_City ... 2&t=808480

Now belongs to Dylan "Badnik96" McCarthy of Team Ignition.

Good day.

&#33;&#33;&#33;END TRANSACTION&#33;&#33;&#33;

That Kode Guy

Looking to the future...

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 pm

So what is everyone planning after Crazy Bots and Robot Bastards? Bots, tournaments, rule ideas, team renaming, etc...

Bot-wise, I have a new LW planned for Ruination 3, though it's been a long time coming tbh. I want to think of some ideas for Mimete 2 and Macduff, but nothing's coming to me. SeC I'm gonna scrap again (for now), same issue as Mimete and he's already been deemed a failure so... not too sure about HW and SHW. SZF might make a return. Who knows.

Tournament-wise, well... Ruination: The Contagion has sign-ups open so there's that. Might do Custom Fantasy Wars 2 soon after, as well.

I'm interested. :v: Guys?

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Looking to the future...

Post by GF93 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Not so sure, myself. I'll enter LORE2 and the next Ruination, that's a given. As for robots, I'm not so sure- I've got a few ideas sketched down, but before I do anything major like CADs, I'll refine them a bit, upload some basic design sketches, and see what everyone thinks from there.

Then in the meantime, maybe I'll see how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll centre of a Tootsie Pop.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Looking to the future...

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 5 2014, 06:03 PM</dd></dl><div>So what is everyone planning after Crazy Bots and Robot Bastards? Bots, tournaments, rule ideas, team renaming, etc...[/quote]Quoting self.

I'm probably going to switch Troubloon for Anti-Virus. To be frank I think the stats I had planned for Troubloon would have been sufficient to deal with most of the competition, but design flaws I've found in Troubloon would take those stats and make him a laughing stock. His wheels are too small and the discs too big. With that weight the gyroscopic tendencies, combined with the high weapon power I would have given Troubloon, would have made turning an absolute bitch. Plus it's kinda been established that a twin-disc design like Troubloon doesn't hit as hard as one disc alone. Oh, and no second mode of attack combined with shitty drivetrain means that if he gets tanked, it's over for him. :v: There, I've pointed out most of the flaws in Troubloon so you don't have to. :v:

Anti-Virus is rather ill-equipped to fight the current LW batch in LoRE2, but at least he can do stuff. The unfortunate thing is that I wasn't able to properly implement an anti-spinner attachment for him, so any high powered spinner will get the drop on him. It's still a better deal than Troubloon though... or I could just enter Scarab again, everyone would love that. :v:

Luna in Ruination 3 is probably not going to happen now. I wanted to get on that render, but, well, you know the recent Rhino problems I'd been having, and I was still a bit confused by Spatula's information on invertible walking systems. :/ Expect Mimete or Perseus again. Mimete, probably, I had some things I wanted to fix with Perseus but, uh... can't do that yet/now.

Everybody else is likely staying. Master of Savagery and Libra are both experiments, Cutie Honey and SZF will be rock solid as always, Mimete is also an experiment but should break even if nothing else, and Eudial <del>is damn fine</del> will probably be a glass cannon.

Beyond those two tournaments, I don't know. I guess there'll be an FRR7 in the future, or NFX's gauntlet thing. Tellu or Mass Hypnosis might go in that probable FRR7, and I have pre-rendered concepts ready for any other experimental tourney.

playzooki

Looking to the future...

Post by playzooki » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:42 pm

in the future i will render some robots and they will fail to make the playoffs

also shrek

also i will enter 3 march or die's in lore

because i couldnt decide whether to cluster them or not

That Kode Guy

Looking to the future...

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 am