ROBOTS Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

ROBOTS Spreads

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:55 pm

it's been a while since anyone did one of these and I've nothing to do but study for finals, so naturally I'd much rather do this!

favored robot underlined

<big>Featherweights:</big>

Howler II vs The Devil Inside - 65%
TDI has enough of a speed advantage to get around Howler even if it tries its showing its sides strategy, and just rip off the treads from there

Guleh vs Salamandra - 75%
[insert hubris here] :V

Tenebris vs Did Someone Say Chimichanga - 80%
if there's one thing Ice Cubed robotics knows how to do, it's stuff a spinner

Chewer vs Pennywise the Dancing Clown - 65%
As long as the clown can keep hits to its weapon it should be fine since Chewer can't damage it

Quarter to Nine vs Firebird - 75%
W E D G E

The Surgeon vs Herzeleid - 55%
honestly The surgeon stands a semi-decent chance of avoiding herz's front with that traction ratio

Hot Jalapeno&#33; vs Mudcrab - 60%
HJ's wedges don't look to be invertable (if the hinge was on the top of the wedges, maybe, but they're either behind or under since we can't see them), which means that he's even less likely to get under Mudcrab. still could pull it with aggression, but I don't think he can do quite enough with only a minor drivetrain advantage

Talons Out&#33; vs Noothgrush - 70%
melties are too easy to stop spinning, especially if she stays close to the walls again

<big>Lightweights:</big>

Disgruntled Ceiling Fan vs Dead on Arrival - 70%
same weapon, same weapon armor. one's invertable and has decent control.

Tidal Wave vs Elrathia - 70%
just realized I've been spelling Elrathia wrong and no one noticed :V . TW has the better wedge and a much tougher weapon (since elrathia doesn't get any weapon armor bonus the weapon has the body armor stat of 6), and the walker is unlikely to pull off any flanking manuevers

Reinhardt vs Tundra Fox - 55%
I may have a good deal of advantages, but I also only need to fuck up once to lose

Endless Clowns vs Savage - 65%
This'd be a repeat of last time if EC had a better wedge.

To Fry vs Spike - 85%
a lucky OOTA is the only way this goes any differently

Aerial Annihilation vs Shuriken - 60%
better control and a damaging weapon, though it's quite close and will come down to strategy

Backstab 2.5 vs Slither - 70%
I will stand by my conviction that backstab going 2WD is a free win for its opponent until proven otherwise

Arcade Queen vs Sleipnir - LOCK (100%)
AQ's wedges reach beyond its lifter and it has no ground clearance so it both gains no advantage from pressing, and stops moving when it presses. since everything else (but those tiny prongs) is static, it's easily beat by a speed demon with some hinged wedges

<big>Middleweights:</big>

Calvin vs The No Patrol - LOCK
Calvin really doesn't have a way to beat spinners

Sarge vs Safe Space - 70%
I definitely forgot about weapon armor bonuses when I ranked sarge... reasonably sarge should get under the pushy cluster half about half the time... it'll likely take any damage from the spinner on an armored area, but even that's KO range... safe space can probably take this one

Lethal Carriageway vs Corporate Interests - 75%
LC's probably not gonna be able to lift CI due to the weight bonus, seeing as how it has no outriggers on the lifter to help with that, and it'll probably have to rely too much on pressing to get under consistently
Copperhead vs Black Dog - 50%
I don't see how Black dog can get around Copperhead's drum other than luck, but then Copperhead's also more likely to end up stuck upside-down... too much here is based on chance
Neophyte Redglare vs Triple B - 75%
Triple B could get lucky and avoid the hinged wedgelets, but in the end it is uninvertable and working at a wedge disadvantage against a flipper

Glitch vs Point Blank II - 60%
assuming he doesn't murder me with a lucky axe shot, I've got every other advantage

Jaws vs Axtinguisher - 75%
when a large part of your strategy is hoping that being really thin will prevent you from getting hit, you're probably in for a bad time :V

PnATO vs Vovoka - 65%
Wolf's over-focus on the small potential for PnATO to have a bad wedge is to his own detriment, but he's still at an advantage.

<big>Heavyweights:</big>

Mercenary Captain vs Hellhound IV - 80%
MC would stand slightly more of a chance if it was invertable.

Blue Zenith vs Smack Down - 55%
this is a really weird matchup...

The Police Terror vs Terminal Velocity Classic - 70%
TPT actually out-wedges TVC, but he's unlikely to be able to capitalize

Hati & Skoll vs REX - 60%
Hati & Skoll have the potential to capitalize off of REX's armor bonus dropping body armor to 7. it means that Hati has to actually get under the walker first, though

Redemption Denied vs Coup de Grace - 80%
weapon's too large for an armor bonus so Coup can make it useless in a hit, and maybe even kill the whole machine.

The Fantastic Gyroscopic Brothers vs Death Metal - 80%
deathspinners are where mediocre clusters go to die

Malacoda vs The Four Wheeled, Six Toothed Driving Purple Robot Eater - 75%
poor control and uninvertable, and it's up against a lifter. RIP Malacoda

Chimera V vs Ricochet - 75%
this is a really tough matchup tbh
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

ROBOTS Spreads

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:30 pm

4-0 this week, I'm more than OK with that. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."