Whodunnit Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Whodunnit Power Rankings

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu May 04, 2017 7:15 am

I thought this might be fun to do, especially since this tournament has a pretty weird format. We'll rank the best robots, the teams most likely to do well based on their RP quality, and the robots highest on our RP wishlists (aside from our own robots, of course).

<big>Traditional Power Rankings</big>

1. Force Majeure (Team Mongoose): this thing will feast on all of the lightly armoured spinners and plow stackers.
2. Angry Goat II (Angry Goat Robotics): brick that will kill spinners and most other bricks.
3. Krieg (The Monsterworks): VS with feeder wedges that has 2WD, can strafe, and has perfect control. Could catch a lot of corners.
4. Morality (Tartarus Robotics Group): This has a better wedge than most of the other bricks, can resist the spinners, and can kill them.
5. Final Boss (Team Blood Gulch): Solid ultra-low bricky flipper with okay wedging capability.
6. Necroblade (Team Ignition): fast for a spinner, invertible, and with wedging ability, its low armour might hurt it against spinners, and it'll still get smothered by bricks.
7. True Hero (Team Cardboard Pony): blazing fast 2WD wedge with perfect control. However, its poor plow shape and stacked armour will hurt it.
8. GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV (Team Playzooki): Zooks' zero-effort 4 bar flipper will tank most of the spinners here effortlessly and lose to better wedges.
9. Wrecktangle (Alpha Robotics): Slippery, hard hitting, and able to hit from both sides, this will struggle to bring its relatively narrow weapon into play due to its stabilizers and lack of a wedging surface. That would probably bump it at least three spots.
10. Hit 'N Miss (Team Edgy Robotics): a self-destructive shell deathspinner. Its weapon will earn it a few wins, but it's not invertible in a field of VS and flippers.
11. Twirley-Coyote (Team Fox): With armour and weaponry strong enough to beat other spinners and really test wedges, this would be top three if it was invertible.
12. Killing Time (Aquatic Robotics): I want to rank this higher. It's innovative, invertible, and looks damned cool. However, looking at its head-to-head matchups against other spinners, it just doesn't win many based on weapon:armour ratio.
13. Orange Crush (Team Foxtrot Uniform): Non-optimized plow shape aside, this has the potential to be good, but a six point axe is simply a waste of stat points that could be better used elsewhere. As it stands now, this doesn't have the speed to smother spinners or keep up with fast wedges, nor the weapon to damage either.

<big>RP Power Rankings</big>

1. Team Mongoose - Nick's really been on top of his game lately, and I wouldn't bet against him here either.
2. Angry Goat Robotics - Gabe will still find a way to pick apart people's designs, even with the character limit.
3. Team Blood Gulch - Josh has a solid decade and a half of experience in this game, and when he has the time to dedicate to RPing, his strategies are quality. When he doesn't, though...
4. The Monsterworks - Do I give my designs too much credit sometimes? Yep, but I've caught a few people out by playing a strategic long game and using bait and switch tactics. I'm hoping to do so again.
5. Tartarus Robotics Group - Laz is a wily one. He picks apart opponents' designs well, and is good at predicting their strategies. He still has the occasional lapse, but these are fewer nowadays.
6. Team Ignition - Dylan's a genuinely good RPer...when he tries.
7. Aquatic Robotics - attackfrog's RPs are solid. Sometimes he has a bit too much faith in his designs, but he usually notices what he needs to notice, does what he needs to do, and can throw you for a loop with something unexpected.
8. Alpha Robotics - Drew's RPs tend to fixate too much on one aspect of a fight to the detriment of others, but he's usually thorough and addresses what he needs to address.
9. Team Playzooki - Zooks is consistently on point with all of the basics in his RPs, but doesn't give enough of a shit to both surprise anyone or prepare for the unconventional.
10. Team Fox - Boto seems to understand the stat system well for a new member and usually notices what he needs to notice, but not much more. His strategies won't lose him a fight very often, but they won't win it for him either.
11. Team Foxtrot Uniform - Sylandro is a lot more thorough and creative than most of the other newer members, but there are moments when one questions his interpretation of ARC's stat system.
12. Team Edgy Robotics - Jamie seems scared to RP sometimes. A bit more confidence and detail would see him jump up this list.
13. Team Cardboard Pony - Pat's RPs have gotten better. They're passable now, and there isn't a big gap between him and the rest of the field. However, he still lacks in attention to detail and taking advantage of opponents' flaws.

<big>RP Wish List</big>

1. Force Majeure: It's no secret that I love hammers, and this one is interesting in that it has a lifter as well.
2. Morality: This just looks like a fun and versatile asymmetrical cluster that has multiple strategic options.
3. Krieg: This would be number one because I think it'll be hella fun to RP with those wheels, but I'll have forever to RP with it after this tournament.
4. Necroblade: I actually rendered this, so there's a bit of homerism involved for sure, but it just looks like a fun robot to RP for both design and statwise.
5. Twirley-Coyote: It'll be exciting to RP for something so deadly but with such a critical flaw.
6. Killing Time: This just looks cool and fun. That's why it's up here. I also like the teeth idea.
7. Wrecktangle: It'll be fun to RP for, like Howler-lite, but idk how i'll deal with the small hit area and interference from the stabilizers.
8. Angry Goat II: Eight wheels, just pure brute force, and the memesiness of it all makes this more fun than you average brick.
9. Final Boss: This could be higher, because it's a legend and it should do well, but it's just not exciting.
10. Hit 'N Miss: Having that much power but only three hits until oblivion presents an interesting strategic challenge that almost makes up for having two speed and 360 degree weapon.
11. Meat Rub King: Boring except for the meme potential. At least I haven't driven a 4-bar before.
12. Orange Crush: The low power of those pointless axes will infuriate me. It also looks cool and thinking about how good it could've been will infuriate me even more.
13. True Hero: This bot would be a blast to RP for if it wasn't for having to interpret Pat's lego and cardboard model snapped with a potatocam first.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

patrickrowberry

Whodunnit Power Rankings

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu May 04, 2017 8:29 am

Traditional Power Rankings
1.Force Majeure: power axe can destroy mostly everything
2. Krieg: monster you made a monster and very little can stop it
3. orange crush; can deflect most spinners and has the axes to gain point for the judges and the few wedges in this tournament may struggle agents it
4. Final Boss: low but needs good driving for it to do well again
5.true hero: speed is the key and nothing is faster or better controlled and will be hard to take advantage is though a bit of a dark horse for some
6 Oni: only axe can stop it but the wepon is to high
7.Angry Goat II: a brick what else to say
8.GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV; yes its a meme bot but its armour means loads of spinners will struggle to damage it and that could make a lot of fights go in this robots favour
9.Morality: a cluster but his other bot had more of chance of winning weirdly
10. Wrecktangle: i fucking love this idea and would be my number if it wasn't for so many spinners
11. Necroblad: a under cutter in a filed of wedges like the idea just won't do well
12.Twirley-Coyote: tombstone but a bit to long
13..killing time: nice idea just hurts that most the competitors are built to beat machines like this
14. Hit'N'Miss; way to slow

RP Wish List:
1.GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV: i'm insane but i love begin aggressive and i already have ideas of how i can do well with it
2.Force Majeure; got want some power
3. Oni; drivign a insible machine sounds my kind of idea
4.Orange Crush: the fact is i can truly respect a idea like hit and give it a fight like no other
5.Angry Goat II: basic bitch ram may be more fun then it seems
6.Final Boss; very odd flipper chould be fun
7.Morality: double the fun double the robot
8.true hero: i love this machine but a part of me want some one to give this robot the best fight and i'm sure other could do a better job then me
9.Krieg: its so evil and i love it but i may find it hard of things to put for its strategy
10.Wrecktangle lets do soem cary thigns and this robot lets me
11.killing time; spin up not much else to do what else do i put
12. Twirley-Coyote; same as killing time
13. Necroblade: its not bad just wrong filed for it
14.Hit'N'Miss: i just don't like it (sorry jamie)

Last edited by patrickrowberry on Thu May 04, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Whodunnit Power Rankings

Post by Madman » Thu May 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Power Rankings

1. Krieg: 2WD wedge drum that can strafe and has perfect control.
2. Angry Goat II: Big hairy nasty brick. Just how they should be. Good hammer defense too.
3. Force Majeure: an axe in a field of things that have shit upper armour.
4. Final Boss: a proven top flight brick in a tournament with tons of spinners.
5. Morality: fast enough to keep up with bricks, dangerous enough and tough enough to smother and kill spinners.
6. Oni: perfect control and novel weapons will help this be competitive against both spinners and bricks.
7. Necroblade: solid undercutting Tombclone with decent speed and a wedge on the back for options.
---Above are the real contenders. Below are the also-rans---
8. True Hero: shaped badly, but the stats are good against both the spinners and the bricks. Will only struggle against FM and Morality.
9. GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV: Enough armour to laugh at almost anything in the field, but will get outdriven by bricks.
10. Orange Crush: interesting clamp/control hammer that has decent stats. The shape isn't optimal though.
11. Hit'N'Miss: kill or be killed. Mostly the latter.
12. Wrecktangle: cool idea, but its killzone is small and those supports will get in the way without helping to wedge.
13. Killing Time: Alex is right. It's a cool design but it'll lose to all of the spinners with a +4 armour bonus.
14. Twirley-Coyote: Would be arguably top 5 if it was invertible, but with all of the VS and flippers, it'll struggle.

*There's almost nothing here that's just bad. Should be a strong field&#33;

Wish List

1. Final Boss: I wanna drive a legendary brick.
2. Krieg: I like the design philosophy behind this, and it should be good.
3. Oni: This looks like fun. I like the mobility and multiple weapons.
4. Angry Goat II: just cuz.
5. Twirley-Coyote: Same reasons as Alex, really.
6. Force Majeure: The dual weapons concept is cool, and it'll probably win :P
7. Morality: I'm giving clusters a try. I'm giving them a fair try.
8. True Hero: I get to use a Pat-bot, and it's actually fast&#33;
9. Necroblade: 3edgy5u
10. GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV: Fuck yes.
11. Wrecktangle: it's like an Alex or Jules bot, but less good.
12. Hit'N'Miss: boring, but it can kill things real good.
13. Orange Crush: too slow to be a brick and too little power to be a hammer.
14. Killing Time: looks cool, but boring to drive. RP: spin2win.

*Honestly, none of these look bad. I wouldn't mind RPing for any of them.
Last edited by Madman on Fri May 05, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Whodunnit Power Rankings

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

1.Angry Goat II
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122