Whodunnit?

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Whodunnit?

Post by Madman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:10 pm

I've noticed a lot of new tournaments popping up lately, and some of them are a big deal, while some aren't. I'd like to bring something new to the table while bringing back something old.

<big><big><big>THE SCOOP</big></big></big>

A) Whodunnit will be held in the Superheavyweight division. It doesn't get much love anymore, so I'd like to throw it a bone.

B) Each entrant will provide one robot and choose a number from one to sixteen. If the number has already been chosen by somebody else, he or she may not choose it. There will be an undisclosed number of groups, and the top two from each group will qualify for the playoffs. Only the TO will know who is in each group and he will keep track of it using a hidden Challonge bracket. Entrants will be completely in the dark. Over the course of the tournament, they may be able to piece some of this together.

C) As usual, each week entrants will RP. However, it is unlikely that their RPs will be for their own robots. At the start of the week, entrants will receive a PM from the tournament organizer informing them of which robot they will be RPing for that week and which robot they will be fighting. These will be randomly selected from the pool of ten robots and are not subject to groups like the entrants themselves. Entrants will then PM their RPs to the TO by the usual Saturday midnight EST deadline and he will will make the thread and post both RPs. The writers will then write the fights based off of the posted RPs while only knowing the robots and not the RPers.

D) The four entrants (not robots&#33;) with the best records will square off in a single-eliminations playoffs. However, they will now be forced to use their own robots. At the end of it all, we will crown a Whodunnit Champion.

<big><big><big>THE GOODS</big></big></big>

A) We'll be using the standard ARC rule set, but with the saw/drill and +4 tracked robot knockback resistance rules from CBC, the multibot rules from MonkeyWrench, and the plow stacking and walker/shuffler rules from ROBOTS.

B) Melty-HS and other weapon stacking designs will not be allowed. Snakes will receive 36 points just to see if somebody is dumb enough to enter one. If your design is weird and you think that there's any chance that it may not work as intended, then contact me before entering.

C) Don't be late and don't be a douche. There will be a character limit per RP, as with RB2. However, it'll be 800 characters this time around.

D) This event will begin whenever we have sixteen finished entries. Reserving doesn't guarantee you a spot. Putting a rendered and statted bot up there does. Regardless of how many people are signed up, this event will start on May 7, 2017.

E) We'll be fighting in an arena called The Noir which is a <del>brand new, state-of-the-art, beautifully rendered custom arena</del> NARCO arena shamelessly stolen from my brother, modified, and renamed. Its layout is pictured below.

<big><big><big>THE SUSPECTS</big></big></big>

<table><tr><td>Team</td><td>Robot</td><td>Number</td><td>Type</td></tr><tr><td>The Monsterworks (The Monsterworks)</td><td>Krieg</td><td>9</td><td>Drum Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Tartarus Robotics Group (Madman)</td><td>Morality</td><td>7</td><td>Drum/Brick Cluster</td></tr><tr><td>Alpha Robotics (Wolf51-50)</td><td>Wrecktangle</td><td>8</td><td>Vertical Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Team Playzooki (playzooki)</td><td>GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV</td><td>10</td><td>4-bar Flipper</td></tr><tr><td>Team Cardboard Pony (patrickrowberry)</td><td>True Hero</td><td>1</td><td>'a very fast axe'</td></tr><tr><td>Team Ignition (Badnik96)</td><td>Necroblade</td><td>4</td><td>Horizontal Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Team Blood Gulch (NWOWWE)</td><td>Final Boss</td><td>13</td><td>RH Flipper</td></tr><tr><td>Team Edgy Robotics (Jamied666)</td><td>Hit 'n Miss</td><td>6</td><td>Full Body Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Team Foxtrot Uniform (Sylandro)</td><td>Orange Crush</td><td>2</td><td>Hammer/Clamp</td></tr><tr><td>Team Fox (Botomatic1000)</td><td>Twirley-Coyote</td><td>5</td><td>Horizontal Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Killjoy Syndicate</td><td>Skeeter</td><td>15</td><td>Puncher</td></tr><tr><td>Aquatic Robotics</td><td>Killing Time</td><td>12</td><td>Ring Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Team 57</td><td>Oni</td><td>3</td><td>Lifter/Vertical Control Spinner</td></tr><tr><td>Team Mongoose</td><td>Force Majeure</td><td>11</td><td>Axe/Lifter</td></tr><tr><td>Angry Goat Robotics</td><td>Angry Goat II</td><td>16</td><td>Brick</td></tr><tr><td>Team Obscure</td><td>Aegis</td><td>14</td><td>Overhead Thwack/Clamp</td></tr></table>
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Whodunnit?

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:44 pm

<big>Das Leben ist Krieg. Krieg ist Leben.</big>

Vorstellen...

<big><big><big>[font=felix titling]-------KRIEG-------[/font]</big></big></big>

[font=felix titling]5 speed &#124; 5 traction &#124; 1 torque &#124; 14 weapon &#124; 5 armour[/font]

Any and all of the feeder wedges are removable. The trackball wheels allow it omnidirectional movement while maintaining the benefit of 2WD. Krieg is designed to be fully invertible (though able to self-right easily using its weapon), near-impossible to high center, and able to strafe and circle-strafe its opponents, always keeping the drum pointed at them, catching corners unexpectedly, and dodging box rushes like a matador. To this end, it has a perfect control ratio, allowing it to take advantage of faster opponents' oversteer. As for the drum, it's a single piece but narrows in the middle for the belt. It's shaped to be able to better resist other spinners. In fact, Krieg has a second configuration with a heavier drum and lighter motors specifically for the purpose of tanking powerful spinners. Its stat breakdown is: 5 speed / 5 traction / 1 torque / 12 weapon / 7 armour (+2 drum), this gives it a total of 13 armour on its drum, allowing it to survive blows from legitimate deathspinners. This is a test run for this robot, and if it does well enough, you'll see it gain in CBC2. Feel free to ask me any further questions you may have.

Krieg ist die nummer neun
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Whodunnit?

Post by Madman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Sorry Thundercaller, but this thing just got seriously competitive&#33;

<big><big><big>Morality</big></big></big>

It's an asymmetrical SHW cluster, with a quick, pretty tough wedge and a reasonably strong 2WD drum with feeder wedges. Purple 'eyes' are removable, White Devil can easily kick itself back over with its drum, and Black Angel can self-right with a sudden burst of acceleration and sudden reverse, though it's weakly invertible. I accidentally erased my number when I swapped entries, but it's been at the top forever: 7.

Cluster
Black Angel: 7 speed, 6 traction, 2 torque, 9 armour (+1 front wedge)
White Devil: 4 speed, 2 traction, 1 torque, 13 weapon, 4 armour
Last edited by Madman on Thu May 04, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Wolf51-50

Whodunnit?

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:17 pm

I have no atom in my body that knows how to say no when it comes to entering tournaments :v:

Anyways

Wrecktangle

2WD near full bodied eggbeater spinner. Since most full body drums put their internals in the weapon itself, these had to go into the pod-like wheels. The wheels also have the Greed-style rubber rings on the sides, so it can drive when tipped up at an angle. The forks come in three attachments. There's the non wedging stabilizer legs which are good if you want an unblocked eggbeateramd aren't too worried about the wedges of others. If wedges are something to think about another option is the forks (3rd picture). The full wedges are just there for lulz if someone wants to then Wrecktangle into a torque reaction lifter. And no matter which way you turn it, the spinning weapon will never hit the ground, although it is quite low for a spinning weapon. Have fun trying to pick it up with that wedge without taking a hit from the colorful spinny thing in the middle.

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Weapon: 14
Armor: 6
Torque: 1

Let's go with #8 :dirk:
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Thu May 04, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

playzooki

Whodunnit?

Post by playzooki » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 pm

GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OL' RUB IV: YOUR MUM IS A WHORE: THE SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT VERSION OF THE FOURTH VERSION OF PLAYZOOKI'S MAGNUM OPUS, GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OLD RUB, FEATURING NOT ONE, BUT TWO HILARIOUS PICTURES OF AINSLEY HARRIOTT ON THE ACTUAL ROBOT ITSELF - PICK UP YOUR PALETTE KNIFE AND WORK THAT INTO YOUR MEAT, GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OLD RUB, THAT'S IT, HOT AND SPICY MEAT <big>YEAHH <big>BOIIIII</big></big>- AND TURN IT OVER, DON'T BE FRIGHTENED TO TURN IT OVER. REMEMBER, YOU WANT TO DO THIS FOR TWENTY-FOUR HOURS, MAYBE EVEN FORTY-EIGHT HOURS BUT NO LONGER OTHERWISE IT STARTS TO BREAK UP THE MEAT: ALSO FEATURING A SMALL PORTION OF THE PICTURE THAT WAS EDITED WITH PAINT.NET INSTEAD OF MSPAINT (father, forgive me for i have sinned) IN ORDER TO FIT MORE THAN ONE PICTURE OF THE MAN HIMSELF, AINSLEY HARRIOTT ONTO THE BEAUTIFUL MACHINE KNOWN AS GIVE YOUR MEAT A GOOD OLD RUB IV: NOW WITH SKIRT HINGES ON THE SIDES TO MAKE IT SORT OF LOOK LIKE THIS IS A ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SERIOUS ENTRY INTO THE TOURNAMENT KNOWN AS "WHODUNNIT?": ALSO WITH 6(66) WHEELS FOR EXTRA SATANIC GOODNESS AND A REAR HINGED FLIPPER: FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES & KNUCKLES PROFESSIONAL EDITION IN THE YEAR OF TWENTY SEVENTEEN - THE 2017 ENTRY SPOT WASTER OF THE YEAR SPECIAL VERSION (name may expand at any point without prior notice)
red part is rear hinged flipper
speed 7
traction 6
torque 3
weapon 3
armour 11

ok i couldn't be arsed to enter a real robot
Last edited by playzooki on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickrowberry

Whodunnit?

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:08 pm

-true hero ( very fast axe)

(cad version by wolf)

(the axe has a arc of 180 degress to alow it to self right and it is based of season 4 wild thing

9-Speed
9-Traction
3-Torque
7-Armour (3 for wedge)
2-Weapon Power

i pick number 1

MOD NOTE: edited it to have an embedded image instead of a link
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Sun May 07, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hooray For Lexan

Whodunnit?

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Uhh... tentatively reserving.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Whodunnit?

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:18 pm

<big><big><big>Necroblade</big></big></big>

Thanks to Alex M for rendering this for me while my computer is AWOL

4WD undercutter (think Snijmachine) with a removable hinged wedge at the back. fully invertible

Speed: 6
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5
Traction: 4

i choose number 4
Last edited by Badnik96 on Sun May 07, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Whodunnit?

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Reverend Green in the Billiard Room with the Lead Pipe.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Whodunnit?

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:08 am

Final Boss

Everyone's favorite SHW flipper makes another appearance&#33; Dig that 4WD and hinged skirting all around&#33;

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Armor: 10
Weapon: 4

NUMBER 13
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Jamied666

Whodunnit?

Post by Jamied666 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:14 am

TEAM EDGY ROBOTICS? YES TEAM EDGY ROBOTICS

Stats: Armour, 6(+2 with shell). Weapon, 17. Speed, 2. Traction, 2, Torque, 1.

Hit'N'Miss is a robot with a custom made shell. It has 8 teeth and has a self righting bar. Independent drive with grippy wheels (there are magnets in the wheels) Number 6 3edgy2me
Last edited by Jamied666 on Thu May 04, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Whodunnit?

Post by winternimbus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:38 pm

You know the drill by now.

--

Orange Crush

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5 (3 for the hammers, 3 for the lifter)
Armor: 10

What do you mean this is similar to Klarinette? Uses magnetic tracks, the hammers have pointy ends to easily punch holes in your bot, and are on a very fast motor. Built like a tank, too. The hammers both fire at the same time.

Also, picking the number 8. ::::)
Last edited by winternimbus on Thu May 04, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Whodunnit?

Post by Botomatic1000 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Team Fox are back and its time to put one of our finest Lawnmower Motors to the test....
Twirley-Coyote
Weapon: 15
Armour: 8
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Whats this Ethan? A Coyote bigger than a Wolf&#33;?&#33; Yes it is this ones no puppy with a bar that size. powered by a Lawnmower for extra speed and ACME value its one of are older bots. no shrimech unfortunately due to how big the motor and weapon is.
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

Killjoy

Whodunnit?

Post by Killjoy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:56 am

What's in the Box?
hi. :)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Whodunnit?

Post by attackfrog » Wed May 03, 2017 9:19 pm

<hr />
Killing Time is a 4WD invertible ring spinner. But where are the teeth?

That's right, there are no teeth&#33; Instead there are spring-loaded flails that come out as the ring gets up to speed. Like Expulsion from Robot Wars, only... functional.

TinkerCAD Model: https://tinkercad.com/things/avXJKlBeYZV

Stats:
  • Speed 5
  • Torque 1
  • Traction 4
  • Armor 6
  • Weapon 14
Edit: Put me down for number 12
Last edited by attackfrog on Thu May 04, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.