ROBOTS discussion page

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:29 am

should probably toss in a more public thanks to Hiicantpk and Wolf 51-50 for being willing to pick up the slack from the writers who had to flake out for various reasons. Really appreciate their help.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by winternimbus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 pm

legit surprised that redglare is winning things, wish AQ and merc could do the same
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 pm

All done for this week. Here's hoping DOA can win again in particular, I really don't want it to end up becoming the one straggler after all the time spent with making and refining it.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Your winner, by an 11-4 Judges
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Try driving forewards :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 26 2017, 12:55 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Your winner, by an 11-4 Judges
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 26 2017, 12:55 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Your winner, by an 11-4 Judges
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Beating Tidal Wave is no small task I would think. It's one of the better drumbots on the forum

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Yeah... I suppose in retrospect, it's more to do with bad strategy than bad design. If I try some more traditional drum strategies, hopefully that might help more.

Anyway, that's all mine up for the week. I'm seeing it either going very well, or very badly.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Bah. Damn tombsclones, it's like sometimes you can tank them enough to win, and at others, they just eat you alive.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Venice Queen

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Axtingusher vs Glitch</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Glitch is doing a good job at keeping Axtinguisher in front of him and continues to get under and hit Axtinguisher upward. However, Axtinguisher, despite being slightly damaged, still has power in that axe. After missing a couple more times, it manages to hit the hump[/quote]

this feels incredibly inconsistent - wolf, could you clarify how this went on. as of now it appears that either a)he hit me with the hammer while I was flipping him with the spinner, or b) I suddenly stopped attacking to make sure to be fair and give him a chance to hit me.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Winning all the other fights this week though, very satisfied with that&#33; Got another win for DOA, amd I'm very pleasantly surprised to have won against Glitch and Endless Clowns in particular, thought I'd have been stomped by them for sure.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 3 2017, 08:35 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Axtingusher vs Glitch</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Glitch is doing a good job at keeping Axtinguisher in front of him and continues to get under and hit Axtinguisher upward. However, Axtinguisher, despite being slightly damaged, still has power in that axe. After missing a couple more times, it manages to hit the hump[/quote]

this feels incredibly inconsistent - wolf, could you clarify how this went on. as of now it appears that either a)he hit me with the hammer while I was flipping him with the spinner, or b) I suddenly stopped attacking to make sure to be fair and give him a chance to hit me. [/quote]Despite having the speed advantage (which wasn't really enough to drive out of harm's way every time imo as the writer), I guess I could have clarified this a bit more. There was definitely some damage taken from that weapon to weapon hit, and Glitch seemed to take the worst of it with only 8 armor on the disc. It was also enough to damage the lifter, which was now scraping on the ground a little more than it should. Basically stuck pressing, which is why it still got under consistently, but it also cost what was left of it's drivetrain advantage. So basically, you tried to get away, but Axtinguisher had enough of an opening to get that axe hit.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by attackfrog » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:01 pm

The Four Wheeled, Six Toothed Driving Purple Robot eater is turning into my most successful robot so far&#33; I always hope for the best, but I didn't expect this one of all my robots to be the standout. I'm looking forward to seeing how far it can go.

Venice Queen

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Jul 3 2017, 09:01 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 3 2017, 08:35 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Axtingusher vs Glitch</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Glitch is doing a good job at keeping Axtinguisher in front of him and continues to get under and hit Axtinguisher upward. However, Axtinguisher, despite being slightly damaged, still has power in that axe. After missing a couple more times, it manages to hit the hump[/quote]

this feels incredibly inconsistent - wolf, could you clarify how this went on. as of now it appears that either a)he hit me with the hammer while I was flipping him with the spinner, or b) I suddenly stopped attacking to make sure to be fair and give him a chance to hit me. [/quote]Despite having the speed advantage (which wasn't really enough to drive out of harm's way every time imo as the writer), I guess I could have clarified this a bit more. There was definitely some damage taken from that weapon to weapon hit, and Glitch seemed to take the worst of it with only 8 armor on the disc. It was also enough to damage the lifter, which was now scraping on the ground a little more than it should. Basically stuck pressing, which is why it still got under consistently, but it also cost what was left of it's drivetrain advantage. So basically, you tried to get away, but Axtinguisher had enough of an opening to get that axe hit.[/quote]that doesn't clarify anything, actually. not only is it idiotic for me to try and back off from a hammer that I'm getting underneath consistently, but I specifically said to be aggressive in my RP, which makes that sort of move make even less sense.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122