Robot bastards Prediction Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:48 am

Usual Disclaimer: I have been often proven wrong, and am not saying these as anything other than my opinion on the matter. if you don't like what I say, go out there and make me eat my words!

~~now edited to include the rest of the robots. if siphai enters in the 11th hour I'm not editing him in cuz I'm lazy.~~

italics indicate dark horse picks

Lightweights - sooo many wedges. So naturally the guys that enter a 2WD wedge are at a hella advantage over everyone else :P

1.No Clearance
Last edited by Venice Queen on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 am

lw

1-Exotherm
2-Redline
3-Jesus Built My Hotrod
4-blue
5-Not So Evil Engine
6-Firebrand
7-Backstab 2
8-D.U.D.E
9-Apathy & Lethargy
10-Frogbot
11-Zombie Killer
12- Meanstreak
13-Bunx
14- dead
15-Eat Me
16- Wedge Trimmer
17-Pooky The Lawnmower
18-Endless Clowns
19-Wingspan
20-Entity 303
21-The Storm

mw

1-plain as butter
2-Precise Saunter
3-Hei
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Maybe I'll edit in reasons. dunno
Also didn't include Account's bots cause they aren't in the signups yet, same deal with Tiki Dude

LW
1.Redline
2.Zombie Killer
3.Frogbot
4.Entity 303
5.Firebrand
6.Backstab 2
7.Eat Me
8.Endless Clowns
9.Wingspan
10.dead
11.Apathy & Lethargy
12.Not So Evil Engine
13.Bunx
14.Jesus Built My Hotrod* (Could do well but really matchup dependant)
15.Exotherm
16.Wedge Trimmer
17.Dude
18.Meanstreak
19.Blue
20.The Storm
21.Pooky the Lawnmower

MW
1.Hoarfrost
2.Whipcoil
3.The Green Hornet
4.Pterodactyl
5.Hei
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 pm

here's the lightweights, will do the others later

(to rank these, i matched up all the robots against each other, and sorted them from most favorable matchups to least. however, it's my belief that anyone can win with the right strategy)

No Clearance - I fucking love this thing and I don't think it has a single unfavorable matchup in the weight class - its design is perfect to combat wedges and it has that nasty plow for the spinners. If ACCount can RP this thing well it'll be a bitch to fight.
Firebrand - I call BS on that armor bonus. It's fast, it's under control, and it has a giant ass plow with enough armor to say "fuck you" to any spinner that ends up in its path. However, if it gets flipped, it's fucked.
Redline - Almost as fast as Firebrand, and some nice wedge options to battle the field. Not many problems here.
Frogbot - The long flipper and quick speed means it'll be tough for a lot of robots to approach it, and it has enough armor to have a decent chance against spinners.
Zombie Killer - It's a well-statted brick. Nothing to see here.
Backstab 2 - Ditto.
Exotherm - This new trend of 4WD brick-VS interests me. You can consider Exotherm and Endless Clowns tied for this spot.
Endless Clowns - It's basically Exotherm, but the optional lifter arms gives Clowns a few different strengths and weaknesses against the rest of the cast.
Dead - Generic undercutter with a solid driver at the helm. Should do decent enough.
Not So Evil Engine #9 - A well-statted flipper bot. If it's driven well enough it could be a contender. Bit boxy for my tastes though.
Dr. P - Another solid design here, the lifter and hammers should have good synergy. It is a bit slow and low-armored though, we'll see if Alex can mitigate that in his RPs.
Eat Me - I seriously don't know about this thing. It could seriously boss around a good number of robots in the field if driven well enough, and it's such an odd robot that I think a lot of people will have difficulty RPing against it. We'll see I guess.
Jesus Built My Hotrod - It'll rape every other generic wedgebot, but even Pooky can kill this thing before it dies. It's as glass cannon of a wedge as you can get.
D.U.D.E. - It's a bit slow, but there's quite a few robots in the class vulnerable to being flipped, and it has enough torque to take advantage of an inverted wedge. Could be a threat if people don't take it seriously.
Apathy & Lethargy - Apollo had twins! Again, they're pretty slow for the class, but they have decent enough stats to hang with the pack for a few weeks I think. Making playoffs is another story, though...
Entity 303 - Would be solid, but it has no torque! That's a pretty glaring weakness for this thing, imo.
Bunx - Solid enough full body spinner, but with no backup weapon and no way to self-right it just doesn't have the muscle it needs to win I feel.
Wingspan - Again, it's a decent enough spinner, but it'll struggle to break through a lot of the armor in this class.
Wedge Trimmer - Once more, a low-power spinner without enough backup options to succeed. Its lack of true invertability will also hurt it.
Meanstreak - Not enough weapon or armor to do much. It's a cool design, though, and its drive train is solid enough where it could get some surprise wins if Charles drives it well enough.
The Storm - A clusterbot with one decent half (the flipper) and one half that will struggle to do anything at all. 8 weapon just does not cut it. Remember how badly RC did?
Pooky the Lawnmower - If you can survive two hits, you will beat this thing.
Blue - It's narrow with a flipper design that means it'll tip forward if it tries to flip anything. It also only has 6 armor, which is a death sentence against spinners. It definitely isn't the worst robot Pat's brought to the table but it is horribly outclassed here.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Not gonna rank, just gonna do some thoughts if that's cool.

Lightweights:

Eat Me: I have no idea how this thing is going to do. It could win, but it could also crash and burn.

Exotherm: Great design and great RPer. This is #1 in my Elite 8.

Redline: This is like Bad Attitude but cooler looking. This is #2 in my Elite 8.

Blue: Solid lifter, but the armor worries me.

Jesus: Solid design and peppy, but the lack of armor is worrying.

Zombie Killer: Proven design with a solid RPer. Pencil this one in as #3 in the Elite 8.

Backstab 2: This is my darkhorse bot. I think it could do pretty good.

Wingspan: Very compact design and statted great. This one could make a good push for the playoffs.

Endless Clowns: Lack of armor is going to be it's downfall but that weapon is scary.

Apathy and Lethargy: Cool multibots, but I don't see them doing much of anything.

Meanstreak: fast with a big weapon. Could compete for a playoff spot.

Entity 303: Simple design but I like it. #4 in the Elite 8.

Wedge Trimmer: The concept is awesome, but it's gonna have a hard time with several of the bricks. Probably a playoff contender if things go it's way.

Ball Lightning: The spinner will only damage a few people, but the flipper could help out. Will be midpack, but could make some noise.

Bunx: I like this spinner. Will be able to kill many bots, and inflict damage on many of the bricks. #5 in the Elite 8.

Firebrand: This reminds me of a real bot but I can't place it. Either way, I like it and it's #6 in the Elite 8.

DUDE: It could be sneaky competitive, but I don't think it's going to make much noise. Will probably be somewhere in the 10-15 range when all is said and done.

Not So Evil Engine #9: Statted well and will be able to take hits. A rookie gets my #7 spot in the Elite 8.

Pooky the Lawnmower: This thing is going to fuck shit up but I don't know how effective it will be after that 1st hit. Could be a darkhorse for the playoffs.

No Clearance: Awesome design and well statted. This is #8 in the Elite 8.

Frogbot: Cool design but will struggle against other bricks and the spinners.

Dead: Big ass blade. Could be a darkhorse if Playzooki plays his cards right.

Dr. P: Another playoff contender. Solid design.

Essentially, I think that 4-8 bots will be in contention for the last 3 playoff spots depending on how things shake out.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:15 pm

And here I was thinking that Apathy and Lethargy had pretty decent drive for clusterbots. :/
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 3 2017, 04:15 PM</dd></dl><div>And here I was thinking that Apathy and Lethargy had pretty decent drive for clusterbots. :/[/quote]Under usual circumstances I'd agree, but there's like, 7 robots at or above 9 speed in lightweight :/
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 3 2017, 06:09 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 3 2017, 04:15 PM</dd></dl><div>And here I was thinking that Apathy and Lethargy had pretty decent drive for clusterbots. :/[/quote]Under usual circumstances I'd agree, but there's like, 7 robots at or above 9 speed in lightweight :/[/quote]Looks that way. I didn't really get a lot of time to check out the competitors in great detail when I was doing the stats, so I underestimated how many of the guys had given their robots speed along the lines of a rocket-powered cheetah.

Still, the fact there's two of my robots as opposed to just one and they're still fairly decent at pushing and getting about and not getting caught on the rough floor like the pressy lifters will be is handy, so hopefully they can still do alright and maybe make the Playoffs with some luck. That'd be cool.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Thats more or less why I swapped out Design Team, although Idk if Bunx is gonna do any better
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57