Robot Bastards 2: The New Era - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:05 pm

woo, i won against HWR!

gg
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:14 pm

My heavyweights are doomed to failure :v:

still, two surprise wins elsewhere make up for that nicely
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:07 pm

GO JESUS :v:

All my bots are 1-1 so far, which is broadly as I'd expected.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 pm

See, this is why there's no trust in the writers and people write fucking novels. I always include a 'don't do anything fucking stupid' disclaimer in my RP, which covers brainlessly driving into hazards and forgetting how to angle in effectively without being matadored when I have a 2 speed and 3 goddamn traction advantage (which seems to mean basically nothing anymore. I decided to forego it this time and put some trust in the writers to assume that I wouldn't drive like a dumb shit. Guess I learned my lesson.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:47 am

Very happy with Precise Saunter's win, I didn't quite expect it butI guess the major improvement from PS's previous version is paying off quite well. Shame for Methane and Wingspan, they fought some tough opposistion. 1-2 I can live with that, but I'm hoping PS can keep up his winning form.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:42 pm

And the rest of the fights went well, too! Nice to see RITD take the win by knockout after the setback it had last week with RP length limits, and that Trump ex Machina fight...

...let's just say that was some fucking gold, right there. XD
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Madman

Post by Madman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I'm happy that seven speed on a spinner was actually written as seven speed and Meanstreak got the win, and Hellhound did what Hellhound does without any drama. It's just that WTF Hoarfrost decision that sours what otherwise is a pretty good week for my team.

Lots of bad decisions this week. Maybe the writers are stressed and rushing it. IDK. I could write a fight or two if we need backup.

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Yet to Fight
Retired
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Madman</dt><dd>Mar 5 2017, 10:37 PM</dd></dl><div>See, this is why there's no trust in the writers and people write fucking novels. I always include a 'don't do anything fucking stupid' disclaimer in my RP, which covers brainlessly driving into hazards and forgetting how to angle in effectively without being matadored when I have a 2 speed and 3 goddamn traction advantage (which seems to mean basically nothing anymore. I decided to forego it this time and put some trust in the writers to assume that I wouldn't drive like a dumb shit. Guess I learned my lesson.[/quote]See, it's shit like this. This is why I'm glad that I'm officially retiring from writing soon :v: Imo, you need at least a minimum advantage of 3 speed and 2 traction. Even with that, to expect for a bot to successfully flank at every given moment because it has ALL OF THE SPEED is a bit too high of an expectation. I also agree with Gabe about how even with high traction, it's nearly impossible to drive a speed demon with perfect control. If it's really that important to you man, then you might as well get on your knees and beg for a rewrite that probably wont happen. Shitting on the floor doesn't really help with it, but you're welcome to try :v: I don't think the lesson here is to lose trust in the writers,but to know that were all human here and might make mistakes now and then, and to just simply know how to take losses whenever they happen. My bad if I'm sounding blunt, but I think I have a reason to be atm. <small><small><small><small><small><small><small><small><small><small>that and I was stuck in a car for five hours straight today :P </small></small></small></small></small></small></small></small></small></small>
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Mar 6 2017, 12:06 AM</dd></dl><div> I also agree with Gabe about how even with high traction, it's nearly impossible to drive a speed demon with perfect control.[/quote]first I've heard of me saying that

also dude, way overboard really. absolutely no need to escalate the situation.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:07 am

Are we really going to start this up again about the cons of me voicing my opinion? Please...just don't. At least not this time

In other news, looks like Backstab is taking on Redline. That'll be fun :P

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:00 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Mar 6 2017, 02:07 AM</dd></dl><div>Are we really going to start this up again about the cons of me voicing my opinion? Please...just don't. At least not this time[/quote]Oh don't you even fucking start trying to defend bitching at someone (with a rightful complaint, no less) when you aren't even brave enough to be on writing staff any more
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Madman

Post by Madman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:01 am

y so srs Drue?

It was a bad decision. Cue the applause. I told y'all why and what it caused. I'm over it: pieced together my peace. Ain't nobody rang the behaviour police... You can iron out wrinkles ironically, but you're just making more. Fam, leave it be. Selfishly self-righteously self affirming, pious fires burnin. It's so concernin he's so determined to burn off the chip that he carries around. Won't budge. Never buries a grudge in the ground. Parries hard truths, harries others to soothe that voice in his head that says 'you ain't shit, dude.'

Yet to Fight
Retired
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:11 pm

That's only one of the many reasons that I'm not writing anymore. I could go on and on about it (but you don't need to know about that shit. It's not like you would believe me anyway :v: ) You really want to start this up again, don't you? Hell, I nearly got banned the last time I got into an argument like this. I'm not doing it if this is going to actually get me banned this time. Unless my life depends on it, or you give me a damn good reason why I should, I'm not writing for this shit anymore. I'm done. I don't see what's so hard about me not writing because I feel that I'm not up to writing endless paragraphs and getting into stupid fights about Pallas' plow. All that it was doing was getting me into trouble

Madman

Post by Madman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:05 pm

You're kind of missing the point...

1) Bitching at other people for bitching (with a pretty legitimate concern) is some shaky ground, especially when it's another writer's fight and you're doing it to say how you don't wanna write anymore because I'm being a bad little doggo.

2) In most cases, it's not other people who start the fights you've had on here. You either step into other people's business by voicing your opinion in a holier-than-thou or provocative way (like in my case), or you bring them into it (like with Gabe just now) and then feel attacked and respond with a passive-aggressive victimization complex when they ask you not to bring them in or dare to not bow down and simply accept the wisdom that you're dropping on them.

3) You fully have the right to 'voice [your] opinion' in a public forum, but guess what? People also have the right to voice theirs in return, especially if you're being critical of them. Ya, you might not like it, but it's really rarely a personal attack unless you decide to see it as one. The thing is, much as you may try to play it off (and will probably deny it), it seems like you do that a lot. Just ease up man.

4) Writing's stressful. That's why I almost never do it. That, and people don't trust me because I'm a shit (or at least I play the part of one for kicks). Do you see me giving a fuck about how I'm perceived? Care less, dude.

EZ

Yet to Fight
Retired
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Mar 6 2017, 11:00 AM</dd></dl><div>when you aren't even brave enough to be on writing staff any more[/quote]Since when did being on the writing staff require bravery? :v:
Last edited by playzooki on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.