Official Cherry Bomb Classic Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Ah, that sucks. Thoughts on them so far, though?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:57 pm

people are not happy that i was causing a delay :3 XD

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Love the designs he has, but those spinning weapons are severely underpowered. He's probably going to need at least 12 weapon to do anything effective
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:00 pm

who?

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Sorry, couldn't think of the names. Lawn Mower and Yeager. Spinning weapons need a lot of power to be effective. Otherwise the blade stops, and you end up like M.O.E. from S3 of Battlebots

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Ah XD
Well thanks for saying my designs are cool :P
I'll keep that in mind for next time. Right now though this is more of a test to see how I turn out :P

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:31 pm

No you seriously should fix your stats for this one. All your robots are so poorly statted that I doubt they'll win much.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:31 pm

I just need to wait to see where my bots are placed in the rankings now ^^

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:42 pm

You're allowed to fix your stats at this time. Do it while you can

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:51 pm

I already updated them with the help of GF93

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

there
I've changed them up and sorted them out. Do they meet your satisfaction now?

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Yep. Looks good. 14 powered double bar spinner? Yikes

Peskius

Post by Peskius » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:25 am

Hehe
I'm here to f#@& s#&@ up! XD

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:53 am

On the topic of Circuit Breaker's corners, that's just it. It can taunt the spinners with its sharp corners, and then shove the plow in their face. I know, I can't design to save my life :v:

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:07 am

<big>Tag Team Power Rankings</big>

Featherweight
In general, this is a really strong division, with six teams that have a legitimate shot to win it and the remaining two at least solid.

1. Howler II & Xerxes: awesome team synergy with a blazingly fast control flipper and slippery deathspinner.
2. Salamandra & Torque Dirty 2 Me: great team synergy again with a top-notch brick and unique damage/control based design.
3. Heretic & Drop Zone: a second spinner and brick team, but the spinner is a bit flimsy, and the brick only has a hinged wedge.
4. Hot Coffee&#33; & Feathergo 2: another spinner + brick, but the spinner doesn't have a lot of pop and the brick is weakly invertible.
5. Backstab & Moonraker: one to tank the spinners and another to control the bricks. This team is a legitimate dark horse.
6. Capitol Punishment & Redneck Alimony Payment: both the clamper and horizontal spinner look awkward but should work well together.
7. To Fry or To Fly & Teacup Tempest: The former looks a bit too sluggish, and the latter is a bit of a mystery.
8. Kamikaze Squad & Tyrian: neither melty-brain spinner is all that convincing, and the lack of options may hurt this team.

Lightweight
Most teams in this division lack in synergy, but make up for it with sheer power or toughness. There are few clear favourites here.

1. No Exit & Tidal Wave: the only team that really works well together: a tough flipper and a good drum spinner.
2. Mordor & The Debilitator: if for no other reason than sheer power, this team will be a tough out.
3. Sleipnir & Whack Attack: A brick to tank 'em, and a spinner to spank 'em.
4. Vesta & Exotherm: Both of these bots will do solid damage, but will struggle against even stronger damage-based designs.
5. Psychotic Brick & Dat Pup: This team will not lose to spinners/hammers, and will not win against anything else.
6. Translaytor 2 & Invertigo: similar to team #2, just lacking the scary knockout power.
7. Phobos Anomaly & RC2: All of these cute little guys will get destroyed by anything with a weapon.
8. Spy vs. Spy & Mecha-mouse: lots of underpowered spinners here.

Middleweight
This is a really strong and really competitive division with great team synergy. At least six teams have a legitimate shot at winning.

1. Ultraviolence & Thrashcoil: a really strong clamper and a melty-hs deathspinner. That's a match made in heaven.
2. Crash Blossom & Seadevil: another strong clamper and multi-weaponed freak.
3. Harbinger & Visual Assault: a lack of damage-dealing ability hurts an otherwise really strong duo.
4. Rake Against the Machine & Rainbow in the Dark: dustpan and horizontal spinner. The lack of armour is worrying.
5. DUDE & Precise Saunter: a different sort of synergy, but should still be a solid contender. This class' dark horse.
6. Bunker Buster & Jaws: a flipper and another flipper/clamper. Not sure how well they'll work together, but both solid.
7. Galileo's Voyager & Minion Madness: through sheer swarming, the multibot should tee up opponents for GV's big but awkward weapons.
8. DJ Dust-T & Flip City Remix: these two are going to struggle against both spinners and bricks.

Heavyweight
This is generally a bit of an underwhelming division, with few teams having great synergy or two-bot quality.

1. Broken Ghost & 36: top shelf control bot and a reasonably balanced deathspinner.
2. Starstruck & Hellfire: powerful spinner with no srimech and a powerful flipper that can right it.
3. Turbolulz & Catcher in the Rye: decent clamper + slow but murderous deathspinner.
4. Pallas & Baron K. Roolenstien: all the control, and not much else.
5. Bastille & Gamma Ray: if they both work as intended, this'll be brilliant. Unfortunately, at least one of them won't work.
6. Book of Carnage & Bass Drop II: I'm not sure how effective either will be, but they would work well together.
7. Terminal Velocity Classic & Laceration: The former needs to team with a control bot, and the latter's weapon is unconvincing.
8. Reggie & FN2: The Second One: At least one of these bots isn't going to work as intended, and the other may be underwhelming.

Superheavyweight
Lots of big hitters and weapon-based designs here. I'd say that there are about 6 teams that'll contend.

1. Viluy II & Ceres: A good vertical spinner and a good flipping brick. This is the only team that really focused on role fulfillment.
2. Euphoberia Ferox & Red Snake of Death: It is going to be really easy for these two murderously powerful snakes to tag in and out.
3. Steelvor & Snakebite Surgeon: A solid British-style flipper and a horizontal spinner from a good designer. These'll do well.
4. It & Noise (Through the Apt. Wall): all power and no subtlety. No synergy, but these are both strong machines.
5. Uridium & Lifter 2: the first to spank, the second to tank. Neither of these wows, but they should work well as a team.
6. Atomic Doom & Endgame: Insane power, no synergy, no drive trains. They'll either destroy things or get tanked and isolated.
7. Pegasus Device & Nah Man, Don't Put Your Hand in That: a two crusher team? Now I've seen it all.
8. Triceratops & Stevomobile: I'm just not sure how well the latter is going to work.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!