FRR: Backlash Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 am

In which people can predict the outcomes of each match if they so wish. I had a lot of free time today :v:

LIGHTWEIGHTS
Tidal Wave vs. Blackrose
I'd be worried about the weapon-to-armor ratio if Blackrose's plow wasn't as smooth as it is. still, it'll be pretty close

Blackrose - 65%
Icepick Lobotomy vs. Cheatbot
equal speed, and Cheatbot's not gonna be doing much to IL, whose axe can do some serious damage to Cheatbot

Icepick Lobotomy - 80%
Tormenter vs. Frequency
Unless tormentor gets a 1 in a million shot on the motor (which is more likely for him than the other hammers, due to the length of his weapon), this is going one way quickly

Frequency - 90%
Rainbow Crash vs. Rosebud
neither half of that cluster has enough traction to pose a major threat to any half-decent robot

Rosebud - 95%
Venice Queen vs. Tortoise
if Tortoise had 7-ish speed, this would have been a worrying match for me... as it is, he just can't keep up

Venice Queen - 85%
Zadkiel vs. Public Enemies
This is a very good chance to see how well Noisy Giraffe RPs. the benefit of a cluster is in being able to swarm your opponent, avoiding their weapon. Zadkiel is a tried-and-true great spinner design, driven very well. giving him the edge because it'll be an uphill battle for Public Enemies, but it's doable, and I'd like to see it done

Zadkiel - 55%
O'Malley vs. Pelican
alright, time to find out how much I over-exaggerated the issue of Pelican's length :v: its stat spread is very solid, if a bit slow, so it still does have a decent chance here. meanwhile, we've got the also kinda thin O'malley in the other corner. goodness, I don't know what to make of this :P .

O'malley - 51%
Mineswept Away vs. Skate
I'm interested to see the attachment combination Mark puts on Mineswept Away here... also very interested to see what exactly it is that Skate does. let's give the tried-and-true design the edge early-on though

Mineswept Away - 60%
The Smiler vs. Powerdrive Jr.
The Smiler's slower than I'd like, but it won't matter much in this match

The Smiler - 85%
Promethean Fire vs. Pyrite
Jesus Pyrite is good

Pyrite - 80%
Veto vs. Game Over
why did you lower Game Over's speed :v: ... still, makes it a bit more solid of a design overall. this will be a good test of it's ability to stand up to spinners, but of course it's against the evilist of them all :P

Veto - 65%

MIDDLEWEIGHTS:
Thunder vs. Metal 2
sooner or later Metal 2's gonna get corraled into Thunder's scoopy things, and then shoved under a hazard or onto a wall

Thunder - 70%
Clown Breath vs. D.U.D.E.
DUDE: not a bad design, really needs better stats. Clown Breath: a world of hurt. and a lucky flip is unlikely with that big ol' dustpan

Clown breath - 85%
Remi vs. Depth Charge II
Remi doesn't have the speed or weapon power it needs to be a threat in this match

Depth Charge - 75%
Whipcoil vs. T and T
On the off-chance I can get around his plow, I could do decently, and I mean, there are two of me with which to contend. but it's still probably not gonna happen :P

Whipcoil - 75%
Om Nom Nomster vs. Lyra
the only thing Om has going for it is that it's as fast as Lyra. I guess he could experiment with bringing the wedge into play?

Lyra - 90%
Buzz Cut vs. Lethal Carriageway
ahh, here's that brick vs Spinner action I was missing. LC has what it needs here to take down the flat monstrosity.

Lethal Carriageway - 75%
Juno vs. Crusader
huh, one of the few matches where I don't have to worry about Juno's range :P

Juno - 75%
Y-Combat vs. Defiance
Brad is a cheap bastard!

Defiance - 85%
Charybdis vs. Royale
Charybdis might actually be able to get up to speed before Royale gets over to him, and one hit's all he'll need to do a helluva lot of damage to Royale

Charybdis - 65%
Furious Redemption vs. Pterodactyl
Convince me that Furious Redemption's teeth can catch on things first :P

Pterodactyl - 80%
March or Die vs. Caesium
This is going to be incredibly close. MOD has the speed and wedging advantage, Caesium has the rear-hinged flipper, and better stability in 4WD... argh

EVEN ODDS

HEAVYWEIGHTS:
Loadout vs. Smilodon
two new drivers with creative designs, going at it in the first week. is this <del>chanukah</del> christmas? :P Smilodon might have better speed, but I think Loadout's lifter is lower, and its hammer can actually damage Smilodon a bit

Loadout - 55%
Bass Drop vs. Pursuit
Zoom zoom zoom

Pursuit - 75%
Golden Blaze vs. Morbid
Golden Blaze can't be immobilized easily, and Morbid's armor isn't gonna stand up to Golden blaze for the whole match

Golden Blaze - 70%
Compound Fracture vs. Infrared
Touro vs Original Sin anyone? :P CF's speed advantage is so low that I think he's gonna have trouble keeping control over Infrared - plus the drum forces him to choose between a proper anti-spinner wedge that doesn't work when flipped, and his more vulnerable normal design

Infrared - 60%
Annihilation vs. Rainbow Dasher
hell if I can remember the new self-damage rules. pretty much a toss-up

EVEN ODDS
Cloak & Dagger vs. Escape Plan
Cloak and dagger is actually faster than escape plan. the swarming is gonna be fuckin real here

Cloak and Dagger - 85%
Klarinette vs. Dr. Feelgood
it's just gonna be too easy for Klarinette to gain and keep control here... and Dr Feelgood can't even pierce her

Klarinette - 80%
Landkreuzer P1000 vs. Hypothermia
Landkreuzer's wedge might be shit, but hypothermia can't control him or wedge him

Landkreuzer P1000 - 90%
Chimera vs. Tellu
Now this should be interesting, and I think that the outcome of this match hinges largely on who you think has the better wedge. that and how Kody plays out his hand in the strategy

EVEN ODDS
Undertow vs. Sparkster
Undertow'll have problems righting itself, its wedge probably isn't as good as Sparkster's due to its ass shield, and he has a speed disadvantage. really shouldn't've entered an anti-spinner design into a class with three spinners :P

Sparkster - 85%
The Arbiter vs. Halberd
tougher, faster, and wedg-ier than Halberd, The Arbiter should be able to control the match by flipping his opponent into oblivion. still, Halberd should put up a decent fight

The Arbiter - 70%

SUPER-HEAVYWEIGHTS:
The Pegasus Device vs. Danger Noodle
DN and PD have the same speed, so DN is unlikely to get around the 12 armored lifting wedge of PD. so uh, yeah. eating my prediction words already :v:

Pegasus Device - 65%
Hysteria vs. Midnight Pathos
maybe if Hysteria's speed was half decent

Midnight Pathos - 95%
Chemical Explosion vs. Montgomery Yellow Jesus
Jesus's front armor is 11, and Chemical explosion's only gonna last for 5 hits. Playzooki would have to really try hard to fuck this one up :P

Montgomery Yellow Jesus - 90%
Uppercut V2 vs. Driger Slash
Driger slashe's bi-directional spinners will have trouble catching and flinging Uppercut, and they're pretty darned weak - his 10 armor should be able to withstand the 12 weaponed rings.

Uppercut V2 - 75%
Airtime Extreme vs. Allahu Akbar
you just need to make sure he hits you on a flat surface, and you'll be good

Airtime Extreme - 90%
Dat Dog 2 vs. Archetype
Archetype can't even hurt Dat Dog XD. why does it have that much armor&#33;?... Archetype could go the wedge rout, but I think DD's is better. if anyone can pull off the win here it'd be Kody, but it's still an uphill battle

Dat Dog - 65%
Sundown Ranger vs. D'Artagnan
The Swerve Drive could serve D'Artagnan well here, letting him dance around SR. well, except they have the same speed, so I'm gonna put my trust in SR's wedge and simpler drivetrain

Sundown Ranger - 70%
Fourth Horseman vs. Bloodlust
Time to see if that sacrificial armor works. I have no faith in it as of yet, especially with Bloodlust hovering around 1HKO territory if he gets a good shot on FH

Bloodlust - 75%
In the Red Square Minion vs. Terminal Velocity
You'd think it'd be a bad match-up for minion, but it really isn't. sure, he can't use the spinner, but his wedge is better than Terminal velocity's, who has next to no ground clearance anyway

In the Red Square... Minion&#33; - 60%
Final Boss vs. Mega Plowdozer
Final boss is just so much lower, and his wedges so much better. it'll be a close fight, but I don't see it going Plowdozer's way

Final Boss - 80%
Captain N.R.K. vs. Khnum
Khnum is built to control, not damage, so the fact that Captain N.R.K. is functionally indestructible doesn't mean much to me. still, his spinner isn't to be underestimated. should be close, should be fun

Khnum - 60%
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu May 19, 2016 1:14 am

Week 1 predictions (LW/MW ready, other classes tomorrow. Tired.):

LW:
Tidal Wave vs. Blackrose - Going to come down to whether BlackRose fucks up and lets me bend its prongs/shovel up or get a side/rear hit. I vote on myself
55% Tidal Wave

Icepick Lobotomy vs. Cheatbot - Cheatbot has a tought fight here. IL's front wedge should keep the drum at bay while it pokes holes through Cheatbot's top armour.
80% Icepick Lobotomy

Tormenter vs. Frequency - Could go either way, but if Tormenter gets a lucky axe hit on Frequency's weapon motor, things could go south real quick.
50% Split

Rainbow Crash vs. Rosebud - Rosebud is going to swat away both multibots with its lifter, assuming they stay in control long enough to get near it.
85% Rosebud

Venice Queen vs. Tortoise - Venice Queen is just too damn fast, I don't think Tortoise will be able to get a flip off even with that sensor.
80% Venice Queen

Zadkiel vs. Public Enemies - Remember Chino vs Station to Station? Thats kinda how I see this going, except Public Enemies may not turn into pinballs every time they are hit.
70% Zadkiel

O'Malley vs. Pelican - Pelican is too long for its own good, and idk if Attackfrog will even show up.
80% O'Malley

Mineswept Away vs. Skate - Mineswept is going to take some damage, but if he can stop Skate from spinning up, he can get control of the match and keep skate from getting back to speed.
55% Mineswept

The Smiler vs. Powerdrive Jr. - I don't see a way for Powerdrive to win this other than a lucky flip/
80% Smiler

Promethean Fire vs. Pyrite - Mismatch
90% Pyrite

Veto vs. Game Over - Can't really clamp onto an overhead spinner.
85% Veto

MW:
Thunder vs. Metal 2 - Thunder can't do much to Metal 2 other than push it around once it gets caught in Thunder's wierdly shaped crescent thing, and Metal 2 can't control itself enough to hit Thunder's corners and do some damage. Either way, its pretty much a clownfest.
65% Thunder

Clown Breath vs. D.U.D.E. - You need a lucky flip to take down Clown Breath, and hes not just gonna roll into Dude's dustpan and allow himself to be flipped.
85% Clown Breath

Remi vs. Depth Charge II - Neither bot can really damage eachother, so its just gonna be Depth Charge flipping me around the whole match.
65% Depth Charge

Whipcoil vs. T and T - Whipcoil is too fast for T&T to get around to the wheels or less armoured bits.
75% Whipcoil

Om Nom Nomster vs. Lyra - Pony bullshit aside, I don't really see much Nomster can do to Lyra. 9 Armour to 10 Weapon
75% Lyra

Buzz Cut vs. Lethal Carriageway - LC might take some damage, but overall he should be able to control Buzz Cut thoughout the match.
70% Lethal Carriageway

Juno vs. Crusader - A discount version of Remi vs whatever the fuck Juno is. Whoever gets the first body hit is probably gonna win. Juno has more reach so...
60% Juno

Y-Combat vs. Defiance - Fuck Defiance
90% Defiance

Charybdis vs. Royale - The two wheeled four toothed spinning blue-ish robot eater is going to take a bite out of that french Big Mac.
75%Charybdis

Furious Redemption vs. Pterodactyl - Pterodactyl is fast enough and well armoured enough to get under FR and flip it before it can cause real damage. Repeatedly.
70% Pterodactyl

March or Die vs. Caesium - This one is gonna be close, but I prefer rear-hinged over front hinged in flipper vs flipper matches.
55% Caesium

HW:
Loadout vs. Smilodon

Bass Drop vs. Pursuit

Golden Blaze vs. Morbid

Compound Fracture vs. Infra Red

Chimera vs. Tellu

Undertow vs. Sparkster

The Arbiter vs. Halberd

SHW:

Dat Dog 2 vs. Archetype

Captain N.R.K. vs. Khnum
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Thu May 19, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 am

3 A.M. BS-analysis part 2: Electric Boogaloo

WEEK 1

<big>LW:</big>

Tidal Wave vs. Blackrose
In spinner vs spinner killer matchups, I'll always bet spinner killer.
70%

So are we going to acknowledge that Cheatbot has ovals for wheels?
90%

Tormentor vs. Frequency
Can't be bothered to check their stats at the moment, but Tormentor has the right weapon to take on a motor-on-top spinner.
55%

Traction is nice.
90%

GOTTA GO FAST.
90%

I don't see swarm tactics working too well this time.
60%

O'Malley vs. Pelican
Is too long.
80%

Mineswept Away vs. Skate
Going for the wildcard here. Skate is cool.
55%

Gonna need a lucky flip to win this one, TBR. Not impossible, but far from guaranteed.
75%

Maybe if PF was a horizontal spinner.
90%

Veto vs. Game Over
Clamps don't have a great record against spinners.
85%

<big>MW:</big>

Thunder vs. Metal 2
GOTTA GO TOO FAST.
95%

Delicious dustpan.
85%

Remi vs. Depth Charge II
Not enough weapon power.
90%

Whipcoil vs. T and T
Too slow to pull off swarming very well against Whipcoil, plus there's the plow to worry about.
90%

Om Nom Nomster vs. Lyra
If he uses his wedge, he's got a good shot at winning.
55%

He's got the armor... kinda. Might be higher than I remember but it's late so I'm too tired to check.
60%

Juno vs. Crusader
I'm not sure what the hell is happening.
60%

Y-Combat vs. Defiance
Parts will fly. Hopefully not mine.
90%

Charybdis vs. Royale
Oh boy this is a strange fight. I'm guessing the drum will flip Charybdis around before he can do any real damage but you never know.
65%

No bite.
95%

March or Die vs. Caesium
Wedge.
70%

<big>HW:</big>

Loadout vs. Smilodon
The bar is a good spacing tool at least.
60%

Bass Drop vs. Pursuit
Could surprise me, but I think Pursuit has this under control.
70%

Golden Blaze vs. Morbid
I don't think Morbid has quite enough armor for this.
75%

Getting some serious Original Sin vibes from CF, which is cool and all except for that bit about drums being able to toss it around.
55%

Dammit.
55%

Yeah, he's a bit too fast. Not unwinnable for me but it's an uphill battle for sure.
80%

The doctor's stats don't have me convinced it can do a whole lot this fight, let alone this tournament.
95%

This thing has armor, right?
75%

Chimera vs. Tellu
Better drivetrain.
80%

Undertow vs. Sparkster
Whatever happens, bots will fly.
65%

The Arbiter vs. Halberd
More flips&#33;
75%

<big>SHW:</big>

Huh. Turns out DN's odd shape might actually hurt it in this fight.
60%

I don't know, Hysteria is just... odd.
80%

It shoots fire&#33; It also has decent armor.
95%

Not enough weapon for a ring spinner.
95%

This is really hard to screw up.
95%

Dat Dog 2 vs. Archetype
Don't feel like doing a proper analysis, this just looks right at a glance I guess.
70%

If the swerve drive is played well, the wedge problem won't be too bad.
55%

Am I the only person who believes in the sacrificial armor?
75%

Wedge.
90%

I BELIEVE IN THE TORQUE ADVANTAGE.
55%

Captain N.R.K. vs. Khnum
Built to kill spinners.
85%
poopity scoop

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri May 20, 2016 4:25 am

<big>LW:</big>

Tidal Wave vs. BlackRose
BlackRose can ignore front hits and has a big speed and control advantage. However, there is the danger of TW bouncing off a wall and somehow hitting the side of BlackRose, which could turn the fight around with BR's weak chassis armor.

BlackRose 80%

His drum might be a threat if he gets to my side, but he'll still need many of those hits to KO and we have the same speed/traction. OTOH, I only need to get a few hits and his bot doesn't really have a way of stopping me getting them (like a hinged wedge or high speed).

Icepick Lobotomy 60%

Tormentor vs. Frequency
Eesh... In theory hammers can counter motor-on-top overheads. Problem is, Frequency has a very long bar and I'm not sure Tormentor can reach the motor without taking multiple big hits to jam it into the wall. This is a problem because 15 wep vs. 9 armor on Tormentor's front wedge means it will die pretty fast. Also, 9 weapon armor on the hammer means if he hits anything BUT the weapon motor while Frequency is spinning the hammer will almost certainly be rendered useless. Tormentor basically only has one shot.

Frequency 90%

One half of the multibot is barely controllable, the other is uncontrollable. Rosebud can outspeed the lifter and drive off it with ease. This match will be a derpfest, but it will probably mostly be Rosebud chasing and pushing multibots around.

Rosebud 90%

JESUS ITS SO FAST

Venice Queen 75%

Public Enemies don't have great turning control and their wedges have sharp sides. All Zadkiel has to do is play it safe: one direct hit to the corner will tear a wedge off - at that point that part of PE can't do anything aggressive if it wants to not die, and even one dead or crippled multibot will probably get Zadkiel the JD.

Zadkiel 75%

O'Malley vs. Pelican
God they're both so long and awkward. Pelican will definitely do well, but its sides are steep enough that it could get badly damaged by a side hit, and there' a good chance of it losing a wheel followed by the match.

O'Malley 60%

Mineswept Away vs. Skate
The hinged single wedge or plow will both stand up to Skate fairly well, but I don't think they can take a full 3 minutes of abuse.

Skate 70%

PDJ basically has to hope Smiler pulls a Tornado Mer.

The Smiler 80%

PF is too slow for a vertical spinner, and Pyrite has amazing armor. PF's one advantage is that one false move by Pyrite will bring its hammer down onto PF's spinner and get at least one of the tubes cut in half, but I don't think it will matter because Pyrite will completely control the match.

Pyrite 95%

Veto vs. Game Over
Game Over can take a few hits from Veto, but I don't think it can last 3 minutes and it doesn't have any effective way of scoring a KO besides Veto flipping itself.

Veto 85%

<big>MW:</big>

Thunder vs. Metal 2

This fight needs popcorn, Benny Hill music, and possibly vodka. I'm unclear whether Metal 2 can self-right. If it can't it will pull a mauler and die. If not, this will be 3 minutes of Thunder chasing Metal 2 around while Metal 2 speeds around the arena banging into walls. Occasionally Metal 2 will hit Thunder 2 or the sloped sides and pull a mauler. Thunder will win by virtue of match control aggression with the hammer, and BEING ABLE TO FRIGGIN CONTROL THE ROBOT.

Thunder 95%

This one's actually interesting. It doesn't look like Clown Breath can self-right. Now, I think three things can happen. One, Clown Breath tears DUDE's pontoons to shreds but in the process is slowed down, rammed into the wall, and flipper. Two, Clown Breath tears DUDE's pontoons to shreds, knocks the bots apart, and then moves on to the body. Three, DUDE is actually too low for Clown Breath to his, and it smashes Clown Breath into the wall, then flips it. I think scenario 2 is most likely though.

Clown Breath 55%

Remi vs. Depth Charge II
Remi doesn't have speed, control, weapon power, or even a wedge on its side. I don't really see what it can even do here.

Depth Charge II 95%

WhipCoil vs. T&T
Okay, WhipCoil can definitely stuff T&T's blows with the rear plow, and it has a huge drivetrain advantage. Problem is, I doubt it will be able to take the time to flip one of the goats with its clamp arms without the other coming up from behind and fatally goring it. These are both great drivers, but Badnik can't afford to make a single mistake because every part of his bot that isn't the plow could be eviscerated by T&T.

T&T 60%

Om Nom Monster vs. Lyra
ONM's weapon lacks... to be honest, any redeeming qualities. It can do zilch to Lyra. Its drivetrain and rear wedge mean it can actually hold its own, but it's gonna be getting flipped a lot.

Lyra 65%

Yeah, LC is basically going to push Buzz Cut all over the arena. Buzz Cut also has abysmal ground clearance, so it risks being high-centered.

Lethal Carriageway 80%

Juno vs. Crusader
Umm... they're probably gonna go weapon-to-weapon because they'll both destroy each other's wedges. Crusader wins weapon-to-weapon overall, but Juno's faster and has a chance at hitting Crusader's corners.

Juno 55%

Y-Combat vs. Defiance
Well, shit. I don't see ANYTHING Y-Combat can do. Defiance is all either weapon or skirts and can survive a lucky shot, and even going weapon-to-weapon Y-Combat will get annhilated in a few hits. Jesus Christ Cha0sFerret&#33;

Defiance 99%

Charybdis Royale
COME ON GUYS THE SPINUP ISN'T THAT SLOW. A drum spinner will have difficulty getting solid hits on something besides Charybdis's teeth, and even at partial speed gyro effects will make it hard to flip. Also Royale has nice big, juicy corners.

Charybdis 70%

So, Pterodactyl doesn't really have much to grab onto, and its wedge will nope FR's hits. Also, while RD can self-right it's also pretty tall. Against Pterodactyl I'm betting it gets flipped at least twice, and that will give Pterodactyl aggression and strategy points.

March or Die vs. Caesium
They're pretty evenly matched, but March or Die is slightly faster. Also, FRONT-HINGED PRIDE ARENA-WIDE.

March or Die 55%

HW:

Loadout vs. Smilodon
Looks like Loadout might outrange Smilodon with the forks and send it flying. And I still don't think Smilodon's weapon will be effective. However, its speed and maneuverability will still give Loadout a run for its money.

Loadout 55%

Bass Drop vs. Pursuit
Pursuit is very fast and well-controlled. Bass Drop is a pain in the ass to control. However, Bass Drop can do a lot of damage with one good hit, so it could still pull of a win.

Pursuit 70%

Golden Blaze vs. Morbid
Unless Morbid somehow gets Golden Blaze high-centered, it's kinda screwed.

Golden Blaze 80%

You guys are all comparing this to Touro Maximus vs. Original Sin, but it's not really like that. First of all, Touro Maximus has small, sharp anti-wedge skids under its drum, which Infra Red doesn't have. This is actually HUGE. Touro Maximus can actually get underneath wedges with a frontal attack - without this ability Infra Red will have to either go for side attacks or use its own wedge, neither of which is particularly reliable. Second, this arena has powerful hazards, which generally goes to the non-spinner's advantage, and Infra Red doesn't have amazing armor. I think IR's main advantage is that Spatula is a great driver - it will be interesting to see what strategy he uses.

Compound Fracture 60%

Annhilation vs. The Rainbow Dasher
TRD's design means it's very likely to take a corner shot and get obliterated.

Annhilation 80%

Cloak and Dagger vs. Escape Plan
Wow, battle of the robots with the names of TF2 weapons. Anyway, I think the swarm tactics have it here, especially since they're actually faster.

Cloak and Dagger 75%

Dr. Feelgood is basically a clampbot with 2 traction in this matchup thanks to Klarinette's armor. So, GG.

Klarinette 90%

LandKreuzer vs. Hypothermia
Here's what'll happen. LandKreuzer will ride up on Hypothermia's skirts, get its on wedge caught in the seam of Hypothermia's turret, and it will just keep on pushing. Meanwhile Hypothermia can't do bupkiss because Landkreuzer is friggin indestructible.

LandKreuzer 80%

Chimera vs. Tellu
Jesus... they're both quick and maneuverable, but I think at some point Tellu has to get in a lucky hit on the weaker parts of Chimera's top, and that will likely be decisive.

Tellu 60%

Undertow vs. Sparkster
Long, slow, wheels at the back, lots of weight behind wheels and none of the wedge... UnderTow is not controlling this battle.

Sparkster 85%

The Arbiter vs. Halberd
Arbiter is very fast and wedgey, armor should survive since Halberd probably won't get in that many hits.

Arbiter 70%

<big>SHW:</big>

Pegasus Device vs. Danger Noodle

Umm... honestly I have no idea. Both bots will have a LOT of trouble attacking each other.

EVEN ODDS

OH GOD HYSTERIA IS SO SLOW

Midnight Pathos 80%

Yeah... CE can't take its own hits and MYJ can.

Montgomery Yellow Jesus 99%.

Driger slash can do SOME damage with corner hits, but not much. Also, counter-rotating weapons mean no help from gyro forces. It will spend a large portion of the match airborne, coining, or something else silly.

Uppercut V2 75%

Airtime Extreme vs. Allahu Ackbar
Honestly, like... how do you screw this up?

Airtime Extreme 95%

Dat Dog 2 vs. Archetype
What can Archetype even DO? Its weapon can't do anything but flip, it's outspeed, and will easily get wedged and pushed.

Dat Dog 2 95%

Whoever hits first wins. Nice top armor, guys. Sundown Ranger is slightly faster, but its traction is bad, and D'Artagnan has the swerve drive. Still, could go either way.

D'Artagnan 65%

Spaced armor will survive 1 hit, and only to the sides. I don't think Brian has a way of KOing, so he's eventually gonna get ripped to bits.

Bloodlust 95%

Minion vs. Terminal Velocity
Minion's getting shoved around all match.

Terminal Velocity 90%

Yeah, I think Final Boss's lower wedge probably gives it the win.

Final Boss 65%

Captain N.R.K. vs. Khnum
Khnum can probably last 3 minutes, and its sheer speed means it has a good chance of keeping the Captain from spinning up.

Khnum 70%

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Mon May 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Time for Week 2&#33;

<big>Lightweights:</big>

Tidal Wave vs. Icepick Lobotomy: Lol it's my robot. This could go either way. Tidal Wave is slightly faster, but 6 speed to 3 traction could be trouble against IL's front-wheel drive design. Either robot could get a KO very quickly with a solid chassis blow, but I think IL will have a slightly easier time getting a hit in.

Icepick Lobotomy 60%

Tormentor vs. Blackrose: Yes, Blackrose is fast, but Tormentor only needs one good hit, and can potentially get it in a front-front approach. On the other hand, Tormentor has very weak armor on most of its body, and could end up getting KOed or cripple by the arena hazards.

Tormentor 55%

Rainbow Crash vs. Cheatbot:

Rainbow Crash doesn't have the control to use swarm tactics effectively, and they aren't very well armored, so Cheatbot could do some damage.

Cheatbot 70%

Venice Queen vs. Frequency: Venice Queen will most likely dominate most of the fight. Its front can absorb Frequency's hits pretty well and it's incredible speed and power will be very hard to deal with. Frequency might get a lucky shot, but it's also likely to spend half the match flailing around upside-down, or even get its weapon motor taken out by the pulverizers.

Venice Queen 80%

Veto vs. Rosebud:

Actually, I'm not sure Rosebud can take 3 full minutes of Veto's weapon. It'll have to rely on a flip, and Veto's own weapon should knock it away, plus Rosebud's lifter is slow enough it'll likely need a wall pin.

Veto 65%

Zadkiel vs. O'Malley: Wait, those were two separate robots? :v: Anyway, Zadkiel is quicker and more maneuverable, but with the robots' shapes I don't think it's enough to get a bodyshot, which Zad kinda needs, because in weapon-to-weapon contact it's 2-4 O'Malley's favor.

O'Malley 70%

Mineswept Away vs. Public Enemies: Mineswept Away is a pretty good matchup for Public Enemies; it may have higher traction, but they're even in speed and PE has the swarm tactics. However, this is assuming Noisey ACTUALLY SHOWS UP, which he failed to do last round despite having an ENTIRE EXTRA WEEK to RP.

Public Enemies 60%

The Smiler vs. Pelican: Yeah, Pelican got the snot knocked out of it by O'Malley, and Smiler has a stronger weapon. Pelican might manage to flip it, but one corner hit and it's likely toast.

The Smiler 75%

Promethean Fire vs. Skate: For once, PF has a speed advantage. Now, if Promethean Fire manages to line up a DEAD CENTER solid hit, it may be able to do something like rip Skate's pickaxe off. But if it does anything else it will get torn to pieces by said pickaxe.

Skate 80%

Game Over vs. Powerdrive Jr: Powerdrive can control matches with its blades, but not do too much damage, and in this case Game Over's speed advantage will make it better at controlling matches.

Game Over 75%

Tortoise vs. Pyrite: Tortoise doesn't have the speed, the wedge, or the powerful weaponry to deal with Pyrite.

Pyrite 85%

Thunder vs. Clown Breath: Ordinarily, Clown Breath might be vulnerable to a hammer going through its spinning cage and crushing the weapon motor/engine, which would be awesome if Thunder had a hammer instead of a glorified feather duster. Other things Thunder lacks: steering, armor, non-sharp corners, driver.

<big>
Middleweights:
</big>

Clown Breath 90%

Remi vs. Metal 2: 10 speed, 1 traction, 11 weapon... I'm not sure what else I can write.

Remi 99%

Whipcoil vs. D.U.D.E: This could be close, but I think Whipcoil is just too fast...

Whipcoil 65%

Om Nom Nomster vs. Depth Charge II: ONN's weapon isn't going to do <del>much</del> anything, and Depth Charge has the speed advantage and probably a better wedge.

Depth Charge II 80%

March or Die vs. T&T: Swarm tactics won't do much here: March or Die's front can definitely take hits from either twin, and unlike Whipcoil its weaponry allows it to very quickly zoom across the arena and pick one of the twins off. No Srimech is a huge weakness for T&T here.

March or Die 90%

Buzz Cut vs. Juno: Juno can't take hits - even the weapon will be worn down over time - and its speed isn't enough to reliably get a side impact on Buzz Cut.

Buzz Cut 70%

Y-Combat vs. Lethal Carriageway: LC's got the speed and the durability. Exposed corners could be problematic, but it kinda depends on driving.

Lethal Carriageway 65%

Charybdis vs. Crusader: My bot lol. Last match Charybdis did lose after an unfortunate accident with the wall followed by the pulverizers, but it also disabled Royale's weapon in the first hit. Unless something dumb happens like high-centering myself on the wedge wall or being bad at running away and getting flipped repeatedly, I think Charybdis's sheer destructive power can take the match.

Charybdis 60%

Furious Redemption vs. Defiance: AAAHAHAHA. Defiance is frigging OBNOXIOUS to fight with a horizontal spinner - FR can barely scratch it but Defiance will disintegrate the weapon in one hit and the rest of the robot in a couple more.

Defiance 95%

Caesium vs. Royale: Royale can do a little damage, but getting corner hits will be hard, and it's at a big drivetrain disadvantage even with omni wheels. It could spend half the match self-righting, or even get KOed by high-centering or the hazards.

Caesium 65%

Lyra vs. Pterodactyl: Ptero is faster, Lyra is better-controlled, both are pretty wedgey and flippey and hazard-proof. Honestly I don't even know.

Pterodactyl 51%
<big>
Heavyweights:
</big>

Loadout vs. Bass Drop: Evenly matched in speed, Loadout has a little better traction and the flipping forks. However, Bass Drop really only needs one solid hit.

Bass Drop 70%

Golden Blaze vs. Smilodon: Smilodon has mediocre armor and a lot of pokey bits that will be vulnerable to an HS. Even the weapon bar could get bent and jammed. The only thing it can really do is spam the tail/keepaway bar, or try to high-center GB2016 on the wall.

Golden Blaze 80%

Compound Fracture vs. Pursuit: Lol, it's my robot. I have a chance, but Pursuit is just so darned fast...

Pursuit 60%

Annhilation vs. Morbid: Okay, I'm really questioning whether Morbid can survive five hits from this thing, but Annhilation could easily waste 2-3 of them by hockeypucking into walls.

Morbid 55%

The Arbiter vs. Infra Red: Infra Red vs. Compound Fracture was close, but Arbiter is also extremely obnoxious for drumbots to face, and its wheels are protected. IR's only real advantage is that it might be able to force Arbiter to waste time repeatedly self-righting.

The Arbiter 75%

Cloak and Dagger vs. Klarinette: It's one really fast wedge/lifter vs. two, and even if one half of C&D gets high-centered the other half can help it out.

Cloak and Dagger 70%

LandKreuzer P1000 vs. Escape Plan:
FRONT HINGED PRIDE

Escape Plan 60%

Chimera vs. Doctor Feelgood: Feelgood has very poor control, is outsped, and its weapon can't do significant damage.

Chimera 85%

Undertow vs. Hypothermia: This could be interesting. Hypothermia can't do MUCH damage, but it can keep putting scratches and dents into Undertow's armor, and while Undertow does have a control advantage its long chassis partially negates this.

Hypothermia 60%

Halberd vs. Tellu: Two hammers, both can one-shot, Tellu is faster.

Tellu 70%

Rainbow Dasher vs. Sparkster: Similar stats, but RD is extremely vulnerable to arena hazards and Sparkster isn't. That'll be crucial.

Sparkster 75%

<big>
Superheavyweights:
</big>

Pegasus Device vs. Hysteria: Hysteria's a little slower and could take damage from TPD's crusher.

The Pegasus Device 60%

Uppercut V2 vs. Danger Noodle: Lol, my robot. Uppercut is faster, but doesn't have great control, and there isn't that much of Danger Noodle's sides to get around. Danger Noodle will definitely cause damage, and can punt Uppercut around, while Uppercut doesn't have a whole lot of options since a flipper won't do that much to a full body drum.

Danger Noodle 60%

Airtime Extreme vs. Driger Slash: Basically Uppercut V2 vs. Driger Slash, but with more flying.

Airtime Extreme 90%

Chemical Explosion vs. Midnight Pathos: MP ought to be able to survive 5 hits especially with the walls involved, after which there's really nothing Chemical Explosion can do against it.

Midnight Pathos 80%

Captain N.R.K. vs. Montgomery Yellow Jesus: I hope the Captain likes the arena walls, because he's gonna be spending a lot of quality time with them.

MYJ 75%

Dat Dog 2 vs. Sundown Ranger: JFC, the armor on that thing. Sundown Ranger can try fighting as a wedgebot, but its traction isn't great, and it'll probably get shoved around even if it can keep its front forward.

Dat Dog 2 80%

Fourth Horseman vs. Archetype: The one place Fourth Horseman doesn't have spaced armor is in the front - you know, right where it needs to get hit to use its flipper. It's gonna be a good fight, but without OOTAs in this arena I don't think Brian can make his bot survive for three minutes against Archetype's deadly drum.

Archetype 70%

Minion vs. D'Artagnan: This could be interesting: Minion's faster, but has limited control and DA is swerve-drive. Minion will shred DA's wedge in a couple hits, but DA only needs one, and I think it might be able to reach right over Minion's drum and cave in the top of its chassis.

D'Artagnan 65%

Final Boss vs. Bloodlust: Final Boss can definitely take a few hits, and fling Bloodlust around a lot. Ordinarily I wouldn't say it can survive three full minutes, but it can use the back and possibly the side skirts, each of which can survive at least a little while.

Final Boss 60%

Khnum vs. Terminal Velocity: Khnum is obscenely fast and I think its wedges are lower.

Khum 70%

Allahu Ackbar vs. Mega Plowdozer: I mean, what exactly can Mega Plowdozer do to LOSE if it doesn't drive like a jackass and ram its corner into AA?

Mega Plowdozer 99%

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 20 2016, 04:25 AM</dd></dl><div>Dat Dog 2 vs. Archetype
What can Archetype even DO? Its weapon can't do anything but flip, it's outspeed, and will easily get wedged and pushed.

Dat Dog 2 95%[/quote]:dawg:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue May 31, 2016 12:23 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HotDealsInTexas</dt><dd>May 30 2016, 11:57 PM</dd></dl><div>plus Rosebud's lifter is slow enough it'll likely need a wall pin.[/quote]TIL 5 power lifters are considered slow.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 31, 2016 12:37 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>HDiT</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>which would be awesome if Thunder had a hammer instead of a glorified feather duster. Other things Thunder lacks: steering, armor, non-sharp corners, driver.[/quote]

‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 31, 2016 1:58 am

moar&#33;

LW:
Tidal Wave vs. Icepick Lobotomy

Honestly, I think he's gonna try to hit TW with the hammer, and then that drum is gonna shear the shaft right off

Tidal Wave - 60%

Tormentor vs. Blackrose

If Blackrose was slower, this would be a shoe-in for Tormentor. as it is, she'll still have to be veeery cautious, because one hit from Tormentor could KO her

Blackrose - 55%

Rainbow Crash vs. Cheatbot

none of these robots have good stat spreads, but both parts of RC could flip over Cheatbot in the right circumstances, and Cheatbot will struggle to get under the madman's clusterbot

Rainbow Crash - 60%

Venice Queen vs. Frequency

as long as I keep my plow facing him. God help me if I don't

Venice Queen - 70%

Veto vs. Rosebud

If Cuddle Time&#33; could survive against Frequency and Eudial with its 10 armor plow, Rosebud will do just fine with a 10 armored entire body

Rosebud - 75%

Zadkiel vs. O'Malley

O'malley has better weapon, and that means more to me here than the slightly better control that Zads has. still, Lian could find a way to put it to his advantage...

O'malley - 55%

Mineswept Away vs. Public Enemies

with their even speed, Public Enemies has a great chance to win this. if noisey giraffe shows up.

Public Enemies - 65% (80% without the driver absence making me uncertain)

The Smiler vs. Pelican

well if O'malley can make such easy work of Pelican, he'll have even more trouble against a spinner with a larger radius

The Smiler - 85%

Promethean Fire vs. Skate

Skate actually has enough armor to take a hit or two from PF before he really starts feeling the hurt

Skate - 65%

Game Over vs. Powerdrive Jr

Game Over can just avoid Powerdrive's weapon

Game Over - 70%

Tortoise vs. Pyrite

I'm like 80% sure that Pyrite's wedge still works OK upside down, so as long as that's the case he'll be fine

Pyrite - 80%

MW:
Thunder vs. Clown Breath

pointy corners + short weak hammer = owie time

Clown Breath - smells bad

Remi vs. Metal 2

lol metal's weapon is so low that Remi can withstand a few hits before having to worry too much. oh yeah and it's also uncontrollable, and can be KOed with a flip

Remi - 85%

Whipcoil vs. D.U.D.E.

Whipcoil can press to get under DUDE. combine that with the speed advantage he has that forces DUDE onto the defensive in this match, and, well....

Whipcoil - 75%

Om Nom Nomster vs. Depth Charge II

erm....

Depth Charge II - LOCK

March or Die vs. T and T

Front hinged flippers are harder to land a flip with, and horizontal gyroscopic forces mean that my cluster will not be easy to topple anyway. all that being said, I'm still probably going to lose :v:

March or Die - 75%

Buzz Cut vs. Juno

I was gonna say something clever about weapon reach, but my mind somehow went this rout: weapons don't kill robots, robots kill robots. so yeah. interpret that in reference to the arbritary percentage I put after the robot I pick to win :v:

Buzz cut - 75%

Y-Combat vs. Lethal Carriageway

Y-combat's compact design lends it an advantage when it's fighting brick-ey designs - having the wheels closer to the disc and a smaller weapon relative to the chassis size lets it keep its front facing its opponent more easily. of course, LC has 11 armor and a good driver behind it, so the brick still gets the early advantage here. expect this one to be good, though.

Lethal Carriageway - 65%

Charybdis vs. Crusader

Crusader will have the same issue Royale had of not catching up to Cbd before it can get up to speed

Charybdis - 60%

Furious Redemption vs. Defiance

there is no way I see FR coming out on top

Defiance - LOCK

Caesium vs. Royale

I don't think those front supports on Royale are hinged...

Caesium - 80%

Lyra vs. Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl's speed and pressing advantages will be key here

Pterodactyl - 65%

HW:
Loadout vs. Bass Drop

Bass drop threatens a KO, Loadout doesn't. though he could get up to some clever tricks with the lifter, perhaps?

Bass Drop - 75%

Golden Blaze vs. Smilodon

let's see how well that whole strategy of using the bar as a disruption weapon plays out... as it is though, I like GB's weapon-to-armor advantage

Golden Blaze - 65%

Compound Fracture vs. Pursuit

Pursuit only has 2 speed over CF, and no active weapon, so it's not like this is a shoe-in. what it is, however, is an uphill battle

Pursuit - 70%

Annihilation vs. Morbid

actually if Annihilation gets lucky and hits Morbid in the right places it has a half-decent chance. as it is, it'll probably be a double KO on the third hit that he loses on aggression

Morbid - 70%

The Arbiter vs. Infrared

I would not suggest firing a flipper into a spinning drum. Infrared also keeps up with The Arbiter fairly well. also, can we acknowledge that infrared is 1 word, not two :v:

Infrared - 60%

Cloak & Dagger vs. Klarinette

Cloak & dagger are the same speed as Klarinette.

Cloak and Dagger - 80%

Landkreuzer P1000 vs. Escape Plan

erm, yeah, he's gonna need one. or a shutout in the aggression category

Escape Plan - 75%

Chimera vs. Dr. Feelgood

dat control tho

Chimera - 75%

Undertow vs. Hypothermia

Undertow's speed is just ever so lacking. he has no choice but to get hit by the hammer if he wants to attacks. although the hammer won't actually do much, except over time.

Hypothermia - 55%

Halberd vs. Tellu

Range matters

Halberd - 55%

Rainbow Dasher vs. Sparkster

Sparkster has a couple things going for it in this match - better wedge, flipper vs lifter, and better armor for resilience against hazard damage

Sparkster - 70%

SHW:
The Pegasus Device vs. Hysteria

PD actually has a speed advantage? and he's not facing a spinner? RIP

Pegasus Device - 80%

Uppercut V2 vs. Danger Noodle

the noodle&#33; it danger&#33;

Danger noodle - 65%

Airtime Extreme vs. Driger Slash

Speed advantage, only two weapon over his armor... erm....yeah...

Airtime Extreme - 85%

Chemical Explosion vs. Midnight Pathos

I'd expect Pathos to be able to win this regardless of whether or not CE killed itself in 5 hits

Midnight Pathos - 90%

Captain N.R.K. vs. Montgomery Yellow Jesus

brick vs indestructible spinner means that the brick will just win on aggression

Montgomery Yellow Jesus - 75%

Dat Dog 2 vs. Sundown Ranger

now here's an interesting one. obviously SR's potential for damaging DD is nil, but that hammer could still be a clamp. though he'll have to get around Dat Dog's wedge, which I think is better than his - this is possible though, Dat Dog's turning definitely leaves something to be desired.

Dat Dog - 55%

Fourth Horseman vs. Archetype

Not quite enough armor to take on spinners effectively

Archetype - 85%

In the Red Square Minion vs. D'Artagnan

actually... their speed is near equal - offset by the swerve drive, and ITRSM's armor is pretty dang low. still gotta get by that disc. or just whack it
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Breaking news: Person with shit robots and motivational problems doesn't rp for a week. :(
Last edited by Noisy on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:01 pm

I have nothing productive to do, so time for spreads
Lightweights:

Tidal Wave vs. Tormentor
Tormentor has the stats to tank a hit or two and then get the game-ending axe blow in

Tormentor - 65%

Rainbow Crash vs. Icepick Lobotomy
Just like swatting mosquitoes

Icepick Lobotomy - 75%

Venice Queen vs. Blackrose
I really didn't want to face him... erm, I should have the speed to angle in, which is gonna be vital for me here

Venice Queen - 55%

Veto vs. Cheatbot
RIP in pieces

Veto - 90%

Tortoise vs. Rosebud
hey&#33; that's a cheat code&#33;

Rosebud - 80%

Zadkiel vs. Mineswept Away
Mineswept away's plows lack the ability to easily get underneath things (they're nigh flat, so Zadkiel's wedge can probably get underneath it), and he only has 9 armor, so Zads can really start grinding away at him over time

Zadkiel - 75%

The Smiler vs. O'Malley
I still don't understand why overhead spinners beat undercutters, but it always seems to happen :v:

The smiler - 60%

Promethean Fire vs. Public Enemies
one hit will do a pretty good job of anihilating one half of the cluster, though if their tactics are on point, they might just be able to pull off the victory

Promethean fire - 60%

Game Over vs. Pelican
long lifty-clampy thing vs wider lifty/clampy thing

Game over - 75%

Pyrite vs. Powerdrive Jr.
pretty sure Pyrite has the better wedge, and that would have been Powerdrive's saving grace

Pyrite - 95%

Frequency vs. Skate
I can't believe that I'm deciding a fight between two 360* spinners based on maneuverability :v:

Frequency - 60%

Middleweights:

Thunder vs. Remi
well, actually, Thunder can take remi's hits pretty well, and his static wedges will still get under the drum (and probably the plow too TBH, it has nearly no lip to it). plus there's a bit of a speed advantage on his side

Thunder - 55%

Whipcoil vs. Clown Breath
Whipcoil almost beat T&T, and Clown Breath can't flank him

Whipcoil - 70%

Om Nom Nomster vs. Metal 2
oh my god Metal 2 could actually win this one since Om nom can't damage him

Metal 2 - I mean, technically he could win, but it'd be complete dumb luck for him to even hit om nom

March or Die vs. D.U.D.E.
MoD just has better stats for this match up, tbh

March or Die - 85%

Lyra vs. T and T
that front of his has a veeery juicy corner/flat edge at the top of the wedge. still, he could end up just flipping me :P .

Tanngrisnir & Tannjostr - 55%

Buzz Cut vs. Y-Combat
Range is what matters in spinner vs spinner fights

Buzz cut - 65%

Charybdis vs. Juno
Juno has a vague chance of reaching Cbd before he gets up to speed, but what's more important to me here is that the angle of his spinner could let him hit the meaty top plate of Cbd... of course, he does have 10 less armor than Charybdis' weapon

Juno - 55%

Furious Redemption vs. Lethal Carriageway
This is the kind of match for which Lethal Carriageway is purpose built

Lethal carriageway - 80%

Caesium vs. Crusader
Crusader's invertable, and Caesium just doesn't have enough armor

Crusader - 75%

Pterodactyl vs. Royale
Pt can easily tank Royale's hits with the plow

Pterodactyl - 80%

Depth Charge II vs. Defiance
he's one of the ones that does actually have a chance at beating Defiance, but he also has GIGANTIC wheels, which are quite the appetizing target

Defiance - 60%

Heavyweights:

Loadout vs. Golden Blaze
now we see if that anti-hammer hole works. I'm currently skeptical, which is the only reason I'm giving this match to Loadout right now. if I knew for sure it would be effective, I would rate this with even odds.

Loadout - 55%

Compound Fracture vs. Bass Drop
Bass drop will actually keep up with CF pretty damned well

Bass Drop - 60%

Annihilation vs. Smilodon
SACRIFICE THE POLE

Smilodon - 75%

The Arbiter vs. Pursuit
Pursuit'll run rings around the Arbiter, unless he's in the air the whole time. expect this one to be close

Pursuit - 55%

Rainbow Dasher vs. Infrared
IR can keep up with RD well enough, and that drum will do serious damage to anything that's not the front

Infrared - 75%

Cloak & Dagger vs. Landkreuzer P1000
Rediculous armor or not, their speed is equal, and C&D's wedges are better

Cloak & Dagger - 80%

Chimera vs. Klarinette
This comes down to if I can get around his lifter or not, and with our equal speed, it'll be an uphill battle for sure

Klarinette - 70%

Halberd vs. Dr. Feelgood
Halberd will have an easier time getting his hammer into play, and it's more powerful anyway

Halberd - 75%

Undertow vs. Escape Plan
EP's wedge is probably better, and he's a bit faster

Escape Plan - 75%

Sparkster vs. Tellu
Sparkster has the better wedge, and can withstand the hammer quite well. and I don't think that Tellu can pull the same kind of bullshit with Sparkster that he did on me :P

Sparkster - 70%

Morbid vs. Hypothermia
Hypothermia can start wearing him down over time, but by that point it'll probably be too late

Morbid - 60%

Super-heavyweights:

The Pegasus Device vs. Uppercut V2
Uppercut can just get to his sides and dominate him with flips all match

Uppercut - 70%

Chemical Explosion vs. Hysteria
If hysteria had 9 or 10 armor, I could have seen this going the other way

Chemical Explosion - 65%

Captain N.R.K. vs. Midnight Pathos
I see this going the same way as my match against him, though MP's plow is wider so controlling NRK could actually be a bit easier for him

Midnight Pathos - 80%

Airtime Extreme vs. Danger Noodle
neither robot is going to be easily able to control the other, which works in favor of the robot with a damaging weapon

Danger Noodle - 60%

Allahu Akbar vs. Montgomery Yellow Jesus
lel

Montgomery Yellow Jesus - 95%

Dat Dog 2 vs. Fourth Horseman
the flipper probably has the advantage here, especially with DD's control issues

Fourth Horseman - 75%

In the Red Square Minion vs. Sundown Ranger
equal speed, but SR's front wedge can take a hit or two from the disc, and its design is far more maneuverable

Sundown Ranger - 60%

Final Boss vs. Archetype
I shall complain about Final Boss's exposed wedge hinges once more&#33;

Archetype - 60%

Khnum vs. D'Artagnan
let's see how well the hammer attachment works

Khnum - 65%

Mega Plowdozer vs. Terminal Velocity
equal speed, better wedge, more chance of showing up on time to RP

Mega Plowdozer - 75%

Driger Slash vs. Bloodlust
12 weapon to 15 weapon, with similar armor? This is going to be a massacre :v:

Bloodlust - 85%
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:47 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jun 7 2016, 03:01 PM</dd></dl><div>Sparkster vs. Tellu
Sparkster has the better wedge, and can withstand the hammer quite well. and I don't think that Tellu can pull the same kind of bullshit with Sparkster that he did on me :P

Sparkster - 70%[/quote]Chimera's wedges are trash bro :v:

Bitter? :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:40 am

always :v:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:29 am

Fucking hell...I knew the HW and SHW designs were a mistake. :(
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:43 pm

<big>Week 3:</big>

<big>Lightweights:</big>

Tidal Wave vs. Tormentor: So this is like Tidal Wave vs. Icepick Lobotomy, which was a very close fight, except that Tormentor doesn't have the forks so Tidal Wave might get under it better, and it has less armor. The front wedge might get chewed up and a single side hit is basically game over.

Tidal Wave 60%

Rainbow Crash vs. Icepick Lobotomy:
Uhh... Rainbow's abysmal control has essentially kept it from being a factor in its fights so far, and if it's stuck fighting Icepick Lobotomy without support Crash is at a traction disadvantage, with a fairly slow lifter, against a weapon that can one-shot it. It will be very difficult for RC to get through this without losing at least one part of the cluster, which will be HUGE even if the other half makes it to the judges, especially since if the surviving half is Rainbow it will have trouble competing on strategy.

Icepick Lobotomy 70%

Venice Queen vs. Blackrose: Jeez, why. They're both so fast. I think Blackrose has a lower wedge, but Venice Queen is faster. Screw it,

Venice Queen 51%

Veto vs. Cheatbot: Kek. Even if it gets inside Veto's long reach, Cheatbot doesn't have the weaponry to do serious damage, and it's flat sides and weak armor are candy for horizontal spinners.

Veto 90%

Tortoise vs. Rosebud: Tortoise is just going to keep getting shoved all over the arena by much faster brickbots it can't damage.

Rosebud 90%

Zadkiel vs. Mineswept Away: Assuming Mineswept chooses the all-around skirts option instead of being a dingus and giving Zadkiel easy corner damage, 9 armor can hold up for 3 minutes. It'll take damage, but its speed means it could offset it with aggression and controlling the match.

Mineswept Away 60%

The Smiler vs. O'Malley: I actually don't think O'Malley can outreach Smiler, and Smiler will probably use a bar that gives it weapon-to-weapon contact. They're even in speed, so ultimately it may come down to O'Malley winning weapon-to-weapon, though not by much.

O'Malley 65%

Promethean Fire vs. Public Enemies: PF has a little wedgelet; if it gets that pointing face-on it might get under PE's wedges, at which point gg. Overall, one mistake and Public Enemies will leave the arena in a lot more than two pieces.

Promethean Fire 65%

Game over vs. Pelican: TBH I've seen very little from Pelican. I think Game Over's greater maneuverability is going to let it take this.

Game Over 60%

Powerdrive Jr. vs. Pyrite: Speed? No. Weapon that can do damage? No. Better wedge? No. Sorry Powerdrive.

Pyrite 90%

Frequency vs. Skate:
Jesus what. This fight will consist of a small number of gigantic hits, at which point one or both weapons will break. I really have no idea who will win this.

Screw it, Skate 51%

<big>Middleweights:</big>

Thunder vs. Remi: Thunder's weird shape and decent armor could give it this despite the "weapon."

Thunder 65%

Whipcoil vs. Clown Breath: Whipcoil can tank a couple hits, get Clown Breath into the wall, then turn and flip before it spins up. However, if it messes up this strategy even a partial-speed hit will cripple its clamp arms.

Whipcoil 60%

Om Nom Monster vs. Metal 2: I feel sorry for whatever poor bastard has to write this match. That's all: I'm not even making a prediction.

March or Die vs. DUDE: FRONT HINGED FLIPPERS REPRESENT&#33;

March or Die 70%

Lyra vs. T & T: I mean, T&T are actually at a bit less of a speed disadvantage and could flank Lyra and do some serious damage, but one flip is GG because once one's out the other one's going into the wall and onto its back.

Lyra 55%

Buzzcut vs. Y-Combat: Giving it to buzzcut due to reach and the weird fork things on Y-Combat looking vulnerable.

Buzzcut 65%

Charybdis vs. Juno: My robot lol. Juno has a couple strategies which could give it a shot, but whatever it does it'll have to do it fast; Both its wedge and its weapon can only survive a couple good hits from Charybdis.

Charybdis 70%

Furious Redemption vs. Lethal Carriageway: LC has a durable wedge and lots of speed and power, while FR has a high center of gravity and could spend half the fight being pushed around on its back.

Lethal Carriageway 80%

Pterodactyl vs. Royale: Yeah, Royale's getting shoved around all match.

Pterodactyl 85%

Caesium vs. Crusader: Caesium is fast and has an effective flipper, but I just don't see it taking 3 full minutes of abuse from Crusader's drum.

Crusader 70%

Depth Charge II vs. Defiance:
Wait, how much weapon armor does Depth Charge II have? Well, either way it'll have a hard time making it 3 minutes. Its best bet is to try to stop the weapon and high-center defiance, but that will still be very hard.

Defiance 60%

<big>Heavyweights:</big>

Loadout vs. Golden Blaze: Loadout's hammer won't do that much, but its plow will allow it to ignore frontal hits from GB2016. Problem is, while it does have a speed advantage it's not a commanding one, getting hammer blows in will be awkward (not because of the hole in GB but because it'll bounce itself away), and Loadout is toast if GB gets a side hit.

Golden Blaze 65%

Compound Fracture vs. Bass Drop: Lol, my robot. This one will be close. I don't think Bass Drop can get enough hits for a KO, but could definitely mess up CF's driving a bit with a bunch of hits and win damage on the JD. However, its low traction, lack of wedges, and very short reach on the hammer could really hurt it. Reminder: Compound Fracture is a lifter, and can (a) flip Bass Drop over, and (b) Bass Drop will have a very hard time hitting it from the front if it keeps having its own front lifted into the air.

Compound Fracture 70%

Annhilation vs. Smilodon: Smilodon should be able to sacrifice one end of its pole, then the other. Unfortunately that's 4 of Annhilation's 5 hits at best, and it could get a corner hit on something given Smilodon's shape.

Annhilation 60%

The Arbiter vs. Pursuit: This'll be close, but I think it will probably go somewhat like CF vs. Pursuit:

Pursuit 70%

Rainbow Dasher vs. Infra Red: The bots themselves are a decent match, but Spatula's experience will likely pay off here.

Infra Red 70%

Cloak and Dagger vs. Landkreuzer P1000: C&D are faster, have better wedges, and there's two of them. I said early on they'd be a nightmare for wedgebots to face, and I'm sticking with that.

Cloak and Dagger 80%

Chimera vs. Klarinette: Good lord this will be a close match. Screw it,

Chimera 51%

Halberd vs. Dr. Feelgood: 6 speed 2 traction lol. However, the good doctor finally found a robot his weapon can damage. I'm still picking Halberd but there's room for an upset.

Halberd 60%

Undertow vs. Escape Plan:
Undertow is slow and has a heavy back thing taking weight off its wedge.

Escape Plan 75%

Sparkster vs. Tellu: Sparkster will pretty much nope Tellu's weapon and shove it into hazards, which will be very bad for Tellu's flimsy chassis.

Morbid vs. Hypothermia: Hypothermia can go the deadblow route, but Morbid's sheer speed and Hypo's ineffective wedges will make its life very hard.

Morbid 75%

Superheavyweights:

Uppercut V2 vs. The Pegasus Device: Uppercut has a big speed advantage, and may just get under the front of PD, Either way, the walker's going to get flipped around a lot.

Uppercut V2 80%

Chemical Explosion vs. Hysteria: Chemical Explosion tends to melt down, but Hysteria's armor is pretty weak, and by 5 hits it could be crippled. Plus, its slow speed means it can't really force CE into the walls.

Chemical Explosion 60%

Captain NRK vs. Midnight Pathos:
Okay, NRK actually beats MP's armor by 6. Even with the speed disparity, I don't think MP can survive 3 minutes against that monster.

Captain NRK 75%

Airtime Extreme vs. Danger Noodle: My robot lol. Honestly I'm going to just hit his wedge and launch myself back most of the time. DN can get some solid hits and will be difficult for Airtime to attack, but I don't think it'll be enough.

Airtime Extreme 65%

Allahu Ackbar vs. Montgomery Yellow Jesus: Kek.

MYJ 99%

Dat Dog 2 vs. Fourth Horseman: Hmm... Dat Dog is quicker, and it should be able to outwedge everything but the front spatula of Fourth Horseman and easily shove it into the walls. The plow isn't much use when inverted, though.

Dat Dog 2 65%

Minion vs. Sundown Ranger: I think Sundown's plow is likely to save its neck but get torn up in the process, at which point it smashes Minion with the hammer.

Sundown Ranger 70%

Final Boss vs. Archetype:
Giving this one to Final Boss: it can survive repeated hits, and mostly Archetype will monstertruck on top of it and get shoved around.

Final Boss 70%

Khnum vs. D'Artagnan: Khnum is insanely fast, but I don't think the anti-hammer shield is tall enough to stop D'Artagnan from hitting it, and one hit will end it against that weak top armor.

D'Artagnan 75%

Mega Plowdozer vs. Terminal Velocity: Equal speed, wedge vs. lifter, more effective wedge. Plowdozer takes this hands down.

Plowdozer 80%

Driger Slash vs. Bloodlust: Despite its low traction, Bloodlust's speed means it'll probably get weapon-to-weapon, which it wins 6-1. Driger Slash is going to get obliterated.

Bloodlust 90%