Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:58 pm

fellas, i would like to make a COMPLAINT about badnik's strategy posted for green brick (AKA literally the best robot ever) vs flash flood. more specifically, these lines:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 31 2018, 06:04 PM</dd></dl><div>use wedge and pwn his ass all over the place

(...)

good luck ps i hope you step on a rusty lego and fucking die[/quote]

for reference, here is a specific sample of the rules posted in r4's signups thread:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As a follow up to this, absolutely NO being completely arrogant, either in your RPs or in the discussion thread (i.e. "I'll probably pwn this guy all over the place").[/quote]

to say that i'm offended would be a gross understatement, my fellow battlebots x touhou crossover connoisseurs. in reality, i am completely appalled that such brazen violation of our long-established standards would slip through the cracks for even an instant.

to resolve this dilemma, i propose that we tie badnik to a large rock and throw him off a bridge, into the passing river below. if he drowns, we can conclude that it was merely a human error. if he somehow escapes, then HOLY HELL BADNIK IS A WITCH&#33;&#33;&#33;

thank you for your consideration

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>V900</dt><dd>Mar 31 2018, 06:58 PM</dd></dl><div>fellas, i would like to make a COMPLAINT about badnik's strategy posted for green brick (AKA literally the best robot ever) vs flash flood. more specifically, these lines:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 31 2018, 06:04 PM</dd></dl><div>use wedge and pwn his ass all over the place

(...)

good luck ps i hope you step on a rusty lego and fucking die[/quote]

for reference, here is a specific sample of the rules posted in r4's signups thread:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>As a follow up to this, absolutely NO being completely arrogant, either in your RPs or in the discussion thread (i.e. "I'll probably pwn this guy all over the place").[/quote]

to say that i'm offended would be a gross understatement, my fellow battlebots x touhou crossover connoisseurs. in reality, i am completely appalled that such brazen violation of our long-established standards would slip through the cracks for even an instant.

to resolve this dilemma, i propose that we tie badnik to a large rock and throw him off a bridge, into the passing river below. if he drowns, we can conclude that it was merely a human error. if he somehow escapes, then HOLY HELL BADNIK IS A WITCH&#33;&#33;&#33;

thank you for your consideration[/quote]I second this, without understanding a word he said

it's democracy now you have to do it
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 pm

Okay, so it turns out that I'm a gigantic yutz and Gabe wasn't actually doing anything wrong, given his actual reasons for refusing to write, so uh... wow. Sorry, man. Guess I better eat a dick now huh?

He's being re-instated in the writing staff next week, and I feel like a shit. :/

I'll also be back on Discord, but stuff is still getting announced and updated here.

Drama averted. Carry on.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 pm

appreciated. amazing what a bit of communication does.

now we can get back to having drama about the important things. You know, pictures of pretend robots and the fanfiction we write about them every week :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:02 pm

And that's all mine in. Hopefully could get 2-2 or something out of it, but I'm against a lot of tough opponents, so I'd be bloody lucky if I could scrape that many wins or more. On a side note though, in case you're wondering about the text in the HW RP, it was supposed to be Chinese -- but sadly, the symbols didn't come out correctly. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Always nice to see things worked out...

Anyways, a 3-1 week for me (and the losing bot, The Thieving Magpie, only lost by a point). And Death Metal finally posted its first win and I got a bit of revenge on Coup de Grace (sorry Drew :P).

Overall, things are going well. Week 4 should be interesting, we'll see how I fare.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:35 am

Well... that was both disastrous and better than expected. The former, I've now officially lost my unbeaten record with Ayame (though it was close, and it was to one of the best LW wedges around, so no shame there), and of course I had to get the cheap exploit-bot that would more-likely-than-not be impossible to build IRL the moment Dreadnought started to get somewhere; so now I'm also back to square one HW-wise. On the latter though, it was nice to attain a win with Marauder over a tough opponent in Whipcoil, and even though the wedge set-up broke again ( :v: ), KOing Froral Fury with LI3 was a good result.

So yeah, I can live with that overall -- and I feel that with some good plans, I could claw back something this week.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Avalanche

Post by Avalanche » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 am

i mean being realistic alex it doesn't matter when you lose, as no fights are interconnected. you can get completely shitmixed one day and then come back and murder everything the next. sure, at first a 0-2 record may be bad but you can turn that into a 10-5 record or whatever else is possible as long as you keep putting in good rps n shit.

anyways, summarising my 2-2 this week:

LW: what the fuck did i stat
MW: FUCK YEAH RAUS
HW: Cutthroat showing it's potential
SHW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF-DhSGjdm0

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Yeah, I suppose. The big problem I have with Dreadnought at the moment, is that I didn't adapt it enough for all the uber-spinners competing when I had the chance -- in hindsight, I should have given it 3 flipper power and 11 armour to better stand up to them instead of vouching for an armour bonus on the flipper that's so far been useless.

I mean, it's a bit of a contrast -- on the one hand, it still performs well against the opponents that don't have overpowered weapons that can kill it in a few hits (Klarinette and Redemption Denied), but against those that do, the odds become really stacked against it. And unfortunately, most of them are the latter&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:32 pm

At least you have Dreadnought and not my shitty HW. :v:

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>Apr 4 2018, 04:32 PM</dd></dl><div>At least you have Dreadnought and not my shitty HW. :v:[/quote]There is that, I guess. :v:

In all seriousness though, I'd say that they do actually have a similar problem, in that most of their opponents in this field are the types of bot that are generally a lot stronger against them -- like say, having Flash Man's Time Stopper for fighting Quick Man with, or an airblasting Pyro against a Soldier or Demoman.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:16 pm

>White Lightning vs Dr. Robotnik

All I can think about is this

https://youtu.be/pv6NJwjMGy4
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:06 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Apr 4 2018, 05:16 PM</dd></dl><div>>White Lightning vs Dr. Robotnik

All I can think about is this

https://youtu.be/pv6NJwjMGy4[/quote]Likewise, this always springs to mind for me whenever I've got to fight the Giant Talking Egg. That, and "GET A LOAD OF THIS&#33;". :v:

<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/2wLYtj_yq8E' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:18 am

When Joon "saves" Shion from Robotnik

<iframe type='text/html' width="480" height="270" src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/Znb2uVGUM5o' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:20 am

Week 4 is set in stone.

So far?

Anti-Virus honestly shouldn't be doing as well as he is, but he's earned a few victories and is probably sitting comfortably for a play-off spot at least.

Plata O Plomo is honestly doing as well as I expected him to do, despite my ramblings. Lost to a bot with 5 more weapon than he had armour, beat a bot with 5 more weapon than he had armour. Such is life.

Devil's Verdict... yeah by far the worst heavyweight I ever entered and it's showing. I honestly might have to bring back Tellu or something next time.

Tax Cutter is doing the needful baby and things look like smooth sailing from here... of course until we hit the play-offs lol. Of course, if I can not only beat but KNOCK-OUT Lifter 2 of all things, I should probably be able to hold a middle finger to Krakatoa or Speed Bison. :P