Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Since Bot-O-Rama is starting, I'm gonna make some predictions for it!

Italics indicate dark horse picks

Hobbyweights
1.Do Not Open
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

patrickrowberry

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:42 pm

hobbyweights

1. Bonk! (HotDealsInTexas) very destructive but lacs control and exsposed wheels plus will it self right when flipped?

2. Buzzkill (The_Angry_Goat) great robot great power but will that weapon be effective their with that weak armour

3. Bunx (Hiicantpk) a great full body spinner that can't self right and lacks armour

4. Do Not Open (Cha0sFerret) fast great control but can't push it a wedge robot that can't push anything

5. Panda (Toxic) fast strong great pusher the one i tip to win this despite it exposed wheels and the fact it is not that effective upside down

6. Havoc Pigeon (BrianTheAmerican) powerful but to slow and can't self right as well as exposed wheels

7. Annoying Wasp (NoiseyGiraffe) invertible strong weapon but high ground Clarence

8. Blood Blister (Britespark) a powerful bar spinner no self right but has good armour

9. Pro (scorpion1m) a proven design only beaten by the now number 1 seed in the final of the heat semi final of uk championship in 2015 but will that success be able to transits into rp

10. Caldera (KodeBreaker)to slow and no self right but a very strong weapon

11. Sirocco (Badnik96) destructive hard to get a hold of but lacks control is 1 of the favourites to win the tournament

12. Radio Hit (playzooki) powerful invertible but lacks armour another favourite to win
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickrowberry

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Featherweight (30 lb):

1. Vorpal Bunny (HotDealsInTexas) destructive and invertible but a bit slow

2. Oh geeze I'm terribly sorry I didnt mean to flip your robot over (The_Angry_Goat) - abbreviated as "Oh Geeze" flipper is to thin but is fast and well armoured could cause a surprise

3. Database (Hiicantpk)strong fast and great weapon but can't self right

4. Papercuts (Cha0sFerret) to slow but destructive weapon and can't self right

5. Redneck Alimony Payment (Toxic) fast strong invertible is favourite to go far

6. Hopscotch Pilgrim (BrianTheAmerican) to slow destructive and hard to push and invertible

7. Feathergo (NoiseyGiraffe) fast and well weapon but will it still work upside down

8. Blaze (Britespark) fast well armoured but lacks ram ability

9. Sister Sledge (scorpion1m)it may of not won its heat but it proved it power and has done a few 1 hit kills but lacks some control and lacks experiences agents spinners

10. Hikage (KodeBreaker) slow but destructive can it self right?

11. Rebellious Activity (Badnik96) fast great flipper and hard to beat the favourite to win but lacks power in the weapon

12. Bolt Thrower (playzooki) fast and powefull but will robots be able to avoid the weapon and it can't self right

patrickrowberry

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Sportsman (30 lb):
1. Ahlspiess (HotDealsInTexas) strong powerful spike rammer lacks push ability

2. Wyvern (The_Angry_Goat) fast and strong another favourite

3. DnB (Hiicantpk) questionable weaponry but will be hard to beat

4. Neon (Cha0sFerret) 2 for the price of 1 but 1 hit and their dead fast strong but easily abused

5. Hundred Dollar Dustpan (Toxic) fast and strong but can it self right and is weak to axe attacks

6. Answering Chord (BrianTheAmerican) strong reliable but will its weapon work

7. Nurse Killjoy (NoiseyGiraffe) its razer enough said obvious favourite wants to avoid the lifter

8. Vice (Britespark)

9. The Horney One (scorpion1m)a lift that won its heat but getting beat by nightmare the now 4th seed in the first round of the semi final this robot has only been beaten by spinners but with none to get in his way can he win a tornement

10. Loud Love (KodeBreaker) slow but hard to get a hold of but has exposed wheels easily rammed

11. Sling Shot (Badnik96) strong fast and could easily win but lacks armour favourite to win

12. Tormentor (playzooki) powerful axe and quite fast but a bit to boxy and could get stuck on its side

Hiicantpk

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:36 pm

@Scorpion Bunx is a Shell spinner, not Full Body

I'm not as confident predicting here as I was in Hammerfall, but lets see.

Hobbyweights

[1] Caldera - Jeeze. Its gonna take a lucky flip to beat this thing
[2] Do Not Open - Good at ramming, but not a lot of Torque for pushing
[3] Blood Blister - A strong bot in this field, as long as the blade is spinning this thing is winning
[4] Radio Hit - Low armour, but as long as it can keep its weapon pointed at the opponent it stands a good chance
[5] Bunx - That pole might end up screwing it over if it gets flipped
[6] Bonk! - Exposed wheels, and may have trouble turning as mentioned above.
[7] Panda - Those are some big wheels o.O
[8] Buzzkill - The tooth/weapon is a little too far up the wedge imo.
[9] Annoying Wasp - Aluminim armour is gonna get shredded really quickly.
[10] Pro - A little low on the armour for all the spinners, but should be fast enough to manage some
[11] Havoc Pigeon - Not convinced by the offset drivebase, also low speed
[12] Sirocco - Its a cool gimmick but it might not be too effective considering someone can flank the one wheel and completely disable it.

Featherweights

[1] Rebellious Activity - No glaring weaknesses I see, Probably will take top spot
[2] Vorpal Bunny - Internal self damage? Weapon might slow down late in matches assuming anyone lives that long
[3] Blaze - Going to be tough to hit this thing with 9 speed
[4] Oh Jeeze - Can imagine matches against this will be fairly boring. It will kite around and get quick pot shots.
[5] Hikage - Higher armour might help it against other spinners but won't do much against the strong rammers in this field.
[6] Database - A lot of area to take damage. Needs to keep weapon pointed at opponent
[7] Hopscotch Pilgrim - Interesting Melty design, but how will the driver tell which way its going?
[8] Redneck Alimony Payment - Exposed wheels again going to be a problem. Curious as to whether it can get stuck on its rear
[9] Bolt Thrower - Decent, but 5 armour is going to hinder it greatly.
[10] Papercuts - Strong weapon, but if it stops spinning that low armour is going to get shredded
[11] Sister Sledge - Its spelled TerrorHurtz.
[12] Feathergo - Weapon is too small compared to the rest of the bot.

Sportsman
[1] Sling Shot - This one could be competitive in Featherweight too if it was entered there.
[2] Nurse Killjoy - Mini Razer is here and should be able to clean up most of this field.
[3] Wyvern - Interesting flipper design, Should do well in this field
[4] Ahlspiess - That retract time might end up costing it if the opponent dodges.
[5] Vice - Not sure if putting the hydraulic jaws at an angle will help.
[6] Tormentor - Rather small hammer, might be hard to hit other bots.
[7] Loud Love - Cool design, but fear there may be control issues.
[8] DnB - In hindsight, yeah there will be control issues.
[9] Answering Chord - Aside from the chainsaw, this bot is confusing to look at
[10] Neon - They're fast, but one mismovement and it'll get wrecked by either the opponent or the hazards
[11] 100$ Dustpan - Going to be difficult to catch anything in the dustpan. Everyone is too fast
[12] Horney One - You seriously need better names for your robots. Also it might have trouble actually catching robots in the first place
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Toxic

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by Toxic » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Hobbyweights:

1. Caldera: Big weapon, ample armor and a low profile means some big wins this time around. Pencil Caldera in as the favorite for Hobbys.
2. Bunx: Reminds me a lot of Ziggo. Should do fairly well against most bots.
3. Blood Blister: I really like this design. It's going to be thrown around a bit, but design wise I think it will be able to endure most opponents.
4. Annoying Wasp: Code Black in Hobbyweight form. Great stats all around. Will probably go far.
5. Havok Pigeon: Darkhorse for the championship right here. Big weapon, great armor. Should go far as long as it doesn't see a fast and well armored bot.
6. Bonk: Cookie cutter drum bot for heavyweights. Big weapon and armor is pretty darn good. Should go far.
7. Buzzkill: I like the design, but I have my doubts how on effective the weapon will be since it is so far back.
8. Do Not Open: A lot like Panda. Good drivetrain and speed, but I don't know if his armor will be able to hold up in this class.
9. Panda: Same as Do Not Open. Good push bot, but I don't know how well it will hold up to other bots in this class.
10. Pro: Well armored with a big weapon. Should have some big flips, but it is susceptible to a lot of spinners.
11. Radio Hit: Typical Drum bot. Lots of weapon, but a bit light on armor. Playzooki better hope that he knocks his opponents out fast.
12. Sirocco: Big weapon, but I have doubts on how stable/effective this thing will be.

Featherweights(decided by my Wife):

1. Sister Sledge: OMG I'm gonna be Paula Abdul. I love it.
2. Vorpal Bunny: It has an evil bunny. It is my favorite.
3. Feathergo: It sounds pretty badass. The bunny still reigns though. The passion...live Jesus Musical...wtf.
4. Blaze: It's kinda like Oh Geeze but it looks more badass.
5. Rebellious Activity: He can hold his own.
6. Oh Geeze: That one looks like it's going to flip whatever shit gets in it's way.
7. Redneck Alimony Payment: The Evil Bunny is still my favorite and the other one can still flip it into the trap thingies.
8. Bolt Thrower: He looks...I dunno...he's just kinda meh too. But I feel bad for all the bots. I just want them all to do good. I guess I'm just Paula Abdul.
9. Hikeage: It looks weak.
10. Database: Oh geeze will give him a run for his money.
11. Hopscotch Pilgram: It looks like a hockey puck.
12. Papercuts: Meh. You'd have to hit the bot just right or it's going to be fucked.

Will have my Sportsman up at some point...

Cha0sFerret

Bot-O-Rama Predictions!

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:59 pm

So my predictions are probably gonna seem kinda off-the-wall because I took the divisions into account when I made them. Actual results may be wildly different because of a division not being won by who I expected.

HOBBYWEIGHT (HBW)
1. Caldera - There's nothing here that's built to take hits from this. Definitely beatable, but the two rammers will be hard pressed to break through this thing.
2. Do Not Open - Fast, wedgey, and tough. A bit lacking in torque, but should get pretty far anyway.
3. Panda - Also fast, wedgey, and tough. This one can push better than DNO, but its poor control will be its downfall.
4. Radio Hit - Pretty standard drum spinner with a good wedge. Should do well.
5. Blood Blister - The circular skirts are a bit concerning, but as long as the blade is spinning that shouldn't even come into play.
6. Sirocco - It's strong. It's bizarre. It could very well win the whole thing solely by being hard to strategize against. This is as high as I feel comfortable placing it.
7. Buzzkill - Powerful weapon, but it lacks range and armor. Other spinners will eat it alive.
8. Bunx - Pretty fast as spinners go, but relatively low weapon and armor stats will make it difficult to get out of the group stage.
9. Annoying Wasp - The design itself isn't bad, but the stats need some work. 11 weapon simply isn't enough.
10. Pro - It's a flipper, and that's all we know about it.
11. Bonk! - Let's have all the steering problems!
12. Havoc Pigeon - I feel bad placing this at the bottom, but the rear is very vulnerable and it's gonna suffer from Plowdozer syndrome. ie. too slow to be useful.

FEATHERWEIGHT (FW)
1. Rebellious Activity - Fast, armored, well-controlled, and active weapon-having. This thing has all of the advantages.
2. Oh Geeze - Another quick and decently armored bot. The small flipper area is slightly concerning, but that shouldn't matter too much.
3. Vorpal Bunny - Very powerful, but somewhat slow and exposed at the rear. Reading this thing's fights will be a blast.
4. Redneck Alimony Payment - Kinda oddly-shaped and the weapon stat is somewhat low, but it should fare well enough.
5. Blaze - It's fast and it can take hits, but it's gonna have some steering problems and the better-controlled bots will take advantage of that.
6. Hopscotch Pilgrim - Yeah, it's a melty. Melty doesn't mean bad. It should be able to get past the group stage, at least.
7. Papercuts - Bizarre stats. Could do really well, could fail miserably. Lack of invertability/srimech doesn't help.
8. Bolt Thrower - Okay wedge, but low armor and poor range are going to hurt it.
9. Hikage - This is just begging to be flanked.
10. Database - It looks cool, but the lack of wedge and the horizontal spinners in its division will keep it from getting very far.
11. Feathergo - tip.
12. Sister Sledge - I think the hammer has more mass than the rest of the bot... have fun with that.

SPORTSMAN (SM)
1. Sling Shot - OOTA-capable flipper that managed to have a good wedge in a class that restricts wedges. It'll do well.
2. Wyvern - It also spins. No rules against thwacking! And its speed is high enough that it can do considerable damage this way. Oh yeah, it has a powerful flipper, too. That's a thing.
3. Neon - I'm going waaaaay out on a limb and putting myself here. Yes, 2 armor was stupid. There aren't hazards in this arena, though, so you'll have to catch me to do anything about it ;)
4. Nurse Killjoy - Crushers should fare decently here. Control is a bit worrying, but it may be fast enough to compensate with raw speed.
5. Tormentor - Solid hammer in a class that tends to favor hammers.
6. Hundred Dollar Dustpan - It's gonna have some steering problems thanks to that dustpan, but hey, a wedge is a wedge.
7. Vice - Looks solid, but it's vulnerable to fast flippers and hammers.
8. Ahlspiess - The top armor bonus is clever, but there are two flippers in its division. Oh well.
9. Answering Chord - tipping intensifies.
10. The Horny One - Heh. It actually has decent stats, but its division generally matches up well against it.
11. Loud Love - Towering Inferno would not be my first choice to make a clone of :v:
12. DnB - Interesting concept, but something tells me it won't reach its potential in this tournament. More development could turn this into an absolute monster in the future, though.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop