Bot-O-Rama 2016 - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:16 am

All right, I got the results PMed from Angry_Goat and Satan, but right now I need to go to bed. I just wanted to let you know that matches and fight cards WILL be posted tomorrow.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Caldera owned. 'Nuff said.

Hikage has become about as useful as Terminus. Yeah. That Terminus.

Damn, Loud Love continues to impress me. Unbeaten so far.

Good matches guys.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Oh Geeze I'm Terribly Sorry I Didn't Mean to Flip Your Robot Over continues to impress!

also, whoever wrote Blaze vs Feathergo - that was hilarious
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Yeah, dat hammer accuracy. Also, it's the week of the flippers! (except for HDD and Slingshot).

Anyway, it's the last week of prelims!

In the hobbyweights, Sirocco and Pro are now officially in the playoffs. Buzzkill also basically has its spot clinched - with two knockouts, even if it loses to Panda it will have the tiebreaker, with Caldera the likely second place finisher. Panda is in trouble, It's technically still in the running for a wildcard spot, but without a knockout it can only make it if Radio Hit defeats Bonk! - Radio Hit and Annoying Wasp would win the tiebreaker with one knockout... it's surprising, I thought Panda would do well in this event. Finally, Do Not Open is a likely first-place finisher, with the winner of Bonk! vs. Radio Hit taking second.

In the featherweights, Oh Geeze, Feathergo, and Redneck Alimony Payment are definitely advancing. Group B looks set to have a three-way tie for second place, and Group C could be interesting. Rebellious Activity and Vorpal Bunny are the favorites IMO, but RA could lose the tiebreaker on KOs if it loses to Database and VB wins, and VB could end up with a tie for third or a three-way tie for second if it loses, depending on whether Database wins.

In the Sportsman division, Loud Love and Neon have gotten impressive undefeated records, with Sling Shot and Tormentor getting second. Wyvern and Nurse Killjoy are the favorites for Group C IMO. Wild cards are undecided.

Don't forget to show up for your match! Playoff spots are still on the line, and even if you're 2-0 and will make the playoffs with a loss, you can still get bragging rights by going undefeated in the group stage!

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:41 pm

first victory that isn't because the other person didn't rp

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:10 pm

L O W A R M O R B O Y S

I actually hadn't considered using the flippers together to gain OOTA capability, but the physics seems legit. I'll have to remember that trick.
poopity scoop

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Good fight, Scorpion. Good to see you pull a win out in the other division as well.

Sorry to Texas for being cell/internet fucked for our fight. Please don't hate me.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Apr 5 2016, 02:10 PM</dd></dl><div>L O W A R M O R B O Y S

I actually hadn't considered using the flippers together to gain OOTA capability, but the physics seems legit. I'll have to remember that trick.[/quote]Yep. IRL, Gemini actually used it in Robot Wars Series 4 to flip The Creature out. IIRC it was only the second robot to OOTA an opponent.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Okay, just waiting for the last of the results from Satan, and then I can generate the playoff brackets&#33;

I can tell you right now some of what's going on, though:

In the hobbyweights, Sirocco and Pro have won Group A. Panda, despite beating Buzzkill, is in third place for group B because Buzzkill and Caldera have more KOs. But don't worry, with two wins it has an automatic wildcard spot&#33; And in Group C, Do Not Open and Bonk&#33; are advancing even if Bunx wins.

In the featherweights, Oh Geeze and Feathergo are advancing from Group A, and Group B has been decided, with Redneck Alimony Payment winning first and Bolt Thrower getting second. In Group C, Vorpal Bunny and Rebellious Activity have secured playoff spots: if RA loses to Database, it will lose the tiebreaker to Database and VB, but still get a wildcard with two wins. If it beats Database it will be undefeated and Vorpal Bunny will take second place at 2-1.

The sportsman class is actually decided. Since Answering Chord didn't RP, the result is a formality. Loud Love, Sling Shot, Neon, Tormentor, Wyvern, and Nurse Killjoy will advance to the playoffs, and two out of Ahlspiess, DnB, and The Horney One will get the wildcard spots.

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Think I'm going to forfeit my Wildcard spot for DnB. Already have learned quite a bit and I'm planning on improving the design, but in its current state it shouldn't make the playoffs imo.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Really good match with Wyvern. 2/3 automatically through with A.Wasp a possible wildcard isn't too bad for a first tournament here. :D

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:36 pm

It's about time I lost something :P

Great fights... I wasn't expecting to beat Panda, so I'm happy I kept it that close. Dissapointed by Wyvern's inability to get under Nurse Killjoy, though (that fight also made me realize I should have CADed in the winch so there couldn't be any speculation as to its location :P )
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Great fights... I wasn't expecting to beat Panda, so I'm happy I kept it that close.[/quote]

Heh. Yeah, the thing about Buzzkill is that its wedge is so long and its weapon is way at the back. This saved you against Caldera, but against Panda it meant that half the time if you try to get under his side his tires will just grip your wedge and let you drive off. Also, his effective weapon power is 7 when ramming, which was enough to do minor damage to your 5 armor and deform your wedge.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Dissapointed by Wyvern's inability to get under Nurse Killjoy, though (that fight also made me realize I should have CADed in the winch so there couldn't be any speculation as to its location :P ) [/quote]

I mean, you did have a heavy-ass weight on the back of your robot with a long moment arm, a design with your wheels as a pivot point, and high traction. I was honestly pretty surprised when I saw your RP since this was pretty much the worst matchup for you to leave the tail on for. Thin armor was too tempting, eh?

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:08 pm

well yeah, and also, the tail isn't as heavy as you make it out to be :P

and traction has nothing to do with forwards acceleration. that would be torque that governs that.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Damn, 2/3 in the playoffs. Was not expecting such simple bots to move on. I was honestly not expecting for Panda to win this week so that was a very pleasant surprise.

Really excited for the playoffs.
Last edited by Toxic on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.