Bot-O-Rama 2016 - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 01, 2016 9:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 09:19 PM</dd></dl><div>I thought the "dolphin thing" was a silly equivalent to "and carry the five", etc., a silly way to write "...therefore, I should get under more often than not.", the "result" in your wording being the math done to figure out that your wedge should get under his(e.g. "and I have a stronger Weapon stat than he does Armor, carry the five, my axe should break his drive train.") . I do absolutely read the RPs.[/quote]I'm not sure where you got the idea that that is a commonly used idiom. at least, that's what I'm assuming this part of your post mean, I'm legitimately having trouble figuring out what you're meaning to say here
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 09:51 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 09:19 PM</dd></dl><div>I thought the "dolphin thing" was a silly equivalent to "and carry the five", etc., a silly way to write "...therefore, I should get under more often than not.", the "result" in your wording being the math done to figure out that your wedge should get under his(e.g. "and I have a stronger Weapon stat than he does Armor, carry the five, my axe should break his drive train.") . I do absolutely read the RPs.[/quote]I'm not sure where you got the idea that that is a commonly used idiom. at least, that's what I'm assuming this part of your post mean, I'm legitimately having trouble figuring out what you're meaning to say here[/quote]I at least use this and similar sayings occasionally(I use "carry the one" especially with my math class instead of explaining my three-page proofs.)

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 01, 2016 10:00 pm

ah yes, you just carry the one, put the word dolphin somewhere in the result, and boom&#33; solved&#33;
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun May 01, 2016 10:01 pm

...Where it was written in the RP, explaining the logic, led me to believe it was part of his statement.
Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 01, 2016 10:14 pm

If you'd like some more proof to this claim that you haven't been reading the RPs, here ya go:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>my RP</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I'm expecting him to be aggressive (he has to be or he'll lose out on too many categories). that means I can expect a box rush, methinks. at any rate, I want to start as far forwards in my starting square as possible, directly opposite him. at the start of the match, watch for a rush. if he looks like he's doing that at all, immediately reverse to drive the wedge down.[/quote]

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>start of the match</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Green lights to engage&#33; Both bots rush in at the start of the match, bouncing off each other.[/quote]

Look, I just flat out don't believe you - there's a lot of evidence against you, and I'd rather if you just admitted to it and expressed a willingness to fix and improve past mistakes
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 pm

I'd admit it if I weren't reading them. But I do. I may not be the best writer, but I'm working to be a better writer. That's the reason I found out about ARC and Hammerfall in the first place
Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Sun May 01, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 pm

How did I win the match I thought i'd lose and lose the match I thought I'd win

gg i guess but some incredibly confusing writer decisions.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:00 pm

I didn't write your Sirocco match. But c'mon, your most armored spot on Rebellious Activity can still be OHKOed. And the rest of your armor? That's 9 points below Vorpal Bunny's blade.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>May 1 2016, 11:00 PM</dd></dl><div>I didn't write your Sirocco match. But c'mon, your most armored spot on Rebellious Activity can still be OHKOed. And the rest of your armor? That's 9 points below Vorpal Bunny's blade.[/quote]Well, with corner damage. But the way his plow is shaped, the corners are very blunt, to the point where I'm not sure I'd count them as corners. Given RA's speed advantage it seems very hard for VB to actually pull off a side hit, but I guess if it does the flat surface damage will two-shot an opponent. I dunno...

Anyway, we should probably drop the drama over results. At this point, the tournament's over and what's done is done. Yeah, I and the other writers have made some poor decisions, but like I said, hopefully we'll learn from them.