Spreads on Nine/Are divine!

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:12 pm

Last week of spreads for the regular season. I don't remember if I did them for post-season last season, but I don't expect to this time either. Let's peek in on the action for this week.

Team Yellow Alert vs. Team Toxic

Well, it looks like Nick gets an easy four this week. And he could use it, too. He's a better RPer than his record indicates. If Adam did bother to show up, how might it go?

1. Exotherm vs. Silver Phantom

Another classic vertical vs. horizontal. The wedging on Exo will be his best hope, but to what avail?

My prediction: Silver Phantom 28-17

2. Influenza vs. Tiki Dude

Probably the one wedge low enough to get underneath the carousel of Influenza, but if not, it'd still be Adam's match, assuming Tiki Dude could withstand more than two or three shots.

My prediction: Tiki Dude 26-19

3. Probot vs. Enigma 23

A ramming bar versus a bar spinning. Probot could make it interesting if he used the bar to absorb the damage, then pull it back and wedge. But I think that's too complex a strategy to work effectively.

My prediction: Enigma 23 25-20

4. Manta vs. Power Bar

A couple good flips could jimmy up Power Bar pretty badly, but my thinking is..Nick, good thing Adam's not gonna show up.

My prediction: Power Bar by KO at 2:23

Team Gemini vs. Team Misogyny Technology

Chris is having another whale of a season, and Matt is back in force. So what's it gonna play out to here?

1. Celestial Slayer vs. Gudfernuthin EX-H

Celestial Slayer is in hot pursuit of the post-season...ranked #4 as of Week 7, so Chris will definitely want to pull a rabbit or two out of his hat this week with CS. Gudfernuthin doesn't have the same chance at this point. Still, it's horizontal vs. vertical again, and Gud has the weapon advantage.

My prediction: Gudfernuthin EX-H 24-21

2. Barrier vs. An Albatross

Barrier has clinched, An Albatross is in a four-way struggle for one of the last two spots. His Week 8 fight against Dylan's Middleweight may have been the deciding factor though. Barrier won't rest on his laurels even though he's already made it. He wants to go to post-season with an intimidating undefeated record. An Albatross won't be able to get under Barrier, and Barrier's too low to cage up, really.

My prediction: Barrier 40-5

3. Striker vs. F Bomb 3

Both have clinched, but this could be the battle for first place, if both had the same outcome in Week 8. Interestingly enough, the stubbier wedges on F Bomb 3 could negate the underwedges of Striker without having to wedge under them. If he can get under the primary and just push, it's all she wrote.

My prediction: F Bomb 3 24-21

4. Phobia vs. You're Gonna Get It Dirty Shirley

Two words: CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!

My prediction: Phobia 25-20

Team Targeted vs. Team Search And Destroy

Alex and John face off this time. And these two have kind of snuck up a little bit in how dominating they've been this season.

1. Feedback vs. Smack Happier

If SH can put FB on his flat back, and leave him for dead, that's his best chance. Otherwise, he'll get torn asunder by the bar.

My prediction: Feedback by KO at 1:55

2. Scorpion Bite vs. Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected

Despite the current 7th place standing, POPR could still sneak into the playoffs. He's not really out yet. Scorpion Bite looks as good as out, but that's a powerful weapon he's packing.

My prediction: Scorpion Bite by KO at 2:28

3. Tank Mk 4 vs. Stampede

Two sets of interchangeable weapons. You both suck. These two are currently in good standing for playoffs, but with Week 8 results not up yet, this match becomes a bit more important to both drivers. I can't tell you how much I personally want to see Stampede beat Tank, but what are the odds?

My prediction: Tank Mk 4 25-20

4. Eurypterus Evolved vs. Hellraiser Hybrid

EE is all but clinched at this point. His chances look good. HH? Not so much. So in the battle of double-letter initialed bots...

My prediction: Eurypterus Evolved 27-18

Team Animal Cruelty vs. Team Hunga

Philip and Dylan: they've both been to ARCCON, but haven't met each other. Weird huh? One favors a five-word limit on bot names, the other is currently the reason that one favors such a limit. Currently, they are ranked #3 and #2 all time, respectively. Will this live up to all the hype I'm giving it?

1. Dandelioness vs. Underall

Underall has been having his way with opponents this season. Dandelioness has cut it close more times than she cares to count. Underall has clinched it; Dandelioness is in good standing, but still has to worry about her chances. The teeth will be the deciding factor.

My prediction: Underall 29-16

2. Warper vs. My Hands Are Abandoned Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World

With Underall and Adreniton having clinched, and Death Composition pretty much out of it, Dylan really doesn't have much reason to RP this week. Except for this one. He WILL RP his brains out on this one for two reasons: one, his MW's in a four-way struggle to get into the post-season; two, the code of The Aristocrats befuddled Dylan last season, resulting in a KO loss, and I think Dylan wants to avenge himself against Philip this season by beating up on Warper. I have questioned the effectiveness of the flipper attachment all season long, and I don't think it can get under Warper's plow-scoop shaped skirts. If it can, it'll be another typical Warper downing. If not, redemption will indeed be denied.

My prediction: Warper 27-18

3. Diamond Jim vs. Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition

Diamond Jim is not in the top 4 right now, but is on the front doorstep and could still make the playoffs. Mambo #5 is pretty much out of it, as far as I can tell. Philip is hungry for this one the same way Dylan is for the MW fight. But will it be enough?

My prediction: Diamond Jim 25-20

4. Sand Crab vs. Adreniton

Sand Crab is in fourth place as of Week 7 and Weeks 8 and 9 are against the two who've already clinched in the SHW division, so it looks bad for him. Despite Adreniton's impressive record, I think the Crab has a fighting chance in this one. But I may be jaded. But that's a powerful weapon, and it may be the story.

My prediction: Adreniton by KO at 2:53

Team AC/DC vs. Team Blood Gulch

Paul and Josh meet at last this season. Josh will have his RPs up first, as late as that might be, so let's see what's up.

1. Double Dose vs. Zombie Killer

ZK has clinched, and DD is fighting for his life right now. Will Josh be sympathetic? I doubt it, but who knows. Any collusion aside though, Zombie Killer will be his usual toss and bossy way.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 30-15

2. AMP vs. Rooster Teeth

Two bots in the four-way embroilment. Two good spinners. Rooster Teeth is lower, but I think AMP has the reach to touch someone here.

My prediction: AMP by KO at 1:41

3. Road Rage vs. The Arbiter

Paul threw in the towel in Week 8 against Diamond Jim, but neither flipper is in contention for playoffs, so this is one that they'll both do for shits and giggles at this point. Paul, leave the poetry to the experts this time.

My prediction: Road Rage 32-13

4. JOLT vs. Predator

It depends....does Paul want a perfect record going into post-season, or will he be content to have clinched first place? I think if Predator goes wedge first and super-rams JOLT....he'll still get raped. And it would most definitely be non-consensual.

My prediction: JOLT by KO at 0:51

Kiazi

Post by Kiazi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Predicting a shuout huh...See if I ever sends hookers to your room again...

I think I have some chance in these fights.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:38 pm

lol Believe me, John, there's one fight in particular I *REALLY* want you to win. As I've said though, these are just for fun, not binding, and I've been egregiously wrong several times in the past, so it's up to you prove me wrong.

And I don't want your hookers. They fake orgasms worse than you do death.

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:20 pm

me and gemini arent fighting in shw were just going to sit in the middle of the arena and cry about the rules fucking up our beautiful bots :(

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Jun 4 2007&#44; 10:20 PM</dd></dl><div> me and gemini arent fighting in shw were just going to sit in the middle of the arena and cry about the rules fucking up our beautiful bots :( [/quote]
Don't you mean fucking up your ugly robots?

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>there's one fight in particular I *REALLY* want you to win.[/quote]

I know, and if there's one thing I can do to get revenge for my early loss, it's denying you a place in the Final Four :D

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:25 pm

SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU OVER ALL YOUR GAY