FRR: Backlash - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:34 pm

the rest of the event is cancelled, SZF wins all 4 weight classes. and also all other awards :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Oct 8 2016, 03:34 PM</dd></dl><div>the rest of the event is cancelled, SZF wins all 4 weight classes. and also all other awards :V[/quote]Cena wins, lol. :v:

In all seriousness though, will this be finished up?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:37 pm

FUCK&#33;

ROUND 2 UP&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Okay, normally I don't do these kinds of things after RPs have been posted, but...

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Excerpt from Compound Fracture's RP</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Okay, so as before, I'd like to note that because my wedge/lifter assembly is made of welded steel plates and very heavy, the high "ground pressure" at the tip should let me get under his skirts without having to "press the lifter." Also, pressing the lifter in this config would be idiotic since it would actually reduce the downforce on the outer wedgelets, which will usually make the first contact with the opponent. Do not try to press the lifter.</div>

So, are you trying to tell me that your wedges are somehow magically touching the ground without them being able to press onto it? Because I'm not buying that. If you're not pressing them down, then your wedges are just barely scraping the ground with the most minute contact possible (and thus are rather ineffective) or they have ground clearance. Either way, The Arbiter would easy get under those every time you met.

Also, the armour stat matters here, not any iron or steel or whatever your wedges may be made of. The material you base your armour on is practically extraneous in CFL tournaments. And if it were not, then seriously, if your wedges were that heavy they'd lift your entire rear end off the ground.

I'm saying this because I'm one of the people who decides the match, and if I were the writer of the match right now, I would give it to The Arbiter almost unanimously.

I went from looking at this as a actual fight to a complete curbstomp. That's why I'm giving you a chance to alter your RP. Or if you somehow can refute my argument, go ahead, but that will take a lot of convincing.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Okay. It seems like I miscommunicated here.

What I mean by this is that both of our robots have hinged wedges. His skirts are hinged, my outer wedgelets are hinged because they sit on the same axle as the central lifting portion, and my central wedge is obviously hinged. So they're resting on the ground with their weight, and they'll be a bit heavier than his skirts since they have more armor (12 vs. 10). The outer wedgelets have angle limiters, but they wouldn't come into play until the robot's front wheels are in the air. Each section of my wedge is also narrower than any section of his skirt, and will conform to uneveness in the arena floor better (this is why Original Sin frequently uses a set of three wedgelets against other wedgebots).

My understanding was that "pressing the wedge" referred to applying downward force to the lifter, increasing the downforce on the wedge beyond its weight at the expense of reducing the traction on the front wheels. There's no point in doing this with Compound Fracture because doing so would only affect the middle of the wedge.

His flipper would act as a 2WD static wedge if I'm reading it right, so it would probably get under me, but I think based on the robots' designs and stats I would have a slight edge over his skirts if I can drive around the flipper.

If this doesn't convince you, I'll be happy to edit my RP.
Last edited by Hooray For Lexan on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I do think he's right about Arby's hinged wedges, actually - that was the same issue we ran into when he face pursuit last week, and pursuit did end up getting under the hinged portions (if not the main body)
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Now admittedly I have a personal stake in this but I kind of question why if he made a presumptuous goof with his RP, why would he would be allowed to edit it after both RPs are in.

I figured the general rule always was if you RP last and screw up it's a case of "you shit the bed and now you have to sleep in it".
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Well it was, but I felt like being "nice". :P Well... less that, and more that I was legitimately confused by his RP as to why he would do that. If I am to decide the match, I would not want to decide it based on false information, or information I interpret is "false" when it's actually legit. Thus, my questions.

It doesn't matter too much anymore, since apparently I did misread his description and by extension his RP, to be honest. That is my fault, so I'm sorry for any confusion HDiT.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>and they'll be a bit heavier than his skirts since they have more armor (12 vs. 10)[/quote]wat

I can't remember armor value EVER dictating the weight of a wedge so this part makes no sense.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:29 pm

All RPs up. In advance, I'd just like to take the time to say this- if you're a spinner, bricks are crap to fight. :(
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:25 pm

You're realizing this now? :V
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Oct 15 2016, 11:25 PM</dd></dl><div>You're realizing this now? :V[/quote]Considering I've never had spinners at that level of success before, yes. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:56 am

We're never gonna get a result.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 pm

FRR SEMI FINALS FINALLY POSTED&#33;

FINALS FIGHT CARD COMING UP AND WILL BE DUE BY END OF NEXT WEEK&#33;

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm

It's a Christmas miracle&#33;
poopity scoop