Ruination: The Contagion: Predictions Thread!

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 21 2015, 12:23 AM</dd></dl><div>Theoretically, Kraze should be able to, I've seen NFX have a render of Kraze's flipper to its full extents. Its arm does go to the back anyhow. :v: Combined with its weapon power, I don't think it's too farfetched.

Chimera... I would have to see a render of it with its flipper out to its max extent. But right now, I don't think the leverage combined with the power could right it. I think it would just pop the bot into the air almost completely vertically.

If you want, The_Angry_Goat, I can allow you to fix that. I have a week to write up the schedule, anyway. :v:[/quote]urgh it is extended to max height in the pictures (the height of the robot limits the length of piston I can use)... I don't think I'll be able to re-design that to make it self right in a more reliable manner, so I guess I'll just go with it how it is :-/ wasnt expecting to do too great this time 'round, anyhow
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:22 pm

I'll be the first to say that I wouldn't be surprised if I go 0-fer in the tourney. Hammerfall took all of my time and I wound up rushing my designs. I'll be the first to say my bots suck, and to see them win would be a miracle. After my humiliating defeat Vs. Meta Ridley in Hammerfall, I'm pretty well saying that my old school designs won't work anymore. I'm still in 2004/2005 when everybody else has moved on.

Next tournament though...I have some ideas that might actually be good.
Last edited by Toxic on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Sep 21 2015, 04:06 PM</dd></dl><div>urgh it is extended to max height in the pictures (the height of the robot limits the length of piston I can use)... I don't think I'll be able to re-design that to make it self right in a more reliable manner, so I guess I'll just go with it how it is :-/ wasnt expecting to do too great this time 'round, anyhow[/quote]Sorry man. :/ Don't get discouraged, though&#33; You have some great ideas. :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Hey KodeBreaker, I asked earlier but I guess you didn't see it. But can you tell me exactly why Rampage having a higher torque than its speed is a bad thing? I don't know how the stat system works, but I can't imagine it would actually hinder my robot in any way.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Not really hinder you so much as not really giving you much extra benefit.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Yeah it's just having too much torque can be a bad thing because after you hit like 4 torque points there's little point in investing any more.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 am

im going to narrowly miss the playoffs again

BEES

Post by BEES » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Sep 24 2015, 02:14 AM</dd></dl><div>im going to narrowly miss the playoffs again[/quote]I was gonna say that two vet teams are missing, so this would be your chance, but Badnik and TBR are really stepping it up this time, and the new guys have some good bots too, which more than cancels that out imo.

Just RP your pants off and hope for the best really.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:19 am

Thats the problem, i cant rp for shit :v: