My analysis/predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

StarlessSoldier

My analysis/predictions

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Well, today's the deadline and the entries are in. How do the new bots stack up? Here's my analysis by weight class.

Lightweights: This class is very heavy in bots with inactive weapons, however Double Dose and Gayle stand out as definite threats. Both are improvements on proven designs and at this point in their careers are all but flawless. But don't count out the wedge crowd either. Novastorm looks very impressive, and of course Underall is back and redesigned with a new interchangeable wedge set up. Will these bots dominate, or will obscure and versatile bots like Pit Bull and Sovereign make a surprise showing? Only time will tell.

Juggernaut: Underall by a land slide. This things on a hell of a roll right now and don't expect Dylan to let up.

Underdog: Zombie Killer. This bot just doesn't seem to have much going on for it. Don't count it out however, as simplicity often wins the day.

Bot to watch: Double Dose. This bot has a nasty new design with a massively powerful weapon, alot of speed, and a tough competitor at the helm. Expect it to go far.

Best looking: I'm gonna go with Underall on this one, great looking new paint job on an already sexy bot.

Middleweights: This class as usual has a little bit of everything! Gemini's Sunshine threatens to level the competition with a massively powerful axe, while bots like Shockwave and JAKT bring a balanced approach to the table. The big hitter here is AMP, the infamous overhead motor spinner, with Rooster Teeth and FBSDS bringing even more destructive power. Not to be mundane, Succotash has brought a wild new concept to the table; a stomping turret axe bot... yes you heard right.

Juggernaut: AMP. This thing's got a mean streak a mile long and an upside down Etek with YOUR name on it.

Underdog: The Aristocrats. I don't think I need to explain this prediction, but if anyone can prove me wrong, Phil's the guy to do it.

Bot to watch: Shovearound 2. If played right, this bot could be a hell of a contender ala Vlad the Impaler.

Best Looking: Shockwave. Honestly, what doesn't look cool about this thing?

Heavyweights: This seems to be a wedge heavy class with Tank and Flaminco offering up extremely tough low profile designs. Wedge based bots like Redemtion Denied, Babaganoush, Giant Swan, and Aquarius are threatening to turn the competition on its head with flipping and lifting capabilities. Two big surprise bots this time around are the innovative new rookie, Striker, and the return of revered veteran, Adrenaline.

Juggernaut: Some Kind of Monster. I just have a feeling this bot is gonna fuck some shit up with that nasty "drum-in-wedge" design.

Underdog: Aquarius. This one is a good design, it just doesn't really impress me all that much. Not to mention the Heavyweights are probably the most competitive this time around.

Bot to watch: Tie between Striker and Adrenaline. On one hand you have a brand new rookie design with the proven "underall" wedge design and in innovative new type of weapon. On the other you have a veteran that has always been expected to do well but never got the chance. These two are gonna be interesting to see.

Best Looking: Adrenaline. It's sexy, and yes I picked my bot twice, big whoop wanna fight about it?

Super-Heavyweights: Did someone say rammers? This class has some mean ones, with Yellow Cloud, Copperhead, and Eurypterus bringing the pain. But don't count out the sea of wicked spinners, led by none other than Japanese School Girl's twin ICE powered blades. Jack Frost, It, and AK 47 have plenty of kinetic energy to go around as well. Cascade looks to be a force to be reckoned with with a monstrous flipping wedge. Last but certainly not least we have the awesome seasoned vet Road Rage, who is certain to "take control" of this class.

Juggernaut: Tie bitches; JSG and Road Rage.

Underdog: Eurypterus. This one's just not looking promising. Narrow wedge combined with big exposed wheels in a spinner heavy class? Yeah, thought so.

Bot to watch: Cascade. Very cool design with alot of potential. Expect it to go far.

Best Looking: JSG. Come on... it's pink for god's sake, pink!

That's my analysis and if I offended anyone or left anyone out, you all know my policy on telling you to eat a dick.

Fish Of Doom

My analysis/predictions

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:15 pm

Good analysis, and I agree with alot of your picks. Here's my views.

LW: It's like battlebots all over again. We have Gamma Raptor, Wedge of Doom, Herr Gepoundin, Ziggo, Toe Crusher...
Juggernaut- You really can't count underall as anything else, I'm the guy to beat in this class. Double dose is a an older bot with alot of experience as well.
Underdog-Professer Pepperdine or Novastorm.

MW: It's like all spinners or hammers. Who will come out on top?
Juggernaut-AMP or Shockwave, two former MW champs, the real question is "where's barrier?"
Underdog-I'll agree on Shovearound

HW: It's designs that could all be LWs, only BIGGER
Juggernaut- Tank and Some Kind of Monster
Underdogs- Low Wedges out of no where! Striker, Giant Swan, Flaminco

SHW: The Spinners vs. Pushers war continues.
Juggernaut-JSG, i mean come on.
Underdog-It's hard to say, but I'll say Yellow Cloud. It's the plainest robot in the world, but it's philip and it's had some minor but definitely helpful improvements.

G-Force

My analysis/predictions

Post by G-Force » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:32 pm

hm, preditions for finalists:

LW: Double dose and underall

MW: JAKT and shockwave

HW: tank and aquarius

SHW: JSG and cascade

panicattacky2k

My analysis/predictions

Post by panicattacky2k » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:21 pm

Whoo! Underdog!!

LW...Gayle should definitly do something. It could possibly win it all too, depending on if it has to fight something like Underall or not...of course, it could be nasty if it had to fight Double Dose too.

MW ...Both Shockwave and AMP are past champions, so they can't be counted out. FBSDS could do something too. I have my doubts about JAKT though, seems like the stats are in the wrong places...a 6 weapon spinner won't do a whole lot considering all the bricks in the MW division. [No offense starless]

HW ...Striker could do something cool, I'm really not sure how well that kind of weapon is going to work. Tank's a good design too...Some Kind of Monster is also impressing me, Adreadaline's also pretty intresting, it won't be doing a lot with it's 3 weapon, but a lot of designs won't be able to do much to it due to it's great armor and torque...

SHW ...Cascade is definitly very cool looking, not to mention JSG. Jack Frost is another cool design.

Edit: Double Dose and Underall...didn't they fight in FRR1 once? That'd be cool to see again.

succotash_54

My analysis/predictions

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:44 pm

I just want to state that it's a hammer on The Aristocrats, not an axe. Why the hell do all my hammers look like axes and vice-versa?

Minion33088

My analysis/predictions

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Nov 5 2006&#44; 10:21 PM</dd></dl><div> MW ...Both Shockwave and AMP are past champions, so they can't be counted out.

Edit: Double Dose and Underall...didn't they fight in FRR1 once? That'd be cool to see again. [/quote]
Hmm... I forgot AMP won a championship. Which one was that?

Yeah, DD and Underall fought in the first season of FRR I beleive. Underall won I think, but it was close and both bots were different then.

I'm surprised Some Kind of Monster is getting such good reviews. I hope it can live up the expectation. What's not to understand about the concept Panic? It uses the low front wedge to get under and slam bots with the drum.

panicattacky2k

My analysis/predictions

Post by panicattacky2k » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Oops. I was going to say something diffrent about Adreadaline, but then I kind of understood it was more a defenseive machine. I guess I forgot to edit that bit out.

And yeah, AMP won...FRR3, was it? Or was it Ahnnilation?

Siphai

My analysis/predictions

Post by Siphai » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:55 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Nov 5 2006&#44; 06:54 PM</dd></dl><div> Underdog: Eurypterus. This one's just not looking promising. Narrow wedge combined with big exposed wheels in a spinner heavy class?
[/quote]
It has a plow attachment specifically for spinners. The wedge is for other wedges.

Anyway, in LW I think that Red Zone and of course, Underall are extremely good. Gayle is a nice power spinner to round it all out too, though.

In MW Shockwave and AMP easily take that category. However Shovearound 2 is my favorite of Panic's team, and to be honest it would have been a successful design had Panic RPd with it in the past. I think he has a good chance at a suprise showing here.

In HW Tank is usually very good, but he's getting kinda nervous at all the low wedges. Striker looks pretty cool, though I'm skeptical as to how it's weapon will be in this class, as will Adrenanline. Aquarius is good too.

SHW is a pretty cool class, and it's really not defined at all.

Yeah, Amp won Annihilation MW.