Playoff Hunt!

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri May 18, 2007 8:27 pm

Alright, it's that time of season again, folks. The playoff race! Check to see how you are doing. Remember, the top 4 bots in each weight class make the playoffs. In the case of a 3-way or 4-way tie at the end of the season for a playoff spot, we will have a rumble to determine it (god, i hope that doesn't happen).

Bolded bots - Bots currently in a playoff position
* - Bots that are tied for a playoff position

Team Records

Team Gemini 28-12
Team Hunga 22-15
Team AC/DC 27-15
Team Targeted 21-17
Team Blood Gulch 21-19
Team Animal Cruelty 19-19
Team Search and Destroy 16-21
Team Yellow Alert 19-17
Team Misogyny Technologies 14-22
Team Toxic 4-32

Lightweight

1- Underall 8-1
2- Zombie Killer 10-1
3- Celestial Slayer 6-4
4- Double Dose 6-5

5- Dandelioness 5-4
6- Smack Happier 4-5
7- Feedback 3-6
8- Silver Phantom 2-7
9- Gudfernuthin 2-7
10- Exotherm 2-7

Middleweight

1- Barrier 9-1
2- Influenza 8-2
3- Rooster Teeth 6-5
4- Heartbreak and Hate 5-4

5- AMP 8-3 *
6- An Albatross 4-5
7- Pissed off Poltergeist Resurrected 3-6
8- Scorpion Bite 3-6
9- Warper 2-7
10- Tiki Dude 1-8

Heavyweight

1- Striker 11-0
2- F-Bomb 8-3
3- Tank 6-3
4- Stampede 5-5

5- Diamond Jim 6-4 *
6- Probot 4-5
7- Arbiter 2-7
8- Road Rage 3-6
9- Death Composition 2-7
10- Enigma 23 0-9

Superheavyweight

1- JOLT 10-1
2- Adreniton 7-3
3- Eurypterus 9-2
4- Sand Crab 6-4

5- Hellraiser Hybrid 4-5
6- Manta 5-4
7- Predator 3-6
8- Phobia 2-7
9- Power Bar 1-8
10- Dirty Shirley 1-8

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt!

Post by succotash_54 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:44 am

Well, even if Warper wins the next three fights, it'll still have a losing record, so it's safe to say I won't be in the MW playoffs. Diamond Jim and Dandelioness hanging on by the skin of their teeth, Sand Crab still has a chance, and I hope I can make something happen.

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt!

Post by succotash_54 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:13 am

Ok, I'm trying to figure out likelihoods and clinchers and all that such jazz, and there just seems to be too many independent variables to figure out just yet. All I know right now is that 7 is the magic number. 7 wins will guarantee a slot in the playoffs, which means either Underall or Zombie Killer will definitely clinch it this week.

I started trying to figure out some of the other particulars, but like I said, too much up in the air. I figured the only way Striker would NOT make the playoffs is for Chris to lose his last three, Alex and I would win all three of our last three, and F Bomb 3 to beat Stampede this weekend...and I'm not even certain about that!! Hopefully with the next round of results we can some things cleared up.

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun May 27, 2007 2:25 am

JOLT's probably in the playoffs almost certainly at this point, too. I would think the same for Barrier and Influenza in MW, but the thing there is a LOT of good bots in MW, so it's hard to tell with that one yet. There are a lot of last minute underdogs that tend to pull through (Heartbreak and Hate last season).

Kiazi

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Kiazi » Thu May 31, 2007 6:07 pm

If Smack Happier wins his next two fight, he will will 5-4. I'm hoping that will be enough to snag a spot in the Playoffs.

I doubt I will beat Barrier so I think that I will probably miss the MW Playoffs.

Stampede still has a chance but I have to win my next two fights and that will be a very tall order against Striker and Tank.

I'm pretty sure HH is out. It would take a lot of luck to get to thye Playoffs.

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt!

Post by succotash_54 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Updated! As of this week, Underall, Zombie Killer, Barrier, Influenza, Striker, F-Bomb, JOLT, and Adreniton have all clinched! The 3 and 4 spots in each division are still hotly pursued in all four divisions though, ESPECIALLY the Middleweight! The only reason the rankings look like they do is because that's where they were last week, among those 4-3 MWs. An Albatross beat Rooster Teeth, who beat Heartbreak And Hate, who beat AMP, who beat An Albatross. Mathematically, it looks like this:

Albatross > Rooster Teeth > MY HANDS! > AMP > Albatross

It's a full circle! Rooster Teeth will take on AMP in Week 9, while Albacore Tuna will try and clear out the Abandoned Factories this week. And Pissed-Off Poltergeist may not be completely out of the running yet, either folks. THIS is the division to watch these last two weeks!

Siphai

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Siphai » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:38 am

Hmm...

Well, Philip, I guess you could say that Eurypterus has clinched it as well. It would become official if he beat Manta, but even if he loses then it would be tough for him to get knocked out of the final four.

Sand Crab fights JOLT this week, and Adreniton the next. I don't want to say that he has no chance of winning, but SC will have to pull out all the stops, and then some to win one of those fights and have Eurypterus lose both of his next.

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt!

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Oh, I intend to pull out all the stops, the yields, and knock out all the stop lights in the area, and even the stop ahead signs!!

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt!

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Ok, here's what it breaks down to:

LIGHTWEIGHT

Underall and Zombie Killer have clinched. As far as Double Dose, Celestial Slayer, and Dandelioness are concerned....

One, if Celestial Slayer wins OR if Dandelioness loses, Celestial Slayer and Double Dose are in, regardless of how Double Dose and Dandelioness perform.

Two, if Dandelioness wins AND Celestial Slayer loses, then it's all on Double Dose. If Double Dose wins in this case, it's Dandelioness and Double Dose. If Double Dose loses in this instance, there will have to be some kind of showdown to determine who the last two will be.

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Barrier and Influenza are in for certain. The four-way debacle for 3rd and 4th place is between four bots: AMP, Rooster Teeth, An Albatross, and My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World. Lots of scenarios, a couple with the same outcome. And with two of them fighting this week, here's what's on tap:

If Rooster Teeth beats AMP this week, the last two spots on the dance card go to Rooster Teeth and Heartbreak And Hate, regardless of how Heartbreak And Hate or An Albatross perform this week.

If AMP beats Rooster Teeth, AMP clinches for certain, with the following possibilities for the fourth spot:

--If given AMP's victory, Heartbreak And Hate wins, Heartbreak And Hate would clinch, regardless of how An Albatross does. (For Dylan, this means that if Heartbreak And Hate wins this week, he's in no matter who wins between AMP and Rooster Teeth.)

--If given AMP's victory, BOTH Heartbreak And Hate and An Albatross lose, Rooster Teeth clinches the fourth spot.

--If given AMP's victory, Heartbreak And Hate loses but An Albatross wins, there'll be a showdown of some sort for third place between Heartbreak And Hate, Rooster Teeth, and An Albatross.

HEAVYWEIGHT

Striker and F Bomb 3 have clinched. As for the other two, what it comes down to is this: if Diamond Jim loses, it's Tank and Stampede in the playoffs. If Diamond Jim wins, he clinches, and the fourth will be the winner of the Tank/Stampede fight. Sorry Alex, only Dylan can keep me out of the playoffs.

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT

JOLT, Adreniton, and Eurypterus Evolved have clinched. And unless Adam shows up, Manta is guaranteed a fifth win. Which makes competition with Sand Crab and Hellraiser Hybrid. Which puts up this situation:

One, if Sand Crab wins, Sand Crab has the fourth spot, regardless of how Hellraiser Hybrid does.

Two, if both Sand Crab AND Hellraiser Hybrid lose, Manta clinches fourth place.

Three, if Sand Crab loses and Hellraiser Hybrid wins, there'll have to be a showdown between these three for the fourth spot.

There you have it folks, that's how the scramble towards the finish line plays out.

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:16 pm

A very thorough breakdown of each weight class. To be honest, I'm surprised there's such a race in every single weight class this time. Good luck to all contenders.

i think i got my cat preg

Playoff Hunt!

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:29 pm

im guessing an albatross is completely out of the picture now right

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt!

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:38 pm

If you lose, yes, you're out. If you win, you only have a chance if both Heartbreak And Hate AND Rooster Teeth lose.

i think i got my cat preg

Playoff Hunt!

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:52 pm

haha yeah im pretty much fucked then

Siphai

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Siphai » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:53 am

Holy crap, Team Targeted made a huge jump. We used to be 3rd worst in the league, and now we're 4th best. Finally we've picked up some steam =D

Kiazi

Playoff Hunt!

Post by Kiazi » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:23 pm

So for SHW, I not only have to beat Youassriptus but then I might have to battle Crabs Monster. The news keeps getting better and better. :ph43r:

I think I have some chance in my HW fight so hopefully I can clinch a spot in there. Although the two bot who have clinched have beaten me severlely so that doesn't look good either.