Lay on your back, and I'll tell you the Spreads...

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Boy, the spreads for last season got much more chatter going. Are people just sick of me doing this? I can stop if you guys really want me to.

Let's go forward, with what may be the last Spreads pick for ARC.

Team Misogyny Technology vs. Team Targeted

Matt and Alex square off for this series. Alex has hit a couple bumps in the past making assumptions about bots that were beyond the stretch of reason, and Matt goes nuts when people don't read/get all the descriptions involving his bots, so Alex might win this one just by making Matt go insane. See ya on the rubber truck, toAst!

1. Gudfernuthin EX-H vs. Feedback

If these bots' losses to Dandelioness has proved anything, it's that weapon power and weapon durability makes a big difference when it's a bout of two spinners. EX-H's speed advantage is only Gudferrunning away once FB takes out the weapon.

My prediction: Feedback by KO at 1:43

2. An Albatross vs. Scorpion Bite

SB's a great and very low bot. AA is going to have to rely more on the wedges, because clamping effectively will be at a premium.

My prediction: Scorpion Bite by KO at 0:55

3. F Bomb 3 vs. Tank Mk 4

I just don't get how the wedges are all that effective on F Bomb. I mean, yeah I get how, but I don't get how. Still, while it'd be a mistake to count him out on this one, Tank's gonna have a field day.

My prediction: Tank Mk 4 29-16

4. You're Gonna Get It Dirty Shirley vs. Eurypterus Evolved

Well, it looks like I'm picking a sweep here for Team Targeted. EE will push this one around, and even IF the bot is invertible with a full 360 of arm swinging, humiliation will be the story for ARGH, WHERE DOES THE COMMA GO?!

My prediction: Eurypterus Evolved by TKO at 1:33

Team Animal Cruelty vs. Team Search And Destroy

Philip better get his RPs in early or else he'll end up replying to a Team RP, which he hates. Back in FRR3, Philip beat John in all four divisions. John is looking to avoid that humiliation again, and may even get the sweep here. Let's see why.

1. Dandelioness vs. Smack Happier

A low wedge that's ALSO a flipper. I'm getting flashbacks to last season's fight of FBSDS vs. Shockwave. If Dandelioness can get that lucky blow and take out the flipper, it'll still be an uphill climb cuz that's a nasty wedge.

My prediction: Smack Happier 40-5

2. Warper vs. Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected

Well, at least John spelled "Resurrected" correctly this time. And at least Philip isn't using The Aristocrats this time. No doubt John will go with a lifter attachment and go for the knockout against the souped up Warper. 1 has the width needed, but 2 makes it a scoop lifter versus scoop wedges. We'll see what John does, besides put Warper on his back.

My prediction: Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected by KO at 1:57.

3. Diamond Jim vs. Stampede

The wedge design will make it difficult for Diamond Jim to go to work against Stampede. I'm betting on lifter 2 for this one. The Vlad forks.

My prediction: Stampede 23-22

4. Sand Crab vs. Hellraiser Hybrid

Battle of the treadbots! Sand Crab will make it interesting, with some good strategizing, but it better enjoy the in-flight movie, cuz it'll be airborne a bit.

My prediction: Hellraiser Hybrid 24-21

Team Toxic vs. Team AC/DC

Adam is the only one to not RP this past week (as of time of typing). Let's hope this doesn't spell easy wins for all who've yet to face him. As of this typing, Paul's gotten 1 RP in, and may be working on the others.

1. Silver Phantom vs. Double Dose

DD's lowness and wedging will make it difficult for SP to grapple onto. That spinning bar of madness has the disadvantage in terms of weapon power though. Strength of RP will be CRUCIAL here.

My prediction: Double Dose 23-22

2. Tiki Dude vs. AMP

If Adam doesn't skimp on the RP, he could make it pretty competitive, but I don't think he'll hear the final bell on this one.

My prediction: AMP by KO at 2:44

3. Enigma 23 vs. Road Rage

Road Rage is gonna have difficulty on this one, but Enigma's pretty bulky for a bar spinner. But RR's speed advantage won't be enough to cover the armor deficiency.

My prediction: Enigma 23 25-20

4. Power Bar vs. JOLT

I just shudder to think of all the awsome power to be exerted in this one. This one will be a knockout. I just have no clue which though.

My prediction: JOLT by KO at 2:00

Team Gemini vs. Team Blood Gulch

TDS vs. Dr. Swiss. Bad hair, bad eyewear, bad accents. But good fights here.

1. Celestial Slayer vs. Zombie Killer

Celestial Serendipity will have a good fight here against Zombie Mask, but if the scoops can't outwedge the wedge, forget it. Speed advantage is crucial here, too.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 23-22

2. Barrier vs. Rooster Teeth

The teeth reach further now and present a veritable danger to even Barrier's low-angled wedge. The lifter may prove surprisingly vestigial.

My prediction: Rooster Teeth 24-21

3. Striker vs. Arbiter

The quest to get under Striker continues. Arbiter has some decent wedging, but I fear it won't be enough.

My prediction: Striker 31-14

4. Phobia vs. Predator

That drum could easily be the story of this one. It's good enough to wreck that wedge or the plow. Fun times here.

My prediction: Predator 27-18

Team Yellow Alert vs. Team Hunga

I've long held this belief that when you say Dylan's team name, you need to say it as if there's an exclamation point at the end. Since Nick only joined recently, I've not-as-long held this belief that his team's name should be said like the computer on the Starship Enterprise. Annnnnnnnnnyways....let's look at the fights.

1. Exotherm vs. Underall

Pit Bull couldn't knock the old Exotherm onto its side, so Underall shouldn't be able to either, at least not on pure thwack power. The wedges may be a different sotry, but I doubt it. Should be an interesting one.

My prediction: Underall 25-20

2. Influenza vs. My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World

A spinner versus a bot that has a good track record against spinners. RP quality to factor in huge here.

My prediction: My Hands Are Abandoned Factores Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World 24-21

3. Probot vs. Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition

At best, the bar could muck up the flipper arm, but maybe fighting just as a wedge will be better for Nick. I have no clue how to call this one. Total guess here.

My prediction: Probot 23-22

4. Manta vs. Adreniton

I'm thinking Ziggy vs. Megabyte. But this could go either way. A fun one. I think theatrics will sway the judges here. Unfortunately, no one actually sees the fights. That sucks.

My prediction: Manta 25-20

Kiazi

Post by Kiazi » Mon May 14, 2007 10:09 pm

Oh no...keep doing them. I do enjoy reading them.

I don't think that I will ge tthe sweep though. I can wish though.

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Mon May 14, 2007 10:13 pm

fbombs wedges work much in the same way dandelionesses blades damage things. ooh did i just hear something sizzle lol

the wedge isnt the focus of the bot its the pushing power, the wedge is practically secondary. if anything the little wedge at the bottom does more than the big plate on the front. its just there so i'm the one doing the pushing

also im going to kill you for one reason or another

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue May 15, 2007 12:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>May 14 2007&#44; 10:13 PM</dd></dl><div> fbombs wedges work much in the same way dandelionesses blades damage things. ooh did i just hear something sizzle lol [/quote]
ICEBURN XD

I agree with Kiazi. Keep doing these, they're awesome. I really do like seeing me predicted to win 3/4 fights, or sweep, and then get my ass handed to me on a silver platter. (note: I still like the spreads :P)

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Yeah, I enjoy them too. It seems as though Road Rage is definitely my weak link huh?

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue May 15, 2007 4:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Minion33088</dt><dd>May 15 2007&#44; 03:08 PM</dd></dl><div> Yeah, I enjoy them too. It seems as though Road Rage is definitely my weak link huh? [/quote]
Meh, he was a good robot, but he's shown the signs of age last season. Not even a fresh breath of life could revive him, especially after he has shown that the best he can do is second place.