League of Robotic Excellence Season 2: Pre-Season Prediction

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:33 am

With the exception of Nick's heavy, everyone has their entries in, so time to do this thing!

LW

Zadkiel 2
Vicious looking spinner and with an excellent backup weapon. Lian's RPing skills have also improved immensely the past few seasons. This one could win it all.

Anti Virus
Hey look! It's this guy again! And as wedgy and annoying as before!

Nanael
Fucking hell, it's Teresa again. Only this time spikes are nerfed so it isn't unkillable :v: Will probably still make the playoffs though.

Shade Fist
It's got that Scarab vibe that should get it into the playoffs if I RP well with it.

Conqueror II
Enough armor to beat the spinners, and a powerful flipper which could OOTA the rammers. However, a lack of side protection could hurt it.

Microwave
Powerful spinner with some good wedge protection. Only problem I see is that self-righting seems unlikely.

Scatterbrain
The melty brain bonus will help it, and it has enough speed now to do some serious damage. Will we see a repeat playoff?

Anti-Body
It's a generic thwack, but this may not have been the best season to try this design.

Final Punishment
Fast and pushy enough to take out spinners, but against rammers I think it'll struggle a bit.

Dead
It's a generic undercutter, which means it'll probably do well enough to be a contender. Is Playzooki a good enough RPer to do that well with it though?

Le-Mans
Sorry TBR, but I can't see how it can do well with such a boxy shape and low-power flipper. Could surprise me though.

Mr. D
:dawg:

MW

Harbinger
Yes Josh, I'm putting it here :v: Like all of Kody's CBNBC entries, it's a hard counter to 90% of the class and will probably do really well.

Pterodactyl
Tracks FTW! And so does the flipper! It'll definitely do well.

Mimete
The two-stage lifter is really cool, and it'll probably make the playoffs.

Bulletproof Bomb
Speedy, well-armored, powerful flipper. Will definitely be a threat to wedges and spinners alike.

Latvian Gambit
I fucking love this design Marti. It's genius. As long as it can keep its tracks away from the saws it'll do great.

Toe Chipper
Maybe not the best season to enter Electric Boogaloo into, but it could definitely rack up some upsets, especially with Alex's RP skills.

Merry Hampton
Lian is a cheaper bastard than Nick :v: However I think the armor bonus is a little unneeded, and it's SO FUCKING WIDE. Has Lian gone a little overkill here?

March or Die 4
Playzooki improves this thing every competition. If he plays his cards right this could be his season.

Depth Charge
The clamshell flipper is a novel idea, but I don't know if it's wedgy enough to win too often.

Tesla's Revenge
I'm still not 100% confident in this thing. We'll see how it goes.

BRVR
Too many bricks for this to do too well.

Pikabot
Narrow and no wedge protection from the sides. It's a cool bot but I don't see it getting many wins.

HW

Cutie Honey
Screw you. :v:

Klarinette 3.5
Screw you too. :v:

Snijmachine
Screw you three. :v:

Terminal Velocity
Speed, wedge, armor, flipper. It has it all. Watch this to give the HW class some serious airtime.

Stormbringer
Really well done and will probably make the playoffs.

Rocket Knight
Generic wedge box that will probably go far. They always do.

Gamma Ray
Making this my sleeper pick. It's a badass overhead spinner that ALSO has a ramming bar, what's not to like? Only problem is I haven't seen the finished version yet :v:

Coldforge
Kody has more confidence in this than I do :v: It's well-designed but there are SO MANY BRICKS

Meta Ridley
Poor Josh. Just picked the wrong season to enter this into.

Shrek
It's a solid block of metal on wheels. Unfortunately there's so many flippers it's hard for me to say it'll do well.

Jackelyn Cryderman
It's a really really cool spinner but tbh I don't think this was the right season to enter it into. Could still do well but idk.

Golden Blaze
The spinner looks REALLY unwieldy. That'll definitely cause some turning problems.

SHW

Black Mamba
Hi Barrier! :v:

Mandetta
Took him long enough to come back. Should be the OP brick it's always been.

Hephaestus
This was probably a good idea considering the opponents it has. It'll be able to make some nice holes in its opponent's tops and knock them out fairly quickly.

G.R.O.S.S.
Definitely the best spinner in the class. It could probably beat a few bricks with the right strategy.

Statikk Shiv
I really like this design. Hoping it does as well as I'm predicting it to.

Master of Savagery
Interesting idea. It should do decently just because Kody's driving it. :v:

Force Majeure
It's cool and its weapons look like they work well, but tbh that's about all it has going for it. Will it have enough torque to do well?

A Grand Declaration of War
Powerful melty brain but idk if this was the right season to use it. Lots of bricks.

Chemical Fusion
Powerful spinner. If it can get the disc into play it could be a dark horse.

In the Red Square, Minion!
The design is cool, and if it has enough torque it might do better than where I've placed it.

Nitrax
Definitely the best SHW that Mystic has ever entered. It could pull some surprise wins with the right strategy.

Power-Jack
Probably not a good idea. While I see the idea Lian was going for I think he's used too many weapon points for it to do that well. Especially with the weapon he's going for.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:37 am

i will narrowly miss the playoffs

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:42 am

Fair predictions me thinks. Rocket Knight will possibly do well for me, Fusion has a chamce, Pikabot is a complete diasaster me thinks and I think Le-Mans can produce a few shocks, if not then I'll think of a better LW :)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:20 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Nitrax
Definitely the best SHW that Mystic has ever entered.
[/quote]

Which isn't saying much really

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Final Punishment
Fast and pushy enough to take out spinners, but against rammers I think it'll struggle a bit. [/quote]

It was meant specifically for spinner killing

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Golden Blaze
The spinner looks REALLY unwieldy. That'll definitely cause some turning problems.[/quote]

Well i guess i could swap with the other version but now it's probably too late, i made this in a rush to have a Rhino 2 version of Golden Blaze

time for another fail season, might as well leave forever at this point

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:22 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mystic2000</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 08:20 AM</dd></dl><div>time for another fail season, might as well leave forever at this point[/quote]You don't know that. Seriously, knock it off man.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:02 am

Team Covenant predictions

Lightweights

1. Nanael
For those of you who didn't want to see Teresa again this season, I'm afraid I've got some b - wait, what? It's NOT Teresa? You could've fooled me. Anyway it's a pesky lifter with decent drive and a lot of armour. Spinners will fail to do much damage and wedges won't be able to get under it often. Rookie champ? Looking like it.

2. Microwave
Wedges everywhere? Check. Massive spinning bar of death? Check. Ability to self-right reliably? Ehhh... the class isn't chock full of flippers so who cares. :v: Very solid.

3. Anti-Body
I'm going to disagree with Badnik and put this guy here, simply because of the versatility this guy brings to the table. He has the most armour out of anyone, so if he protects his wheels nothing is going to touch him, and with the wedge, the wedge spikes, the thwack and the sheer amount of drive, he's going to be annoying to just about everyone.

4. Anti-Virus
Yeah... Original Sin/Maximus hybrid. Lot of speed, lot of front armour, lot of wedge, fuckload of torque. Like Anti-Body, annoying for everyone to fight. But the wedge is his only method of attack.

5. Conqueror
He might struggle against some of the spinners, but he can probably take on linear attackers like Anti-Virus well enough, and be irritating to the others. See him making the play-offs at least.

6. Dead
I hate the naming hi-jinks Playzooki did with this bot, but you can't argue with stats. Best weapon power in the class, could cause some surprises if playzooki RPs well.

7. Zadkiel II
And that single weapon point is the difference between Zadkiel and the above bot. Zadkiel is going to find it tough to fight any of the rammers and high-armoured stuff.

8. Scatterbrain
He's a translational spinner, what do you want from me. The bonus is nice but the fact that he gets no armour bonus at all will hurt him against other horizontal spinners, unless NFX goes for the "spin the opposite way" tactic. :v:

9. Shade Fist
A lot of bricky stuff for Shade Fist to do well here, and HSes will eat those supports for breakfast.

10. LeMans
Not feeling it, he's a jack-of-all-trades bot and will probably be outdone by every dedicated rammer/spinner out there.

11. Final Punishment
It's an unusual shaped bot, I'm not really sure how he'll do.

12. Mr. D
lmao

Middleweights

1. Pterodactyl
Yeah, um... good luck fighting this guy. Front armoured thing for fighting the spinners, forks and flipper for fighting other things. He'll take you back to the Mesozoic Era, bitch&#33;

2. Toe Chipper
I really am a fan of this robot, but that alone says nothing on how he'll do. He's fast enough to stop bricks from getting at the sides/corners and even if the bar stops, he can get under shit with those awesome fork things lol. Plus 13 weapon power against a lot of sub-par armoured bots tells a big story.

3. BRVR
Yeah I'm putting you here Mystic, what are you gonna do about it? :P Again, not a lot of well-armoured bots in this class, and he can probably give Toe Chipper a good fight.

4. Depth Charge
He flips&#33; He tosses&#33; Yeah, this guy packs a wallop with his flipper. I think he can get under a lot here, but 8 armour nowadays is just not enough lol.

5. Mimete
At least the armour bonus makes sure she won't get immediately mauled by stuff like Toe Chipper and BRVR, but one hit on the supports and it's over.

6. Latvian Gambit
As I burn in envy being unable to CAD such an amazing design... :P well, if people can get around the scoop or hit an edge on it, they can probably take him. But he should go far anyway.

7. Merry Hampton
The ONLY, and I mean ONLY robot in this class that can withstand any spinner for the whole match. That said, any decent wedge and/or lifter is going to rape him whether he's inverted or not.

8. Harbinger
I would have ranked him higher but he seems pretty weak to wedges, and it's not like he's that well protected against spinners, especially Toe Chipper.

9. Bulletproof Bomb
Hey look fellas, StarlessSoldier brought back the Carnage version of Diamondback&#33; It'll probably perform better too, but I don't think it'll live up to the Bulletproof part of its name.

10. March or Die
playzooki's flagship robot. Will probably do well as always, but he's vulnerable to spinners like over half the class is.

11. Tesla's Revenge
I just don't see him doing that well at all. The 10-power saw is a nice touch but the arm is going to come down very slowly, allowing bots the chance to get away before it can hit them. Also the pan seems really small.

12. Pikabot
You know, it hurts putting him here because he is actually a very decently statted machine. That said, the forks are too small and he's way too narrow to get in attacks much.

Heavyweights

1. Klarinette
God damn, is Lian going to have a three-time champ before me and Josh do?&#33;? Go to hell Lian. :P

2. Snijmachine
And Alex enters this guy again. I have a love-hate relationship with this robot. I love the design, but I hate both having to fight him and writing its results. :P Anyway he'll do solid again.

3. Cutie Honey
The anime bot returns to enrage people enough to spit abuse at Kody for the name. Woo hoo. It's well armoured and has a decent amount of torque... probably won't be a champ though. To the delight of many.

4. Terminal Velocity
His armour could be better, but if you can find an edge on this guy to hit, good luck. Even Snijmachine might have trouble with this guy... maybe.

5. Gamma Ray
The thing is that I'm not sure how well the puncher will do, and it might prove to be a catalyst for wedges to get under... it's not going to really damage them that much... other than that, this bot is COOL.

6. Coldforge
Why do I have such confidence in this, Badnik? It's wide as hell and 13 weapon power isn't something you can underestimate. Plus 8 armour ensures he won't die any time soon.

7. Shrek
:dirk:

8. Rocket Knight
Descriptions are important. Unfortunately TBR does not specify that his wedges are hinged, and being 6WD any wedge is probably going to get under him and pretty much boss him around. Hopefully the amount of spinners in here offsets that to the point where he can at least make the play-offs, because he is a decent rammer.

9. Meta Ridley
That 13 weapon is the only thing this bot has going for it. Well, that and the amazing paint job. :P

10. Stormbringer
I feel I should explain why I'm putting him here. I just think his low traction will hurt the shit out of him when bots attack his sides, especially the high-armour and high-speed rammers. Plus the spinners will be able to grab onto his set of teeth on the drum and fling him away. I guess having some torque to go with the awesome wedge helps but eh...

11. Jackelyn Cryderman
a/s/l?

lol. It's a damn good vertical spinner but there's too many counters for it to do well.

12. Golden Blaze
:/ ...

Superheavyweights

1. Hephaestus
Well, Alex Mac entered this at exactly the right time. Pretty much nothing in this class can withstand his axe. The only real issue I can see is his ability to turn with 6WD and 4 traction, but to counter that he can probably stay in his square against the faster bots.

2. Black Mamba
Annoying lifter. Need I say more?

3. G.R.O.S.S.
STEVEout spinners can eat a metric ton of shit. :P Okay okay, I directed that at the last version of G.R.O.S.S. This one is better, and could probably do some real damage.

4. Vendetta
I'm never going to call it anything else. :P Anyway WOOT he's back&#33;&#33;&#33; Barring Hephaestus he can take out pretty much anyone if he plays his cards right.

5. Chemical Fusion
More potent than the CBNBC variant. Depends on if he can get his spinner into play. If he can, he'll be golden.

6. Minion
At first I was going to go with Spatula's gag of putting him #1 and watching everyone's reaction, but NaH. :cool: Wait, that joke doesn't make sense? Hmph. Anyway I think he'll do well, but not as well as the more dedicated vertical spinner just above him. I do hope he makes the play-offs though.

7. Master of Savagery
Has armour to deal with spinners, and enough torque combined with the clamp to push bots around. But he's pretty average so...

8. Static Shivv
Still a little narrow for my liking, and that spike isn't going to do much damage to anyone.

9. Force Majeure
Hi Shunt&#33;

10. Nitrax
I like it. It's certainly far from the worst bot Mystic has ever done, and I agree with Badnik that it could get a good amount of wins if RP'd right.

11. Power Jack
Ugh. The weapon split is going to fuck him up big time.

12. A Grand Declaration of War
Playzooki does not learn from The Watcher's mistakes at all, really... what's the ruling on translational bots with 6 theoretical weapon over their armour?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 pm

<big>Josh's STONE&#33; COLD&#33; LEAD&#33; PIPE&#33; LOCKS&#33;</big>

LW:

1. Anti-Virus
-I've tried and I can't really find much of anything to fault with this design other than geing insanely generic, but you don't win based off style points. :v:

2. Anti-Body
-How can you not love how versitile this thing is? I might have liked to see it just a bit faster to get a bit more omph out of the hammer, but he should still be just fine.

3. Nanael
-The things I let myself get talked in to. :P

4. Conqueror
-It's a very nice design concept. He's going to have some trouble pushing around the above bots but should still be a good bet to make the playoffs.

5. Zadkiel 2
-Zads goes on the Atkin's diet and how&#33; That could make it harder for rammers to bully him around if there isn't as much solid body to wedge.

6. Microwave
-Unless Nick really goofs with the stats (highly unlikely) he should get another reasonably productive season out of Microwave, but probably not to the level he's enjoyed the past few season. It's going to be a lot more difficult to make a post-season run.

7. Shade Fist
-Nothing too fancy about this drumbot and he looks to be destined for middle of the pack success but he could be a dark horse for the playoffs with some luck.

8. dead
-He's right here in the spinner logjam. It's pretty hard to tell how well spinners will do against the rammers here and you can really interchange these 4 spots pretty easily.

9. Le-Mans
-I REALLY want to feel better about this bot, but he's going to have trouble with spinners and I still don't think having the seperate sri-mech is the best use of points.

10. Scatterbrain
-Remember how cool it was when he made the playoffs? Too bad I don't feel it's likely at all here.

11. Final Punishment
-He's supposed to be annoying for Spinners, but he has WAY too easily targetable corners.

12. Mr. D
-I pity the fool who don't dig this Diglett&#33;

MW:

1. Merry Hampton
-He just looks too damn annoying to be denied.

2. Mimete
-He looks to be the best "hope" for taking down Merry Hampton, but I think the solution isn't much better than the problem :v:

3. Bulletproof Bomb
-He doesn't have great wedge protection, but I think he could still have a really good season.

4. Toe-Chipper
-He doesn't have to worry about a bunch of Horizontal Spinners giving him a hard time and I think his design is solid enough to match up well with a lot of the rammers.

5. Depth Charge
-He could probably stand to be a bit tougher, but he'll have a great chance at flipping bots into that OOTA zone.

6. Pterodactly
-He could probably move up once his stats are posted.

7. MoD
-He's been a reliable contender for Zooki for quite some time now, but there are better flippers here.

8. Harbinger
-He's not trying to do too much like the last version was. It's all about how well he can utilize his speed.

9. Latvian Gambit
-He could very well outperform this standing, but I'm a bit wary of how well he'll control bots with that plow lifter.

10. Tesla's Revenge
-I think this is a case of trying to do too much at once until you aren't very good at any of it.

11. BRVA
-A pretty standard undercutter that could do decently, but there's a lot of bots that can counter him well enough.

12. Pika Bot
- :-/

HW:

1. Cutie Honey
-Oh for crying out loud...

2. Klarinette
-Between these two fembots, whoever wins, we all lose. :v:

3. Terminal Velocity
-I dunno, I've got a good feeling about this bot, but with those two... We'll see.

4. Snijmachine
-I can no longer call this thing DUTCHout since it's virtually nothing like a STEVEout any more. Maybe now it's Double Dutch for Double Dose. I don't think the move away from STEVEout is really an improvement, but he's still a beast.

5. Rocket Knight
-He can't wedge much which could cause him some issues, but he can tank spinners like no ones business.

6. Coldforge
-So many rediculous bricks are going to leave spinners fighting desperatly for every win they can get.

7. Meta Ridley
-Oh why... Well maybe Omega Ridley. :headache:

8. Shrek
-Boring brick, that's it.

9. Stormbringer
-Great concept, wrong season. I'd love for Nick to prove me wrong though.

10. Golden Blaze
-There are better designed spinners and this isn't the season for them anyway.

11. JC
-I love the look, but I don't like it's chances.

SHW:

1. Hephaestus
-Alex does a Lian and keeps the same name on a bot while completely changing the design. I really can't find much not to like here.

2. G.R.O.S.S.
-Two huge bars and not a lot of area for wedges to target.

3. Black Mamba
-I'd actually make him an overall favorite, but I would have liked to see the lifter have a bit better range.

4. Power Jack
-Others might be down on the weapon split, but I'm going to give this thing the benifit of the doubt. He could have been a bit faster, but I like him as a dark horse candidate.

5. Mandetta
-I think Marti just likes trolling us when it comes to this design. Ultimately I think that 1 point lifter is going to be a complete waste.

6. Statikk Shiv
-Oh hi Solar Smash&#33; And since Smash is one of the oldest ARC designs in exisitance we can see how well the concept works with todays bots.

7. Force Majeure
-I like it. I'm not sold on how well that scoop will protect against other wedges though.

8. Master of Savagery
-This will be the bot that keeps Kody from making the playoffs in all 4 weight classes. I like the concept, but the competition will be too tough for it.

9. Chemical Fusion
-He's a scrappy looking vert spinner, but I don't see many good matchups for him.

10. Red Square Minion
-With good stats he can certainly be better than this ranking, but again, there's a lot of tough bots in SHW.

11. Nitrax
-Its a Solar Smash shape, but with a drum instead of a puncher. That drum isn't going to see much action and those wedges will be next to useless.

12. Grand Decleration of War
-Still has the issues of the first version of this design.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 12:30 PM</dd></dl><div>1. Hephaestus
-Alex does a Lian and keeps the same name on a bot while completely changing the design. I really can't find much not to like here.[/quote]lol. hey, I did the exact same thing with Tax Cutter, only the other way around :v:

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Mixed bag predictions, something tells me I should've allowed Upchuck to compete in this contest than Pikabot :(.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Looks like i'm in for another shit season. At this point I've given up hope of ever doing well. Oh well, not like i ever cared in the first place :v:

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Lightweight:

Playoff bots -

1. Nanael: Best design in the tournament. The spike is completely useless and a waste of a stat point imo, given the rules regarding spikes. To be honest he's better off going with the scoop setup 100% of the time since there's no disadvantage when compared to the other setup.

2. Microwave: Good overhead spinner. Still have to see the stats.

3. Conqueror: Much better than the previous version of conqueror. Might get beaten by better wedges, but otherwise will compete in every fight.

4. Zadkiel: Four wheel undercutter with wedge at the rear. Spinner might be a tad underpowered to compete with the more dedicated bricks. The size of the disc and the positioning of the wheels makes it a little unwieldy too.

5. Anti-Body: Quick versatile thwack. Vulnerable against spinners by design, but a good matchup against spinners by stats. Can compete in most matchups, but might have to get lucky.

6. Anti Virus: Not a super big fan of this, as far as rammers go. The plow actually looks kinda vulnerable to spinners. Fast enough to beat them anyway. Can win most of the matchups, might have a hard time against lifters specifically.

Can compete for a playoff spot -

7. Dead: It's this kind of spinner. Not much to say. the stat setup lets it compete with every design in the weightclass, at least.

8. Scatterbrain: Speed boost helps it out a lot, since it's no longer a slug on the arena. Still, these designs have always been vulnerable to spinners because its getting hit directly on the armor, while it is only able to hit the opponent's disc.

9. Le-Mans: Much better than the previous version, but still a little too blocky. Won't do too well against any of the spinners in the division.

Will have a tough time making the playoffs -

10. Shade Fist: Blocky design that looks vulnerable to spinners. Not really fast enough to deal with a dedicated rammer either. Really depends on the matchups.

11. Final Punishment: I wish the dustpan was a lot larger; I don't think a single robot can fit in there. Not to mention I'm not sure how good it will be at actually getting under anything. Probably best off playing most matches as a thwack.

12. Mr. D: I still have no idea how its supposed to self-right. A little underpowered for a spinner, and I can see it getting tipped over a lot.

Middleweight:

Playoff bots -

1. Square Wave: Get your own fuckin designs.

2. Pterodactyl: The changes make it more versatile than before. Pterodactyl makes the move from a playoff robot to a championship contender.

3. Bulletproof Bomb: I'm glad to see that GF93 has moved away from British style flippers to American style flippers, as they definitely are superior. BPB should do very well.

4. Latvian Gambit: Interesting design. Should perform fairly well. Would've liked to see it get more torque in order to compete with the more dedicated rammers and not have to rely totally on the lifter to get wheels off the ground.

5. BRVR: There are some robots that went all in on an anti-spinner setup but BRVR should actually be able to compete with those. The rest of the robots look fairly vulnerable to a spinner, with lower armor stats. Should do fairly well.

6. Merry Hampton: In football, this is what you would call "selling out to stop the run." Unfortuantely for Merry Hampton literally everyone audibled out of the run to throw a quick slant. There's only two spinners in this weight class, and one is vertical. This doesn't mean he can't compete with the rest of the weightclass, but its like he's playing with a handicap. I feel like it will be at a disadvantage when fighting flippers and lifters.

7. Toe Chipper: Lucked out since there's only one horizontal spinner. Otherwise might have trouble against the more dedicated rammers. Should do about as well as a vertical spinner can do.

8. March or Die: I was glad that playzooki learned how to crop his images correctly, and then he posts Dead lol. Well, we all know what MoD can do by now. Should be able to compete in all of its fights.

9. Depth Charge: Typical flipper. I'm not sure if it will do enough to stand out from the rest of the competition, but it shouldn't get blown out in any of its fights.

10. Harbinger: Josh your paint bots always look so chunky&#33;&#33; Speed demon with lots of armor means that it should handle any spinners, and the thwack helps it handle any lifters or rammers. Too fast for its own good? We'll see.

11. Pikabot: Not actually sure how this will do. Might do good might do bad. Looks like it might be ineffective when flipped? Not sure.

12. Tesla's Revenge: Dustpans are always tough to get right. I think I'm a little afraid that it might be too slow to deal with rammers, and not enough armor to deal with spinners. There's only two spinners though so the latter concern isn't really a problem. Otherwise I feel like the dustpan arms get in the way of the wedges, too.

Heavyweight:

Playoff bots -

1. Klarinette: Fixes his 'problems' with flat corners, but still has a weak lifter and only seven speed for what is essentially a rammer. Will do well otherwise.

2. Snijmachine: Double hinged wedge should help it out against the worse wedges with high armor. Should be able to do damage to everything else.

3. Stormbringer: Traction is just on the low side here - hopefully that won't be too much of a problem. I really like Stomrbringer, and I actually think that a drum is a good weapon in such a rammer stacked class. Wedge and average speed will help too. Will have a tough time winning against spinners.

4. Terminal Velocity: A little bit on the slow side imo. Also might have trouble with spinners since the flipper doesn't get the armor bonus (larger than 33% of surface area). Otherwise should compete solidly.

5. Cutie Honey: Well, it now looks like an actual robot, that makes sense, I guess. Probably will do about as well as your average GF93 flipper.

6. Shrek: Trollbot gets a ton of armor, but still has flat corners on all sides. Also only seven speed means that it's not way faster than any of the spinners in the class. Probably vulnerable to some of the lifters and flippers too. Can make the playoffs, on an F-Bomb like run, if I manipulate the shit out of the results like I did for F-Bomb, but unlikely.

7. Rocket Knight: Static wedges hurt it here. Can probably win against all the spinners, but will lose against all the wedges. Not a great compromise.

8. Meta Ridley: Solid spinner by itself I suppose. Rammer stacked class hurts it here. Probably a robot that will win or lose on a match to match basis. Could sneak into the playoffs or could crash depending on what happens in certain matches.

9. Coldforge: Tough year to enter a ring spinner. Traction is a little low, and there are too many rammers in this class while Coldforge has no backup option.

10. Jackelyn Cryderman: Vertical spinner might actually prove useful in a high armor, wedge heavy class. Might have a tough time against the more maneuverable lifters in the class, and the harder hitting horizontal spinners. Thankfully most robots seem to be around 7 speed so JC can keep up.

11. Golden Blaze: A little weak for a spinner, and the giant disc is a little unwieldy.

Superheavyweight:

Playoff bots -

1. Hephaestus: A solid power hammer with a strong wedge. Should do damage and compete in all of its matchups.

2. Vendetta: Trying to recapture the magic of the old Vendetta. Pink Wedge with a weak lifter to gain the upperhand is a smart move, one that a lot of people on the circuit are doing at the moment (a light motor set to a low torque just passively pressing the wedge down). Should do about as well as your average rammer does.

3. Black Mamba: I think the paintjob is playing tricks on my eyes. It looks really bulky from some of the perspectives for some reason, even though it's not really. Anyway I think the thing is vulnerable to spinners; the plow setup doesn't look flush with the main chassis. Can otherwise compete in every matchup.

4. Force Majure: I think its a little slow. Would probably do a lot better with 6 speed. Otherwise its a nice axe and lift combo, and should benefit from the new hammer damage scale.

5. Minion: The swinging chassis is a good touch and helps Minion deal with flippers a lot better. Might have trouble with spinners depending on how its statted. Have to fit a careful balance between a damaging drum, a good drive, and solid armor.

6. G.R.O.S.S: This thing feels really unstable. The second it hits a wedge the rear part of the blade will impact into the ground. The mega wide design also makes turning a problem - the wider your base the longer it'll take to turn. Also the last S should be capitalized in spinnerS&#33;

7. Chemical Reaction: A fairly solid vertical spinner. Should do decently; there are some hard counters, but otherwise there's no reason why CR can't compete in the rest of its matches.

8. Power-Jack: I think it should be a little faster. I think it was kinda smart to give the lifter 5 weapon, so that it qualifies for the +2 armor bonus, along with the other +1 he gaves it, boosts the lifter up to 10 armor and lets it survive against spinners. Otherwise I'm not a big fan of the lifter's shape; its not really a great design for keeping things on the wedge, which is what you want to do with a lifter.

9. Statikk Shiv: I don't know how well this will do. I'm not sure how good the spike will be, or the wedges. I feel like it'll have some trouble.

10. Master of Savagery: I don't like the sickles, or the hammer as far as effectiveness goes. The side hammers should have a lot more surface area, so they can get a better grip on whatever robot they're attempting to hold. The opposite holds true for the axe, you want less surface area so it does more damage. To top it off, MoS has like no ground clearance at all - this thing will get high centered on a piece of dust.

11. A Grand Declaration of War: I think we probably need to change the rules for melty thwack self destruction. Under this I think AGDW's weapon will stop working after 5 hits, but its "weapon" motors are the same ones that allow it to move, so having a 6 point weapon armor disparity is like a spinner having a 7 point weapon armor disparity. Idk, melty thwacks already have it hard enough.

12. Nitrax: A little too boxy, and the wedges look a little too ineffectual. He might have a hard time hitting opponents with the drum if he can't get under with the wedges.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:23 pm

i just realized my team fucking sucks lmao
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 22 2015, 01:23 PM</dd></dl><div>i just realized my team fucking sucks lmao[/quote]Apart from ZOMFG MINI-TERESA I know how you feel :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 22 2015, 01:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Apart from ZOMFG MINI-TERESA I know how you feel :v: [/quote]Master of Savagery is a showbot so it's bound to suck. :v: Also the rest of my team sucks and fuck you to whoever predicted me to win any classes.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:35 pm

BRVR is the only somewhat decent design i have in my team