LoRE 2: The Arena

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Honestly, I don't entirely know what I'm doing with the hazard stats, and I'm trying to make them less overpowered than the ones in the CBNBC arena. You guys seeing this now and telling me about it helps me fine tune it and make it as balanced as possible.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Minion33088</dt><dd>Mar 10 2015, 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div>Well don't do it just because I said something lol.[/quote]Nah it is kinda true. The drum having 10 weapon power was a little much, since that basically turns it into more of a vertical spinner than the traditional drum. It should have something more like 4-5; not enough to damage armor but enough to flip a robot. More keeping in line with the battlebots screws.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:19 pm

As far as the number of hazards are concerned, I think Paul did a great job making the arena large enough to where there's more than enough space for robots to fuck around without constantly tripping over hazards - especially for the lighter weight classes like LW and MW. I guess the only concern is the amount of damage that could be caused, which lowering the weapon power has helped out with. I think I'd lower the hammers to like a 7? Or so? The main trade off between the hammers and the arena discs is that the discs are more of a one shot, where it might be tough to grind a robot against them and its easier to slip away, whereas the hammers should do less damage, but its easier to pin a robot in that corner. IDK.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:27 pm

I realized something, that with the damage scale I'm using with the RB ruleset, robots with more than 8 base armor wouldn't take any damage at all from the hazards. So, since it's deemed incredibly difficult to balance the hazards for rammers and spinners, I've decided to remove the weapon values entirely, and go by the ARC arena rules which simply state robots take more hazard damage if they have less armor.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:28 pm

I don't even think you need definite point values anyway. With the way it is right now, most rammers are, in effect, completely immune to hazard damage so with the high amount of rammer vs rammer fights we're looking to have, you'd just be pushing your opponent to them for something to do rather than trying to wear them down lol.

The ARC arena doesn't really use numbers with the hazards. Basically the higher your armor, the less damage you take from them. No bot can ever be considered completely immune that way.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:29 pm

It's time to ban rammers entirely. All robots must have an active weapon. So say we all.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Poor rammers, they have it so rough. :v:

It's not like the vast majority of spinners and other active weapon bots will be able to make much use from the hazards. It's mostly so that rammer vs. rammer fights aren't a complete waste of time.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 10 2015, 12:29 PM</dd></dl><div>It's time to ban rammers entirely. All robots must have an active weapon. So say we all. [/quote]Then everyone will add a 1 point weapon to their rammers :v: