Custom Fantasy Wars - Series 2

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Final

Road Rage vs. Hexadecimator

Whoever guesses the Final correctly ends the game with 25 extra points... and is potentially the winner! Good luck! :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Welp, I guess I'll wager on Hexy-D.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:32 pm

All right, back in the lead!

Anyway, I'm going to say Hexadecimator for this one. I've considered both, but the performance of throwing versus simply lifting just wins it for me.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:45 pm

Road Rage

BOLDNESS :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:29 am

Just waiting for TBR and Badnik, and then I can write up the Final!

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:43 am

Road rage

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Going for Road Rage on this one. I can't win if I pick the same thing as Alex, right?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Final

Road Rage vs. Hexadecimator

So! Two battered but unbeaten finalists, and showing no signs of their earlier trials. Road Rage's scoop has been repaired by fellow teams, and Team WhoopAss have thrown in a replacement flipping arm which looks just the same, and fixed up a side panel. Now it's time for these motherfuckers to give one final push. Who's going to claim ultimate supremacy? Get ready, because the box is locked, the lights are on: it's robot fightin' time!

Road Rage is quick out of the gate but Hexadecimator is no slouch either, and the two Americans are sizing each other up. Road Rage decides to cross the line first and goes right at Hexy-D, but Hexy-D has other plans; Road Rage's sides! Sadly his plans are skewed almost immediately as Road Rage manages to sneak one of the scoop's prongs underneath the side of Hexy-D before the latter can do likewise, and here comes the lift... Hexy-D's stuck! Now Road Rage drives forward, but Hexy-D falls off the upraised scoop! Road Rage is right up against his side though, so Hexy-D doesn't have the room to turn and flip. Road Rage tries pushing him to the wall, but Hexy-D is trying to drive forwards and backwards, attempting to free itself. Eventually Hexy-D wins out, reversing, and Road Rage backs off as well, able to lower the scoop. Hexy-D returns to its circling tactic but it's not working for him. Road Rage gets under Hexy-D's own side again and this time gets the true lift and flip. Hexy-D goes over, but self-rights almost immediately, nearly throwing itself back over onto its back! Road Rage is on the ball immediately, but as he's lifted Hexy-D again falls off the scoop. Now he's in a position to flip Road Rage, and does so! Road Rage goes tumbling end over end!

Hexadecimator charges after its fellow Finalist, eager to make Road Rage pay for its earlier misfortune. Road Rage is tossed again, and ends up on the killsaws! Hexadecimator arrogantly drives straight over the killsaws, knowing if they pop up under Road Rage, they'll be separated and Hexy-D won't have an advantage. Well they pop anyway and both bots take some grinding from them. But Road Rage is away again, and now its lifting scoop is back down. They turn about and finally the two bots meet face to face. It's Road Rage who gets under and Road Rage who lifts and flips Hexy-D over again. Hexadecimator self-rights, but sadly right back onto the scoop and they get pushed across the arena, to take a 'hello' pounding from the pulverizer. It's an unfortunate situation for Hexadecimator as they can't touch the ground with their wheels and are suspended up by Road Rage's scoop, so they can't do anything but take hit after strenuous hit from the hammer. Finally Road Rage lets them go, but the hammers left little if any damage to the lid of Hexy-D, so off they go. Now it's Hexadecimator who gets under and Hexadecimator who flips Road Rage! The spunky scoopbot is thrown chassis-over-teakettle across the floor, but they move back and put the scoop back in its proper place. But they get flipped again and this time are near the wall! Hexy-D pours on the pressure, trying, inching to get Road Rage out, but they just can't do it. In return, Road Rage gets right under the side again, and lifts Hexy-D against the wall themselves. And then...

Time runs out.

----

Judges' scorecards:

Aggression
8-7 Hexadecimator (both of these guys were just aggressive as all make out, but Hexy-D simply piled itself upon Road Rage in that last half, whereas the first half of the match was pretty even)

Damage
8-7 Road Rage (Road Rage utilized the pulverizer to good effect, even though it actually didn't do much to Hexadecimator. Hexadecimator gets some points back for the greater saw hit and some flips)

Strategy
8-7 Road Rage (this was extremely difficult. Road Rage had some moments where it failed, namely the hit-and-miss going head-to-head the last two times, but it actually all boils down to Hexadecimator's tactics. At first Hexy-D tried to get around Road Rage's scoop and failed, and got punished for it. Then they went full bore at Road Rage which, while successful, was not really part of his strategy. Thus, Road Rage takes it in a squeaker)

Total
23-22 Road Rage

<big><big><big>Road Rage wins&#33;</big></big></big>

----

Now let's see the more important battle:

Final Scoreboard

=1. Nick F - 213
=1. Dylan McC - 213
2. Alex V - 203
3. Josh - 197
TBR - 196
playzooki - 191
Max - 149
Lian - 46
Martijn - 23
Mystic2000 - 7

So it looks like we have a tie. Oh well, you're both winners. :v:

And that's another CFW dusted. Congrats to NFX, Badnik96, GF93, NWOWWE, and the happy bunch of you others who entered. :)

Like before, CFW3 won't be for a while, if at all it happens. Don't expect it. I'm pretty busy these days but I do try and get stuff done.

See you soon, in another time and place. :proud:

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:09 am

fuck this

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:34 am

BOLDNESS :D

Congrats to Badnik as well, as well as Alex, Josh, and TBR, he was right up there for a while. Thanks to Kody for running this thing too.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:56 am

I was too tired to type in the final result, a bit gutted I didn't win, but I really enjoyed it. Well done to the winners it was a heated battle to see who kept on taking the lead.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:40 am

Considering that I wasn't doing the best during most of it, getting 3rd isn't too shabby.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:07 am

FIRST PLACE WOO

gg everyone, especially Nick who ended up tying with me. that was fun.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ