Spreads for Week 5

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Spreads for Week 5

Post by succotash_54 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:42 pm

This is gonna take me some time to do. Maybe even a couple nights. My sinuses are giving me grief, and it's hard to concentrate here, so bear with me, as they won't have alot of detail.

Team Hunga vs. Team Gemini

The big boys throw down and this will be good. Dylan and Chris. Let's see this.

1. Underall vs. Celestial Slayer

Two modified champs. Also two of the Top 5 ranked bots of all time. Two wicked wedge seets on two wheels each. This will come down to horizontal versus horizontal spinner.

My prediction: Underall 29-16

2. My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World vs. Barrier

Dylan better be hammering away, because that's his best chance right there. Don't look for it to be enough though.

My prediction: Barrier 33-12

3. Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition vs. Striker

Mambo #5 is gonna put up a good fight. The flipper will be a kicker mostly, I figure, pushing Striker away. It'll be a struggle to keep Striker at bay in this one, but the wedges should hold up.

My prediction: Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition 23-22

4. Adreniton vs. Phobia

Those teeth are angled to hit wedges, which is good for Dylan. Phobia may go with the plow though. Should be weird if nothing else.

My prediction: Phobia 24-21

Team Toxic vs. Team Search And Destroy

If nothing else at least we've got two RPers who like doing the team RP post format going at it. Bah, I say. BAH HUMBUG!

1. Silver Phantom vs. Smack Happier

Adam, sometime during last season, we discussed the fact that SRiMech poles seldom actually work as expected, so expect to get your ass tossed about.

My prediction: Smack Happier by KO at 1:11

2. Tiki Dude vs. Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected

POPR should be using a hammer for this one, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for Eli Whitney's nightmare.

My prediction: Tiki Dude 29-16

3. Enigma 23 vs. Stampede

John, go with #1, it's your best chance against that spinning bar, but don't expect much.

My prediction: Enigma 23 by KO at 2:21

4. Power Bar vs. Hellraiser Hybrid.

HH is gonna get hurt. Badly.

My prediction: Power Bar by KO at 1:33

Team Yellow Alert vs. Team Misogyny Technology

Nick and Matt throw down this week. They have something awesome in common: they both went 2-2 against me this season.

1. Exotherm vs. Gudfernuthin EX H

This one will be close. The stats are almost identical, but I like Exo's weapon and stabiliity slightly better.

My prediction: Exotherm 25-20

2. Influenza vs. An Albatross

The clamping cage will get ripped apart like the Whyachi tool, but it may be enough to keep it tight.

My prediction: An Albatross 23-22

3. Probot vs. F Bomb 3

That pushbar is meant for bots like this. Look for its peak efficiency in this one.

My prediction: Probot 31-14

4. Manta vs. You're Gonna Get It Dirty Shirley

I think Matt's given up on his SHW. Tossing and bossing around here.

My prediction: Manta by KO at 2:30

Team Animal Cruelty vs. Team Blood Gulch

I wish I could think of something witty to say here, but the sinus headache forbids it.

1. Dandelioness vs. Zombie Killer

Wedges are the bane of full-body spinners. Dande may have a trick or two, but it'll need everything it's got just to get through this one.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 26-19

2. Warper vs. Rooster Teeth

Warper's wedges are good for handling this kind of bot, but the teeth are long enough to prevent total domination.

My prediction: Warper 24-21

3. Diamond Jim vs. The Arbiter

The Arbiter may be able to do some tossing around but the this one won't be the flipper's.

My prediction: Diamond Jim 29-17

4. Sand Crab vs. Predator

I'm just having a hard time thinking this one through. It'll be close, that much I know.

My prediction: fuck I can't think, I'll just be nice and say Predator 25-20.

Team AC/DC vs. Team Targeted

Good times! These are the good times! Leave your cares behind! Sorry, this headache's awful so I'm quoting crappy songs now. Alex and Paul will be fun to watch.

1. Double Dose vs. Feedback

Two spinners go in, only one comes out. Starring Christopher Walken. I'm thinking Paul's spinner has the edge here.

My prediction: Double Dose 27-18

2. AMP vs. Scorpion Bite

My nod goes to the defending runner-up in this battle of the spinners

My prediction: AMP 23-22

3. Road Rage vs. Tank Mk. 4

Again, for Alex, he'll have to temper his aggression with good strategy, and he'll have this one.

My prediction: Tank Mk. 4 30-15

4. JOLT vs. Eurypterus Evolved

Highly explosive fight. Will be good.

My prediction: Eurypterus Evolved 23-22