Spreads for Week 4

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Spreads for Week 4

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Kinda bored right now, so I've decided that now I'm detached from the actual writing of it all, it gives me a little more liberty to be frank with my opinions on the spreads. Starting with Week 4 since most of the Week 3 RPs are in, and the idea of ARC spreads are to be before the first RP is even in. As a reminder, these are just my opinions. They are not meant to be binding or disheartening, as anyone who remembers last season will tell you, there were many missed calls. It's all in fun, so here we go with Week 4 Spreads.

Team Gemini vs. Team Targeted

Week 2 saw Alex take Philip down to the wire twice, winning one and losing one. But he now takes on the ARC equivalent of Duke. Chris's RPs are felt-covered bricks: feel good at first, then they hit you hard.

1. Celestial Slayer vs. Feedback

At first glance, this looks like a classic bout between a horizontal and a vertical spinner, but let's not forget that this is Celestial Slayer....ranked #5 on the All-Timers list. Chris knows how to use this bot. Also, Feedback's lack of wedging, wheel arrangement, and small exposure zone make it a liability. However, Celestial Slayer's minute speed advantage isn't going to be enough to take full advantage of the plow/wedging. Look for at least one incapacitated weapon in this one.

My prediction: Feedback 24-21

2. Barrier vs. Scorpion Bite

We go from #5 to #7 on the All-Timers list. Barrier's forks and hinged wedges are going to spell trouble for SB. SB managed to keep that weapon on Warper, and Barrier's speed is only one better than W, but the angling of wedges, plus those forks are going to compound the problems.

My prediction: Barrier 29-16

3. Striker vs. Tank Mk 4

And now we have one of Siphai's All-Timers...#14. And make no bones about it: Tank has an ax to grind with Striker. Tank's design has improved. Striker's has evolved as well. We'll see which evolution is more Darwinian. If Siphai can keep the Aggression within the reins of strategy, revenge will be the chilled main course.

My prediction: Tank Mk 4 28-17

4. Phobia vs. Eurypterus Evolved

Phobia is a new bot, so that makes it an X-factor. EE is a proven design and a known menace. With the wedge assembly, we're talking hammers fired while getting taken to the hazards. Phobia looks like a climber, so it may try to do a dance atop EE, but what'll be done? Well...

My prediction: Eurypterus Evolved 31-14

Team Blood Gulch vs. Team Misogyny Technology

If Matt can bring himself to actually try again, he could make these fights very interesting. Josh isn't going down easily, but he may have to struggle to take some of these.

1. Zombie Killer vs. Gudfernuthin EX-H

Zombie Killer's design has improved, but Gudfernuthin EX-H's weapon thrives on thrashing and throwing around wedge bots. The difference for this one, however, may be the spinning X versus a well-armored bot. ZK will get aggression and GFN damage, but durability may spell the strategy story here.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 25-20

2. Rooster Teeth vs. An Albatross

This fight is for the birds. Sorry, I had to say it. I get paid by the pun. If AA can keep pushing RT to the wall, he may be even be able to tip RT over, and I don't think that pole will work. However, I also don't think AA's gonna live long enough to get RT to the wall.

My prediction: Rooster Teeth by Knockout at 1:22

3. Arbiter vs. F Bomb 3

Don't look for a close score. Whoever's lower is going to dominate this one. Arbiter needs to get under F Bomb, because the way that flipper moves, it won't kick off against F Bomb, and while he won't lose traction, he just doesn't have the torque to compete. F Bomb's wedges don't look impressive though, and certainly not well-weighted, but they only need to keep the front of Arbiter at bay, nothing more.

My prediction: Arbiter 33-12

4. Predator vs. You're Gonna Get It Dirty Shirley!

Ok, I need clarification....where does the comma go? Is it "You're Gonna Get It Dirty, Shirley!" or "You're Gonna Get It, Dirty Shirley!"? Cuz Dirty Shirley is an awesome name, and if we ever do impose a five word limit on bot names, Dirty Shirley will be a great title. Anyway, that drum is gonna be the story of this one, though Shirley may be able to to push around to some hazards.

My prediction: Predator by Knockout at 2:26

Team Yellow Alert vs. Team Search And Destroy

John has the experience, but he'd been out of it for awhile. Nick is geting a more solid command of his bots. I'm not even sure which will prevail.

1. Exotherm vs. Smack Happier

Nick, I actually put my head upside-down on the desk to see Exotherm inverted.....and I don't think it's invertible. Those castors aren't powered, and the main wheels won't quite touch the ground. Not to worry though, Cassius-styled flippers like Smack Happier aren't going to have an easy time flipping Exotherm. HOWEVER, if Smack Happier is lower, we could see tipped Exotherm. If Exotherm stays lower, the flywheel will be the story.

My prediction: Smack Happier by knockout at 1:44

2. Influenza vs. Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected

John will think me a dick for saying it, but how the hell do those weapons even attach? I'm not seeing grooves or any setup for connection! Ok, onto what will really happen...POPR needs a lifter for this one. #3 has the length to protect the main body, but it's just a longer arm to smack and bend for Flu. #1 is ideal, imo, as it has the width to handle the wide carousel of Influenza, though #2's plow shape makes it a strong candidate. Either way, Influenza's gyroscopic force should be able to resist the lift attack for most of the fight. If POPR gets the flip, it'll be too late to count Flu out.

My prediction: Influenza 26-19

3. Probot vs. Stampede

Dollars to doughnuts we see lifter #1 on Stampede. Anything else is fodder for the ramming beam. Probot will have its work cut out for it, but I think it will succeed.

My prediction: Probot 24-21

4. Manta vs. Hellraiser Hybrid

Who's lower? That's what it'll come down to. We have another no wheels fight. Yay. Hard call on this one.

My prediction: Hellraiser Hybrid 27-18

Team Animal Cruelty vs. Team Toxic

Adam's back, and Philip's here to offer his welcome back by trying to sweep him. But can Philip do it? Let's look.

1. Dandelioness vs. Silver Phantom

Dandelioness has finally won fights on its own, without a forfeit, but how will it fair against a ring/shell spinner? SP's claws won't be able to grip onto anything very well, and with Dandelioness's torque advantage, SP will be the one getting tossed about after each hit. But Silver Phantom might just be able to put up a little more endurance.

My prediction: Silver Phantom 23-22

2. Warper vs. Tiki Dude

Adam's pride and joy vs. 40% more DIJ rip-off goodness. Tough call here. TD's wedge is a threat with its weight proportion, but Warper's got the plow scoop design to take on this kind of wedge. However, Warper's a dead duck if he can't upend the wheels on TD.

My prediction: Tiki Dude 27-18

3. Diamond Jim vs. Enigma 23

Philip is notorious for his lousy luck against bar spinners. Still Diamond Jim is more than just wedging, and his armor actually stacks up somewhat decently here. Diamond Jim will have to work for it, but I think he can take it.

My prediction: Diamond Jim 24-21

4. Sand Crab vs. Power Bar

Sand Crab has a fighting chance, believe it or not, but he'll have to throw everything including the kitchen sink into this one to get it. Will it be enough?

My prediction: Power Bar 30-15

Team AC/DC vs. Team Hunga

The most interesting matchup of the week. Look for two sets of late RPs and barn burning fights.

1. Double Dose vs. Underall

Double Dose beat Underall last season, and Underall isn't as low anymore. More damage goodness for DD.

My prediction: Double Dose by knockout at 2:44

2. AMP vs. My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World

I've actually got a soundclip of me saying Dylan's MW's name with a slightly weird accent. Supposed to be reminiscent of Willie from The Simpsons. It actually sounds pretty dorky. Maybe I'll break it out at ARCCON, assuming we can get a date nailed down soon. For this fight, that flipper attachment is just more for AMP to hit. Still, he took the championship from AMP last season, so precedent is in his favor.

My prediction: My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World 24-21

3. Road Rage vs. Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition

Dylan will disagree, but I think he should have called it Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is Mambo Number Five. I mean, Death Composition...Mambo #5....they're close enough, and more people (like me) would know what song he's referring to. (I still don't know what song Heartbreak And Hate's name comes from). In this fight, the lack of hammer is a good thing for Road Rage. He'll have to keep with the flipping and pushing, but design-wise, this one is Paul's.

My prediction: Road Rage 30-15

4. JOLT vs. Adreniton

I just don't see anything being able to help Adreniton for this one. JOLT looks like it was designed to take down Adreniton.

My prediction: JOLT by knockout at 1:33

Minion33088

Spreads for Week 4

Post by Minion33088 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Well Philip, you're predictions for me were almost spot on, I wish I could have done as well in LW as you thought.

Kiazi

Spreads for Week 4

Post by Kiazi » Wed May 09, 2007 11:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>1. Exotherm vs. Smack Happier

Nick, I actually put my head upside-down on the desk to see Exotherm inverted.....and I don't think it's invertible. Those castors aren't powered, and the main wheels won't quite touch the ground. Not to worry though, Cassius-styled flippers like Smack Happier aren't going to have an easy time flipping Exotherm. HOWEVER, if Smack Happier is lower, we could see tipped Exotherm. If Exotherm stays lower, the flywheel will be the story.

My prediction: Smack Happier by knockout at 1:44[/quote]

Well, not exactly. Actually it turned out the exact opposite.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>2. Influenza vs. Pissed-Off Poltergeist Resurrected

John will think me a dick for saying it, but how the hell do those weapons even attach? I'm not seeing grooves or any setup for connection&#33; Ok, onto what will really happen...POPR needs a lifter for this one. #3 has the length to protect the main body, but it's just a longer arm to smack and bend for Flu. #1 is ideal, imo, as it has the width to handle the wide carousel of Influenza, though #2's plow shape makes it a strong candidate. Either way, Influenza's gyroscopic force should be able to resist the lift attack for most of the fight. If POPR gets the flip, it'll be too late to count Flu out.

My prediction: Influenza 26-19[/quote]

KO...again...I am definitly going have to give him better armor in the future.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>3. Probot vs. Stampede

Dollars to doughnuts we see lifter #1 on Stampede. Anything else is fodder for the ramming beam. Probot will have its work cut out for it, but I think it will succeed.

My prediction: Probot 24-21[/quote]

Close but with a different winner

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>4. Manta vs. Hellraiser Hybrid

Who's lower? That's what it'll come down to. We have another no wheels fight. Yay. Hard call on this one.

My prediction: Hellraiser Hybrid 27-18[/quote]

Yea, i proved that I am lower. Yea for me...

i think i got my cat preg

Spreads for Week 4

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Thu May 10, 2007 9:54 am

sometimes i wonder where the comma goes too