Weapon Usage Statistics

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by Siphai » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:59 am

In changing the stats and rewriting the rules, I always wondered if it had any effect on the usage of certain robots. That is to say I wondered whether certain environments made certain types of designs more enticing for people to enter. This does not take into account the success of those designs (that's probably my next project, though a much more tedious one to tackle) but we do get an idea of the trend of certain designs as they become popular and slip into obscurity. In this, I do not discriminate weight class, and combine all weightclasses together (I do this because the weightclasses are identical in function, and are all affected by the same rules).

There were two main problems with this project. One was that a different amount of people entered competitions (for example, Ruination and CBBR both had just 9 people entering, while Armageddon had 20 people!). This meant that I couldn't use a hard count of how many designs were entered into a competition, since a tournament like Armageddon, that had 80 designs, would obviously have more bricks than Ruination. Instead I took the design count as a ratio of the total population, to show what percentage of designs in that competition were a horizontal spinner, or a lifter, and then compared those percentages across all tournaments.

The second problem was defining the designs. I tried to keep a limited amount of design types (Striker, for example, did not get its own Treads category, but instead was lumped in with the bricks, while the new Klarinette got lumped in with the Crusher/Clamper). Here's how I classified everything:

Flipper
Anything that uses a jerking motion to lift a robot

Lifter
Anything that uses a smooth motion to lift a robot

Brick
Un-armed robots, or robots who's primary method of competing was its drivetrain.

Horizontal Spinner
Cage, bar, disc spinners.

Vertical Spinner
Anything thin enough to not be labled as a drum.

Drum
Egg-beaters, vertical 'racks', and drums.

Ring/FBS
Ring spinners and shell spinners.

Axe/Hammer
Axes and hammers.

Punchbot
Both Probot-styled Punchbots, and pneumatic spikes.

Thwack
Melty-brained and Sit and Spinner thwacks. Translational spinners included.

Overhead Thwack
All Overkill style thwacks.

Multibot
All multibots, regardless of weapon.

Crusher/Clamper
Razer crushers, Complete Control clampers, and robots that had a combination of ax/hammer and a lifter that could conceivably be used to control the opponent.

And then I simply went through the signups and tallied who I felt belonged where. I don't think my allocation of certain robots would be too far off from what everyone else would declare, but people are welcome to take their own tallies and compare them to mine if you want to see the raw stats :v:

Anyway here are the results:

(All of the stats together)

(Individual stats)

Siphai

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by Siphai » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 am

One of the things I think is interesting is that you can see a massive dip for Bricks right when FRR, and the Wedge Stat, are introduced, but you slowly start to see it climb as people realize that they can continue to be dominant. On the other hand, Hammers, Lifters, and Crushers all dip off a bit as they require both the Wedge Stat and other stats in order to be effective.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Just out of curiosity, did Hector LeMans count as a vert spinner or a drum? :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by Siphai » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 23 2014, 03:07 PM</dd></dl><div>Just out of curiosity, did Hector LeMans count as a vert spinner or a drum? :v:[/quote]Vertical spinner I think. There were a couple of those that I went back and forth on. Usually if I was really unsure I just went with the description =P

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:24 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Sep 20 2014, 10:02 AM</dd></dl><div>One of the things I think is interesting is that you can see a massive dip for Bricks right when FRR, and the Wedge Stat, are introduced, but you slowly start to see it climb as people realize that they can continue to be dominant. [/quote]Or it was round about the time when Lian started entering whole teams of them. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by Siphai » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:59 am

GF93 ragging on someone else for entering whole teams of bricks. This is hilarious&#33;

NWOWWE

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 am

lol
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:36 am

Personally, I prefer Flippers. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 11:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Personally, I prefer Flippers. :v:[/quote]I will now rag on GF93 for having low powered flippers despite SZF winning Carnage with a 1-powered flipper.

Oops. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 12:16 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 11:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Personally, I prefer Flippers. :v:[/quote]I will now rag on GF93 for having low powered flippers despite SZF winning Carnage with a 1-powered flipper.

Oops. :v:[/quote]This is just as valid replacing Shadow Zone with Cuite Honey. :v:

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 12:17 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 12:16 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 11:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Personally, I prefer Flippers. :v:[/quote]I will now rag on GF93 for having low powered flippers despite SZF winning Carnage with a 1-powered flipper.

Oops. :v:[/quote]This is just as valid replacing Shadow Zone with Cuite Honey. :v: [/quote]That too. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Eh, personally I preferred Shadow Zone of those two. Don't care what anyone says, fight me. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Were there really 30 flippers in FRR6? :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 01:38 PM</dd></dl><div>Don't care what anyone says, fight me. :P[/quote]Oh I'll fight you... FOREVER&#33;

:v:

playzooki

Weapon Usage Statistics

Post by playzooki » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 01:40 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 24 2014, 01:38 PM</dd></dl><div>Don't care what anyone says, fight me. :P[/quote]Oh I'll fight you... FOREVER&#33;

:v: [/quote]NWOWWE wins by KO in &#8734;